Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2016 - 형 / Hyung / Brother

2016 - 형 / Hyung / Brother 8 years 7 months ago #134541

• irene_xxvi
  • Thank you received: 9030
thanks @DOH! ;) Let me post the entire article here. :)

EXO's D.O, Park Shin Hye, Jo Jung Suk To Play Siblings In Upcoming Movie 'Hyung'
By Kevin Fox | September 02, 2015 11:41 AM EDT

Three of Korea's hottest stars will hit the silver screen next year as siblings.

According to an industry insider, Park Shin Hye has accepted the offer to join the cast of Hyung (English translation: Brother) and is currently working out the details of her contract.

The upcoming movie tells the story of a con man, Dooshik, who suddenly moves back in with his younger brother, who is training to become the top Judo athlete in Korea.

Jo Jung-suk plays the role of the con artist and Do Kyungsoo (EXO member D.O) plays the role of the younger brother. Park Shin Hye is cast as D.O's older sister, who often argues and bickers with Jo Jung-suk.

Viewers are excited to see the three stars on the big screen together, leaving such comments as, "The lineup is really crazy,"

"Even Park Shin Hye! Cheering for you," and "I'm going to see it as soon as it comes out!"

Jo Jung Suk has recently gained popularity with his role in the hit drama "Oh My Ghostess" and Park Shin Hye is already popular all over Asia due to her myriad of roles in dramas and movies. Her last movie role was in "The Beauty Inside," released earlier this year. Meanwhile, D.O was praised by critics for his first film role as Choi Tae Young in the 2014 movie Cart.

www.kpopstarz.com/articles/237120/201509...k-shin-hye-hyung.htm

although im excited for this project.. i find it a little odd that neither naver nor daum released this kind of story? or maybe i didnt see it. :-V
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by irene_xxvi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, narjess89, Jenzzy, meyergsi, seirazde, IntoTheBlue, BadBat

2016 - 형 / Hyung / Brother 8 years 7 months ago #134542

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Thank you for the news sis @DOH and @irene.....
It is not yet on Naver though.....but i hope it comes out soon if it is confirmed
Or maybe Salt Ent would also come out with a statement.....
I'm sure you will give us good news as it comes out LOL ;) :P ;)

:luvluv: :ding:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, meyergsi, seirazde

2016 - 형 / Hyung / Brother 8 years 7 months ago #134543

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
nu2me wrote:
Hurray !!! although S.A.L.T. will keep us anxious with their confirmation... I am giddy and getting excited with the news all over the net, her possible participation with the movie, "Hyung" (brother) and much awaited interaction with Jo Jung Suk.... we sure miss our Shin-hye this year... although we've seen and love the shares of ppl she encountered in her personal vacation sharing her whereabouts and some beautiful places she's been :) .

Then we have oh so plentiful photoshoots to love and look at and possibly purchase the clothing lines from Rapido, from Mind Bridge, from HStyle... as it looks good on her :blush: and will look good on us too.

and Shinhye return in 3MAD variety show for the final season as guest and rightly so as she's done so much along with the permanent cast of the show and PD Na. :lol:

and who will forget her Millet just released photoshoot and video of their lovable endorsers for their F/W line. ahhhh, I'm in heaven. :blush:

Thank you sis @irene, @maris, @bluenb and @seirazde for this possible Shinhye movie to start filming in October. She will be busy with her school and may have time to appear in this movie..... :pray:

Take care everyone and be safe, keep that smile on always! will miss you guys for some weeks.
Enjoy our site, our loving family here too.
:luvluv:

Sis Eve,
where will you going to? Vacation?
Anyway, do take care.
Wish you be healthy, happy and be safe always.
Hugs.
Please do not leave us so long, we will gonna miss you a lot!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, narjess89, Jenzzy, meyergsi, BluenB

2016 - 형 / Hyung / Brother 8 years 7 months ago #134553

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
EXO's D.O, Park Shin Hye, Jo Jung Suk To Play Siblings In Upcoming Movie 'Hyung

Excerpt:

Three of Korea's hottest stars will hit the silver screen next year as siblings

Jo Jung-suk plays the role of the con artist and Do Kyungsoo (EXO member D.O) plays the role of the younger brother. Park Shin Hye is cast as D.O's older sister, who often argues and bickers with Jo Jung-suk.

'Hyung' is expected to begin filming this October and is scheduled for release in 2016.

Second Article.......
Jo Jung-seok considers role as D.O.’s Hyung
Excerpt ......by Girlfriday....Dramabeans

The film comes from writer Yoo Young-ah (Miracle of Cell No. 7) and director Kwon Soo-kyung (Barefoot Ki-bongie), and is a human drama about — what else — two brothers. All that we’re told about the plot is that Little Bro will experience an unfortunate accident (or cause one, who knows), and go through growing pains in the aftermath.

I wish we could know something more about the two brothers’ relationship, or anything at all about Hyung since he’s the title character. I’m happy with the casting, since D.O. has proven himself as a supporting actor in really short but meaty roles (It’s Okay, It’s Love and I Remember You), and Jo Jung-seok is as fantastic at dramatic stuff as he is at comedy. I think I could buy them as brothers, and I’m sure they’ll wring some tears with their brotherly love.

Hyung plans to finalize casting within the coming week and start shooting in October.

Via Xports News

My Note
I have picked up few sentences from Irene's post above to comment....
The second article excerpt was posted just for the sake of more info about the movie.....

All articles point towards high probability of this news becoming true.......so Eve it would be safe to say that you should continue to feel giddy and excited :lol: .......we are not far behind you in feeling the same sentiments.

I can conclude the following from whatever info is available at the moment....

1. We get to see Shinhye in her new project albeit next year......I am still hoping for something this year too......a short drama / special drama??

2. We get to see her with JJS who I find to be a good actor with acceptable screen presence and EXO's DO.....both have rave reviews as good actors. Since I have only seen JJS in King2Heart where I loved his enaction of the character......so I can be content with the lead cast based on majority opinion across the board.

3. I read somewhere that the writer is the same as MOR7... A well scripted heart wrenching story. The plot above indicates yet another family melodrama and hence with the same writer penning it..........promises to be yet another story pulling everyone's heartstrings.....

4. Shinhye always selects good roles for her movies......ones where she could show her acting prowess irrespective of the character and the duration......as we saw in GOR7 and recently ' Beauty Inside

5. Shinhye has never played a bickering character......that interests me a lot since I feel that she can act it out well and also it will be different from her previous ones. If she accepts..... I do hope it's not going to be similar to ' Beauty Inside' role.....from little that I saw in the trailer.

PS: have a wonderful vacations, Eve! :)

'
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Ma-Lang-Zaa, KIXAMAY, Jenzzy, seirazde, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, BadBat, BluenB

2016 - 형 / Hyung / Brother 8 years 7 months ago #134558

• Maris
Park Shin Hye May Join D.O. And Jo Jung Suk In 'Hyung'
BY JULIE JONES

Excerpt from above article.....

If she takes the role she will play a judo coach. Her character is close to judo athlete Doo Young, played by Do Kyung Soo, also known as EXO's D.O. She cares for Doo Young as she might care for her own younger brother.

Doo Young belongs to a national team but is injured before a competition. Having focused so hard on his athletic skills, Doo Young's injury forces him to rethink his life and his priorities.

[In "Hyung" JJS plays Doo Sik, Doo Young's older con artist brother. He shows up after serving 15 years in prison. Does he come home because he has nowhere else to go? Or is he there to make amends?
And will Park Shin Hye's character be caught in a love triangle with her two leading men? With this top-notch cast, things could get interesting.

My note

Some more new info in this article.....

Really conflicting news in one major way........earlier articles stated that all three were siblings but here it says that Shinhye's character TREATS Do Young like a younger brother and is his coach..... :ohmy:
Whatever.....the basic premise is very interesting ..................a sportsman overcoming all odds and setbacks ........can be a very good movie to watch if done right. This writer has the ability as seen in GOR7.....

New post clarifying my confusion

Actress Park Shinhye will be appearing alongside Jo Jungseok and Do Kyungsoo in the film Brother. She is entering final negotiations as of the 2nd.

Park Shinhye will play a role treasuring Do Kyungsoo like an older sister and bickering with the suddenly reemerged Jo Jungseok.

© source
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, seirazde, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, BluenB

2016 - 형 / Hyung / Brother 8 years 7 months ago #134561

• DOH
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2795
You are right @Maris. There are 2 conflicting articles on the female lead role.

If PSH does take the lead role it will be a challenging one as she will be doing something that she has not done before that is judo and bickering. I guess that is why she is considering it favourably to challenge herself. It is about time she changes her school girl image and get into more demanding and action-packed roles. Would love to see her one day in a high kicking action drama. Shin Hye go for it! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, IntoTheBlue, BluenB

2016 - 형 / Hyung / Brother 8 years 7 months ago #134597

• Verba_
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 846
Park Shin Hye to join EXO's D.O and Jo Jung Suk in 'Hyung'?

credit: www.allkpop.com/article/2015/09/park-shi...jo-jung-suk-in-hyung
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Verba_.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, narjess89, Jenzzy, seirazde, IntoTheBlue, BluenB

2016 - 형 / Hyung / Brother 8 years 7 months ago #134624

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Should we now make a thread for this movie?

Park Shin Hye cast alongside Jo Jung Suk and D.O. in “Hyung”
Posted on September 3, 2015

hyung-jo-jung-suk-park-shin-hye-do.jpg

It has been announced that actress Park Shin Hye will be joining the power lineup of Jo Jung Suk and EXO’s D.O. to serve as the leading trio of upcoming movie Hyung.
An insider has revealed that the actress has accepted the offer for the movie and contract details are still being worked out.
The movie will revolve around the story of a con man (Jo Jung Suk) who moves back in with his younger brother, an aspiring Judo athlete (D.O.). Park Shin Hye will play the role of D.O.’s older sister who often argues with Jo Jung Suk’s character.
Filming is set to start in October and it will hit theaters in 2016.

Cr Koreaboo
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, seirazde, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, BadBat, BluenB

2016 - 형 / Hyung / Brother 8 years 7 months ago #134625

• DOH
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2795
Thanks @Jenzzy for the update.

There are many hate comments about PSH joining the cast of "Hyung".
PSH let's show them what you can do and shut them up!! Fighting!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, BadBat, BluenB

2016 - 형 / Hyung / Brother 8 years 7 months ago #134627

• Maris
So it's been confirmed that ........
.Park Shin Hye will be joining the power lineup of Jo Jung Suk and EXO’s D.O. to serve as the leading trio of upcoming movie Hyung.

My Note:

Hullo Everyone!
:)
We have confirmation......finally!

From what little we know right now......it seems that the story revolves around the two brothers with Shinhye as supportive role albeit an impactful one in regards to the story....
I am positive that her character in this movie will be one that enables her to show herself as an actress who is capable of displaying varied emotions effectively and thus leave a strong impression on the minds of the audience

I feel that this particular one that of a coach and a mentor and a protective elder sister-like would let her showcase herself in a favourable and a new light.....one not seen from her before. Also, as an artist it will help her to grow by challenging her in new ways.

the plus point definitely is the setting of the story written by the writer of the record breaking movie....Gift Of Room 7 that pulled the heartstrings of all across the board irrespective of age, gender and nationality.....an emotional roller coaster. This movie promises to be another one touching the hearts of everyone.......I think we will be seeing the triumph of human strength over adversities faced in life.......the role played by Do Young. Shinhye's role will be an important cog in this regard.

i have heard lots of praise for both JJS and Exo's D.O's acting from all sources........also, Shinhye does choose good roles in all the movies she has been part of in terms of been able to show her different strengths............so I for one am optimistic in regards to the success of this movie.

just my two cents on the subject........or .....has it been more than two cents... :lol:

The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Ma-Lang-Zaa, verfir, Jenzzy, seirazde, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, BadBat, BluenB
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds