Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: You're Beautiful - Moving Forward

Re: You're Beautiful - Moving Forward 13 years 2 months ago #36275

• foxiscully
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 521
hi all....

for those who have been following my take on life after YB, thanks so much for your kind words and support.

if my last instalment was a bit Jeremy centric, this chapter sees the episode more from Mr Towel's point of view...

as usual, I miss them tremendously...hoo hoo...

love all!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: You're Beautiful - Moving Forward 13 years 2 months ago #36277

• foxiscully
  • Senior Star
Chapter 5

“Wow, Hyung sure kept himself busy,” said Shin Woo, eyeing the spread. “I don’t think he slept at all last night. I could hear him still pottering around at about 5.30.”

“Probably excited that Min Nyu is back, huh, Noona?” Jeremy playfully nudged Min Nyu, who was seated beside him.

“Hmm, possibly,” Min Nyu mumbled, turning red thinking of what transpired between Tae-kyung and herself slightly before 5.30.

“Do you think he’s asleep now? Should we call him to breakfast? He was the one who suggested we group tother at 10,” asked Jeremy again.

“Sure why not, I’ll call him,” said Min Nam, already getting from his seat. “Your flight is at 4, right, sis? So we have to make a move by 1.30, latest 2.00.”

“Yeah, Min Nam, go call him down. He’ll be upset if he misses any more time with Min Nyu,” Shin Woo added.

As if suddenly possessing the astudeness of a Sunkyunkwan scholar, Jeremy suddenly claimed, “ya, why have you turned red, Min Nyu ya?” all the while observing her after Shin Woo’s remark of Tae-kyung not sleeping all night.

“Aniya, nothing,” said Min Nyu, eyes wide like a dear caught in the headlights.

Sudenly, all six pairs of eyes were on her.

“Nyu ya….?” Min Nam cocked his head. “Do you know why ‘The Hyung’ didn’t sleep last night? What did you guys do? Tell me,” he demanded, hovering over his sister menacingly.

“We didn’t do anything!” boomed ‘The Hyung’ from the doorway of the kichen, “except just talk. NOT that it’s anybody’s business, anyways.”

Min Nyu literally slump her shoulder s down and sighed a relief. Her brother, still NOT unlike Tae-kyung, could tend to be overly protective over her at times. Even when he was in the States getting his eyes corrected, Min Nam never failed to call her at least once a week to chat and was quite up to date with her going ons with the ANjells.

In fact, while others failed to notice, Min Nam was the only one who suspected of his sister’s feelings for Tae-kyung. That was why he kept Min Nyu’s earlier wherebouts a secret; giving her enough time to heal her wounded heart.

“Hyung!” Jeremy smiled. ”Relax, Hyung, we were just teasing Min Nyu, that’s all. Come and eat. We’re all starving – waiting for you to come down.”

Giving Jeremy his infamous smirk, “even after 4 bananas?” Tae-kyung questioned, eyeing thebana skins in front of the younger guy.

“He he…well you know me and my appetite, Hyung,” Jeremy grinned.

Still smarting over his suspicion over Min Nyu and Tae-kyung’s ‘conversation’, Min Nam asked, “So, Hyung, what didyou and mysister talk about?” he asked, emphasising on on the word ‘my sister’.

Despite his small physique as a boy, being just slightly bigger and taller than his sister, Min Nam could never be accused of being a sissy. So, he not backing down from Tae-kyung’s athoritative manner was not a surprise to Min Nyu.

Shin Woo too smiled at Min Nam’s forwardness, truly remembering how Manager Ma had earlier gush at how Min Nam’s character was a cool mixture of Tae-kyung’s charisma, Jeremy’s playfulness and his own sensitivity.

“A lot of things……from what she will be doing in Africa to updating her with our recent activities,”Tae kyung replied nonchalant ly, making his way to fridge to get a bottle of Avian. Only from Shin Woo’s position to the left of the fridge, that the latter could see Tae-kyung’s ear tips turning as red as Min Nyu’s earlier shade, as the ANjell leader ducked his head into the fridge.

Though he still could not help feeling a little jealous, roughly guessing what transpired between his two friends, Shin Woo also could not help but to feel happy for both Tae-kyung and Min Nyu. Knowing the loneliness and respective childhood hardships that the two had faced, even Shin Woo felt that the two lovebirds deserve their new found happiness.

Ever since he found out that the love affair between Tae-kyubg and Hei Yi was just a sham, Shin Woo had to admit to himself that the both Min Nam and Tae-kyung truly deserved each other’s love and loyalty.

Where Shin Woo had known of Min Nyu’s attraction and later love for Tae-kyung, Shin Woo always felt that Tae-kyung’s frowns and harsh words towards Min Nyu in their early days were just the leader’s way of bullying the smaller and younger ‘guy’. Never did Shin Woo suspect that all the ‘bullying’ was actually Tae-kyung’s way of covering his real feelings, for Shin Woo had always believed that the Tae-kyung - Hei Yi Pairing was real.

Heck, Shin Woo thought. If one could tolerate kissing a person he hated, then that had to be the highest form of sacrifice in itself. For a lesser person, kissing a beautiful woman in the name of sacrifice was certainly not a chore, but for the ‘never a hyprocrite’ Hwang Tae-kyung, that was surely not the case.

Shin Woo covertly smiled at the memory of Tae-kyung’s statement of not being jealous of Hei Yi being kissed by her celluloid leading man at the National Fairy’s movie preview not long ago. While the press accepted it a boyfriend’s open mindedness and support for his girlfriend’s acreer, Shin Woo now knew that it was the hard truth on Tae-kyung’s part.

“Tea, Hyung?” Shin Woo asked, as if as a peace offering. Things had been a little strained between them, even beforeMin Nyu came into the picture. The cause of it was still not analysed, but Shin Woo felt that it was about time they patched things up.

Always the intelligent one in the group, Tae-kyung looked up from his mineral water, cocked his head to the side and said,”yeah, why not? It’s been a long time since I had one,” and indirectly accepting Shin Woo’s peace pipe.

Min Nyu also noted this exchange and smiled inwardly. Even if her heart belonged to Hwang Tae-kyung 100%, she still loved all the other members of ANjell, her brother included, to death.

“Shall I serve everybody?” she asked, getting up from her seat. Her brother who had already forgotten his line of questioning ‘The Hyung’ and long began a battle of ‘who can count the banana’s spots’ the fastest with Jeremy, was again seated at his seat facing the fridge.

Probably beacause of the effect of wearing girl’s clothing, Min Nyu scooped the fried rice daintily and placed a plate to her right, and discreetly pulled out the stool beside her. Only then could she tentatively looked up at Tae-kyung over the bent head of the tea-making Shin Woo, silently inviting him to take his seat.

Abandoning his usual smirk, Tae-kyung actually smiled sweetly down at her and made his way to sit beside her.

And for the very first time since Min Nyu left the group, amidst sweet teasing and merry laughter, all the ANjells sat at the table to have breakfast together - reunited with their one and only honorary fan.

~ To be continued ~
Last Edit: 13 years 2 months ago by foxiscully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deanne, rainygirl, feliciawst

Re: You're Beautiful - Moving Forward 13 years 2 months ago #36668

• feliciawst
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 577
yeah!! you finally updated!! as usual, love your writing!
waiting patiently for the next one!! :)
thanksss!!! :piggyrabbit

Re: You're Beautiful - Moving Forward 13 years 1 month ago #39027

• foxiscully
  • Senior Star
Chapter 6

“Aww, isn’t that the cutest sight ever,” Cordi Wang gushed, peering through the door crack.

“Ne, I never thought that Sister could look this sweet and pretty,” Manager Ma sighed.

Previously, Ma only had two images of Min Nyu – one as the virtuous Sister in Training and the other as an awkward young boy. Never had he pictured her as a quiet, demurred, pretty young woman before. Even with short hair, Min Nyu managed to comb it in a more girly fashion, complete with her beloved faux jewel encrusted clip.

The blouse and skirt made all the different, Ma supposed, still musing on the ‘Sister’s’ physical changes, but he concluded that it was more the quiet and calm disposition she currently exuded – seeming to be more sure of herself, her sense of purpose but most glaringly, the confidence in the love, family bond and friendship that she has now well excepted and embraced.

The secretly dating Manager Ma and Cordi Wang arrived that late morning at the ANJells’ abode to say farewell to Min Nyu and perhaps follow the others to send her off to the airport.

The scene that greeted them was of the ANjells and their honorary fan sitting having breakfast and bantering with each other that just overloaded the Cuteness Radar.

The two younger ANjells were still bantering each other, with Jeremy telling Min Nam to get his own bike and leave his, Jeremy’s, alone.

“Ya, you are earning well now. So, go get your own vehicle!” Jeremy screamed.

His anger was only met with more teasing from Min Nam, who answered, “you don’t have a poor sister to support Jeremy – with your family living the high life in the UK,” Min Nam grinned.

“Ya, who are you calling poor here. I am working now, all right!” Min Nyu answered indignantly. “And I am keeping that royalty on Maldo Obshi, until you decide to re-record it!” she humphed in triumph, knowing full well that her boyfriend, the ANJell leader, would go through heaven and hell to keep the original recording going strong.

On that statement, Tae-kyung who was having a discussion with Shin Woo on the arrangement the latter has done on their latest song, rubbed his hand absently on Min Nyu’s back, silently reassuring her that the royalty earned on the extremely popular single was safely hers – not that Min Nyu really meant what she said, anyways. It was just a jest with her brother; and in a way trying to tell Min Nam that he can slowly step off his ‘bread winner of the family mode’ since they were both grown up now and able to earn their own living. In a way, Min Nyu’s decision to go to Uganda was to double up as a self discovery journey for herself.

She knew that she wanted to work with children and if possible, within the confines of the church, but in what exact capacity, she was not quite sure yet. She also knew that music will also play a part in her life from then onwards.

And it was in that mood that both Cordi wang and Manager Ma found the ANjells, comfortable and happy to be with each other again.

“Good morning, good morning…,” called the manager cheerfully. “Have you all started breakfast without us?” he asked dangling a bag bearing a famous Korean deli’s brand.

“Come, come, Min Nyu ya, you must tuck in some of our Korean delicacies too before you go,” Ma laughed.

Then, he leaned to his companion and whispered, loud enough for all to hear, “how long will she be away again?”

“Just 3 months, Manager Ma,” Min Nyu laughed at the latter’s entrance, bounding off her seat to help the newcomers with their bags of food and other goodies.

“Min Nyu, I packed some Korean seaweed for you to bring with you on your journey."

“Thanks a lot, Cordi,” Min Nyu said, fondly hugging the taller lady.

“Sigh…Nyu Ya…cincha, you are such a pretty girl,” said Wang, repeating the same statement she had been saying since last night’s concert. “I did such an incredible job hiding this gorgeous girl!” she laughed.

And so, the two new additions joined in the fracas at the breakfast table. Min Nam and Jeremy helped to unload the food from the bags, Shin Woo made extra pots of tea while Tae-kyung just smiled and looked on.

Manager Ma, silently thanked the powers that be that brought him to the beautiful voice of a wiry young boy, singing his heart out in an empty park one fateful day. Ma’s car broke down that evening and he went to search for help, to push his car to the side while waiting for his mechanic to arrive.

But instead of finding some able hands to help him, he was drawn to the voice singing from under a discoloured play tunnel there. A 17 year old Goh Min Nam was simply singing, whiling his time away, thinking that he was the only one at the already deserted playground.

Dumbed struck at the beautiful voice, Manager Ma could only hand his card at the scowling Min Nam, having been disturbed from his favourite evening past time. Croaking that he was looking for talents for the ANjells, Manager Ma extended his hand for a hand shake and after a long silence, Go Min Nam accepted the hand and hence started a beautiful journey that had recently ended at this breakfast table.

An hour later, a reluctant Tae-kyung announced, “Goh Min Nyu, I think it’s time for you to get ready. We have to leave the house in half hour, at the max.”

At Tae-kyung’s announcement, all laughter and nonsensical chatter stopped.

Jeremy looked like he was about to cry, Cordi Wang too for that matter. Min Nam looked like he wanted to hit someone. Manager Ma looked helpless while Shin Woo was his normal unreadable self.

“Emm, Hyungnim, do you think I could bring Dwaejo Tokki with me?” Min Nyu said in a small voice, wanting to break the uncomfortable silence.

“The Pig Rabbit doll?” Tae-kyung cocked his head.

“Ne, the pig rabbit doll. May I? Take him with me?” she asked again.

“Ya, Goh Min Nyu,” Tae-kyung boomed, straightening his stance. “I don’t think you understand the concept of that doll. First of all – it is a she. You are a dwaejo tokki. Hence the dwaejo tokki doll is you. If and when you are not around, the dwaejo tokki doll represents you. Hence, while you are in Africa, dwaejo tokki stays with me here.”

“But I thought you made the doll for me,” Min Nyu whined.

Tae-kyung cocked his head again, ”No…. I made the doll so that I can put the pin you lost on its ear. The pin is yours but the doll is not.” He actually spoke in slow motion, punctuating almost every word, as if talking to a child.

“Aish…Hyungnim, sometimes your logic really frustrates me,” Min Nyu scowled and said, looking so much like her brother.

“Hummpphh, she is still calling him Hyungnim after all this time,” Min Nam shake his head, mumbling to himself and at Min Nyu’s ‘couplehood’ inexperiences. “Perhaps it is better for you to go overseas for a while,” he further thought. “Perhaps it will light a bulb somewhere on what couplehood really is in that little head of yours.”

“Ya, who are you calling frustrating?” Tae-kyung voice was heard in rebuttal, drowning Min Nam’s inner conversation.

“Ya, ya…kids don’t fight. You only have a few more hours together before Min Nyu board her plane. But you are lucky today, Min Nyu ya, because I have just the solution for you,” offered Manager Ma.

Ma disappeared for a short while, only to return with a huge brown box.

Ceremoniously, he opened the lid of the box and lifted a brightly coloured doll box, quite like one of those Barbi doll ones, only half a size bigger.

“It’s a Tae-kyung doll!” Min Nyu shrieked in delight, arms outstretched to receive the doll from Manager. “And Shin Woo-hyung, Jeremy and oppa too,” she further peered in the big brown box.

“Can I take them all with me,” Min Nyu beseeched. “Please? I need to them to keep me company at nights,” she smiled winningly.

“Ya! You can take them all to Africa with you, but you can only take Tae-kyung to bed,” the Leader again had to have the last say. “I mean only the Tae-kyung doll to bed,” he corrected himself.

“For a prickly guy, you sure are a smooth one, aren’t you, Hyung,” Min Nyu’s oppa said grudgingly. “If Nyu ya were to take any doll to bed, it would be mine. Her oppa is the one who should be guarding her, from smooth operators like you. Even if it is just in the form of a doll.”

“Seriously, I am beginning to doubt the rationale of having you stay here permanently, Nyu Ya. Perhaps I should a rent an apartment for you after all,” her brother continued.

“Ani,” Jeremy protested quickly, stopping his admiration for his doll. He was helping Min Nyu tear away at all the doll boxes, with all the other dolls tucked safely in Min Nyu's arms. “Ya, think about it, Min Nam, with Min Nyu in the same house, we can chaperone her. Watch over Hyung, make sure he does not to try anything funny.”

“Ok, ok, you may have a point there, bud. For once, you seem to make sense,” Min Nam concurred, however his innuendo at Jeremy’s ‘slowness’ seemed to be lost where Jeremy was concerned. Then, he too caught up in the excitement of looking at the ANjell dolls – making a grab for the already opened Min Nam doll from Min Nyu’s hands.

Min Nyu smiled at her brother and pointed at the ear ring that the doll designers had thoughtfully included on the Min Nam doll. Since the effort was a product of Manager Ma's, the doll designs were basically 3D models of the play cards that Min Nyu had found with Tae-kyung on their 'birthday date' not so long ago.

Shin Woo smiled at the two younger guys antics and came forward to pick his doll up.

He leaned to his side at Min Nyu, and whispered, “you know that at the end of the day, which doll you can really count on, right, Min Nyu ssi?’” he wriggled his eye brows in an unexpected attempt at a joke, soliciting a warm smile from their common object of affection.

All these while, the ANjell leader stopped his tirade and noticed that at the end of the excitement, the only doll that remained in Min Nyu’s arms was the one that truly belonged there – the Hyung doll himself.

~ To be continued ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: deanne, jeob

Re: You're Beautiful - Moving Forward 13 years 1 month ago #39043

• feliciawst
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 577
the next chapter has arrived, and yet again, not disappointed and i don't think i'll ever be!!

i think you must be getting tired of reading the same comments from me!! haha

but i just needed to let you and everyone else here who reads you fanfic, what an awesome writer you are!!

as always, looking forward to the next one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: foxiscully

Re: You're Beautiful - Moving Forward 13 years 1 month ago #39172

• foxiscully
  • Senior Star
Dear Demi & Felicia

Many Thanks for your support.

Like I said, i finally have some spare time currently - hence, another chapter is coming really really soon.

This time its focusing on the our favourite twins.

I know it was difficult for Hacci to portray both a girl-impersonating-a-boy and an-actually-real-life-boy.

But a Min Nyu and Min Nam interaction is just too good to pass, so here goes....

Hope y'all like like this one.

Hugs!

p/s to any Japanese readers out there, our love and prayers go out to you in your current strife. Ganbatte ne!

Re: You're Beautiful - Moving Forward 13 years 1 month ago #39174

• foxiscully
  • Senior Star
Chapter 7

“Nyu ya, you will come back to us, won’t you? You won’t suddenly decide that you like it there so much, that you don’t want to come back, right?” Min Nam asked worriedly.

The two siblings were together in Min Nyu’s new room.

Min Nam on his sister’s bed, with one leg folded on the bed and the other, dangling towards the floor. He was already showered and dressed to go to the airport with her. His leather jacket and sunglasses both lay folded on the bed beside him.

Min Nyu, herself, was putting her personal items in the overnight bag she would be carrying on board with her. Also tucked in the bag was the pack of Korean seaweed Cordi Wang had so thoughtfully brought her as well as all the ANjell dolls, sans their respective boxes. She was lucky that the soft dolls were flexible enough to be folded and fitted into the little bag. Her own travel luggage had already been checked in at the airport before she went to the concert the night before.

“Don’t worry, Oppa. I’ll come back. Three months will be over before you know it,” his younger sister smiled and came to sit in front of him on the bed.

”In fact, I’m quite sad that I’m leaving…” Min Nyu confessed.

“Sigh…why do I have this feeling that your sadness has nothing to do with your Oppa…?” asked Min Nam sadly.

Mi Nyu laughed, “Don’t be silly Go Min Nam aka Beautiful One. Firstly, of course I’m sad about leaving you. Since joining the band, you visited meonly twice at the church. You are too busy for your doengseang nowadays. Secondly, if work is not keeping you busy, then a certain singing sensation is..” she quirked her eyebrow at him

“Ha ha, ok, you got me there. But still, will you really be ok out there? This is your first time abroad, you know. Alone and for a long period of time,” Min Nam asked worriedly.

“My second time actually. I have been to Japan, on my own too,” she corrected him.

Being twins, the two siblings have their fair share of similarities and differences. They share the same looks, musical talents and sunny disposition.

In the looks department, the two could only be told apart from the constant tick that Min Nam used to have in his right eye, a physical flaw that Ma Shilbang addressed with the cosmetic surgery that went botched in Korea and rectified in the US.
Musically, they were both self taught and the musical notes later learned from one of the nuns. The raw talents and sweet nature were theirs alone.

But while Min Nam was outgoing, Min Nyu was shy. While Min Nam was volatile, Min Nyu was calm. While Min Nam was streetwise, Min Nyu was naïve.

They were both raised at the orphanage. But while Min Nam ran away to experience the real world and fend for himself at the age of 15, Min Nyu chose to stay and live the life of a nun.

But dreaming of a better life and finding their mother were quests they both shared. It was a consensus decision on their parts to both choose to leave and stay at the church – Min Nam leaving to search for better lives for the two of them and Min Nyu staying to provide the interim stability they both needed til they both make it in the real world.

Often a time, Min Nam would come back to the orphanage to seek a place to sleep or food to eat. Often a time, it was Min Nyu who provided the extra money, earned from her work at the orphanage, needed for Min Nam to survive in between jobs.

The words loyalty, love and care would be understatements of what they feel for each other.

“I’ll be ok, Oppa,” Min Nyu reassured her brother. “Don’t worry, ok. But don’t change the subject, ok. Are you really together with Hei Yi ssi?”

Min Nyu was quite concerned with the development, knowing her brother’s history with relationships.

“Ha ha …she’s not a bad person, really…. Just misunderstood….. and spoiled. A bit jaded with the industry too, if you ask me. She’s been acting, singing and doing CFs since she was 8 years old.So usede to getting her own way and people worshipping her that it was not fun anymore. So, I believe, god sent her to me for me to give her a new lease of life, show her that life is still beautiful out there,” Min Nam laughed.

“I think that was why she fell for The Hyung, actually. She just needed somebody to boss her over. And that was the first time that someone actually said ‘No’ to her, “ he continued.

“But you’re not saying ‘No’ to her? She’s the one saying ‘No’ to you?’ Min Nyu claimed incredulously.

“That is what we call strategy, little sister. Push and pull. Give a little, get her intrigued, then stop. Then give some more…,” Min Nam explained.

“Cheongmal?Really?” Min Nyu, still skeptical.

“Ya…that’s the strategy,” Min Nam excitedly, trying to convince his sister.

“Once she bites, I’ll show her what real love is,” he grinned, but then sighed. ”A bit tiring, if you were to ask me - this pulling and pushing nonsense. But believe it or not, some girls actually like it,” he lamented, sounding more like the Min Nam, his sister knew.

The Min Nam she knew was not one to fool around with matters of the heart. Once, Min Nam liked a girl, he would go for the kill. The only problem was that the same Min Nam was also commitment-phobic – always breaking it off with the girl once the feelings get to deep.

Min Nyu blamed it on their lack of family love in their early days.

However, with him in the band, she hoped things wouldl be different for her brother – because although the ANjell members have such diverse personalities and may often opt for some solitary time of their own, they stayed strong as a group, have camaraderie as brothers and have fun while practicing or on stage. And their musical talent kept them together in both need for their mutual survival as well as personal respect.

Min Nyu attested this theory of the way Tae-kyung automatically accepted her, Min Nyu, after she first sang for him – despite his misgivings and instinct about her then.

Min Nyu put her hand over her brother’s “Oppa, I know you will do the right thing when the time comes.”

She smiled, “I haven’t told you how proud I am of you. You have done so well, not only for yourself, but for me too.”

“Ya, sis, it is you who is my strength. Without your support I wouldn’t have made it this far. You also had to put up with that Diva and Blondie for one and half months. I believe only Shin Woo hyung managed to make your life easier here. Komawo, doengseng,” Min Nam bowed his head at his sister.

“Now, it’s time for you to discover yourself. Whether it’s in Uganda, or when you come back. Take your time. Call home as often as you need to. Don’t worry about money anymore, ok?” Min Nam once again reassured her.

“Ne, Oppa, thank you to you too. Please live well and make the most of your time here. Hyungnim and the others will help you along the way, so please learn as much as you can from them,” Min Nyu adviced her brother.

“Yeah, the boys are great. And I hope to learn a lot from The Hyung, after he stops moping around after you, that is,” he said.

“Yes, Hyungnim is great! Very talented!” Min Nyu agreed enthusiastically.

“Oh, but such a diva! Of all the boys, you have to fall for that one? How in the world did that happen?”

“Hyungnim is actually a very nice person, you know. Like us, he didn’t have a very good childhood either. His mother left him too. At least we have each other. Just try to get to know him, he’ll be a great sunbae to you, Oppa,” like a true girlfriend, Min Nyu defended Tae-kyung.

“Ok, ok,” Min Nam laughed at his sister’s enthusiasm.

“Ya, maybe you should consider calling someone else Oppa too from now onwards,” Min Nam quietly asked his sister.

"Huh?" Min Nyu, the naive resurfaced.

"Like your Hyung nim, for instance," Min Nam proded.

"Oppa..."

“You have to stop calling him Hyungnim sooner or later, you know,” he smiled. “Maybe call him Oppa too, or TK Oppa?” he suggested.

“Are you giving us your blessings, Oppa?” Min Nyu smiled. “That’ll mean so much to me.”

Often a time, both of them respectively filled in the roles of a father or mother for each other. This time was no different. Min Nam felt that this conversation may rival any ‘father giving away his daughter’ talk like no other.

“Ya, when have I ever said ‘No’ to you?”

But he continued with changrin, “You could have chosen a less prickly guy, though.”

“But you are right, he is not so bad. And I know he loves you to bits. Probably even need you more, than you need him,” Min Nam reminisced of his early days with the then distraught Tae-kyung, when Min Nyu was away. “So, I shall entrust our dear leader in your care, then! Make sure you come back safely from your trip, so you can help us all pacify him from time to time.”

His sister could only smile at that remark.

“I love you, Oppa. Please take care of your health while I’m away.”

~ To be continued ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lina507, feliciawst

Re: You're Beautiful - Moving Forward 13 years 1 month ago #39610

• foxiscully
  • Senior Star
Tx a lot Demi & Felicia...

Working for Universal or Fox...ha ha ...I wish...

Tx for the compliments, but I take my inspiration from all the other wonderful fanfiction writers out there. (Check out fanfiction.net). I do believe that they are the unsung heroes of the literary world!

On my last instalment, I was a bit upset when YB did not mention the real Min Nam much in the drama. Granted that Hacci could not portray a real live boy in the drama, but they could have mentioned Min Nam more. At least as phone calls, or conversations btw Min Nyu & Ma Shilbang.

They are twins, for dear sakes, they should be portrayed as closer than what was in the drama...

Well, no complains really, I just wanted the show to be longer that a mere 16 eps, tis all.....ha ha

Tx, dears....will try to update more soon....you may be in for a surprise (ke ke)

Re: You're Beautiful - Moving Forward 13 years 1 month ago #39756

• foxiscully
  • Senior Star
Chapter 8

“Where is the guy, anyways?” grumbled Min Nam. “He was the one who said we had no more than half an hour to get ready.”

“Hey, it’s ok, bud. Maybe if we are late enough, we may miss the plane again and Min Nyu really do have to go,” Jeremy said hopefully.

He was slumped over the kitchen table, propped by his elbows. As usual his hands were busily peeling a banana, before he went in for a big bite.

They were all gathered in the kitchen, waiting for Tae-kyung to join them before they head off to the van. Cordi Wang and Manager Ma were there too but will be driving off to the airport on their own.

It was close to 2pm then and with half an hour to be spent on the drive to the airport, Min Nyu would only be left one and a half hours to check in and board the plane.

“Jeremy, it’s bad luck for travels to be postponed too many times,” said Cordi Wang superstitiously. “So, let Min Nyu go off safely, so that she can come back safely to us when the time comes.”

“Ya, let’s refrain from talking about bad lucks, ok,” said Min Nam worriedly. He was standing beside the stool where Min Nyu was sitting. Cordi Wang was seated too while Shin Woo and Manager Ma were both standing in idle nearby.

Min Nyu reached out to tap Min Nam’s hand in assurance. “Don’t worry, Oppa. I’ll be ok. And there will be someone from the Abyss to meet me at the airport when I arrive.”

“It’s not just arrival part, but also the long flight. And then, the actual three months stay,” Min Nam lamented.

“Ya, aren’t there tigers and lions in Africa? Is it really safe to be there?” Jeremy mumbled in question, munching away on his fruit.

“Aish, will you not add to Min Nam’s worry, already?” Shin Woo shook his head in admonishment. “Africa is quite modern now, you know. Shows how much you watch CNN. Try to youtube something real once in a while instead of just googling at Dara and Bom.”

“Hey, the current favourite is now GNa, ok,” corrected his blond buddy.

“Ok, I’m ready! Shall we make a move,” Tae-kyung entered the kitchen without a preamble nor an apology for his tardiness. He stood at the kitchen entrance with a midsized suitcase in his hand and his laptop knapsack on his shoulders.

“Hyung? Where are you going with the suitcase?” Shin Woo asked, however he knew what the answer was before it was announced.

At the surprised look from everyone around the kitchen, the ANJell leader said “Mwo? You don’t expect me to just let Min Nyu fly halfway across the world on her own, do you?” Tae-kyung asked incredulously. However, his fidgeting his belt buckle somehow showed his uncertainty to those who were perceptive enough.

“The farthest she has gone to is Busan and even that is in her own country,” Tae-kyung further tried to rationalise his actions.

“She did go overseas, Hyung. She went to to Japan with us, remember? And as I clearly recall, she never did make it to Busan,” Shin Woo interjected with a knowing smile.

When Tae-kyung realized that apart from Shin Woo and his remarks, the others just continued to stare at him and his travelling items.

“Well, it’ll only be a week. Or for however long it takes for Min Nyu to settle in,” Tae-kyung offered. “Our next appearance isn’t for a month, anyways.”

“I mean...... if it’s ok with Min Nyu and everyone,” Tae-kyung looked fleetingly at Min Nyu before settling his eyes on her brother, in a way trying to seek consent from the older twin.

However, the consent came from Min Nyu herself.

“Ne, Oppa. Thank you for volunteering to accompany me. I’m happy you will be with me till I settle down,” she smiled.

The new way of Min Nyu addressing her Hyungnim was not lost on anybody. Tae-kyung’s chest seem to swell in pride at the term of endearment, Jeremy and Manager Ma both whooped in delight while ShinWoo and Cordi Wang simply smiled.

However, the person who had initially suggested that the term of endearment be used in the first place, scowled.

“Ya, Hwang Tae-kyung. You may be my Hyung and my sunbae but do remember, that Min Nyu is my sister. I don’t want any hanky panky while both of you are abroad without us to watch over you,” Min Nam warned.

Min Nam was actually torn with his feelings.

A part of him was glad that Tae-kyung will be accompanying Min Nyu to settle in. Being the latest recruit to the band, Min Nam did not have the luxury of taking any time off to escort Min Nyu on her journey. Tae-kyung, on the other hand, was free to do whatever he pleases. And even President Ahn would not be able to stop him once he made up his mind.

But as a brother, Min Nam was also worried of Tae-kyung’s intentions when left alone with his sister.

“A bit late for the warning, I have to say,” Tae-kyung smirked. “Considering the fact that she slept in my room for a good part of her stay here before,” not even trying to placate Min Nam's worries with the fact Min Nyu slept all the way across the room from Tae-kyung all the while.

“Aish…,” Min Nam said dejectedly, knowing about the temporary sleeping arrangement Min Nyu had to endure at one point of time. Having no one else to blame for the predicament, he pointed an accusing finger to Ma Shilbang.

“You! This is all your fault!” Min Nam shrieked.

The bespectacled man could only look guilty and grin sheepishly, “heh heh, shall we all go now?”

~ To be continued ~
Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by foxiscully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: feliciawst, Maple

Re: You're Beautiful - Moving Forward 13 years 1 month ago #41261

• sunnie245
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 339
Thank you so much and i look forward for more....:luvluv: :luvluv: :luvluv:
psh/jks forever
Moderators: Mandy, narjess89
Time to create page: 1.335 seconds