Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: So if there were an Heirs Part 2 . . .

So if there were an Heirs Part 2 . . . 10 years 4 months ago #75836

• KimcheeMe7
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 133
Ahhh since the ending of Heirs I've been in a complete daze. Wondering what could have been or what will happen in the future. Will KT's happy ending really happen??? Did they leave an open-ended ending with chances for a sequel?!?! I think/hope so!!!=X

My imagination has gotten the best of me as I draw out a storyline for "Heirs 2." Thought I'd share it with all of you, maybe for some feedback and for insights on your ideas, and also to just get it off my chest so I won't keep going off into other possible plot lines. I'm too lazy to write a full fan fiction so this is a kind off a summary or general plot lines that I would like to happen if there was an "Heirs 2." I'm not going to dive into other character stories, otherwise I'll go crazy. I'm just going to focus on some main characters.

Bear with me. I am not an expert at writing stories and some parts of the story may be more detailed than others.

Opening: The story will open with KT and ES happily walking down the same tree-lined path where "Heirs 1" left off, only it is about 9 years later. They are older and more mature (hopefully the sequel can be PG-13 or for a more mature audience so the romance factor can step-up a notch), but they are still as happily in love as they were 9 years ago. Still acting playfully and talking of family and friends (KT’s Mom, ES’s Mom, Young Do, Hyo Shin, Yoon Chan and Boo Na, etc.) to give us a glimpse into what has become of some of other characters, as well as reminiscing the past.

ES has finished her schooling at Jeguk, has gone to college for broadcasting and now holds an entry-level position at a radio station working behind the scenes. She continues to juggle work and school as she is also pursuing a Masters in Arts for broadcasting, with the hopes of moving up the ladder and landing on air.

KT has also graduated from Jeguk and gone to college for business while shadowing Kim Won to gain some experience and learn more about running the family business. He has maintained his lively, happy, and strong persona, unlike his brother Won.

As it was left in “Heirs 1” KW gave up Hyun Joo for the throne and was set to marry one of the stockholders daughters to gain “insurance” for holding up the business. 9 years have passed and just as his marriage was formed based on a business decision and not off love, it has also ended that way. KW’s wife has divorced him for a chairman of a foreign company. Along with the divorce she has taken a sizeable sum from Jeguk and has left KW with the pressure of reconciling that loss. Won still continues to put up a front in front of everyone, including KT and the family, acting as though he has everything under control and that he has not been defeated as he was never in love with her.

Meanwhile, KT and ES have naturally grown closer and KT has marriage on his mind, but does not want to propose until he has finished shadowing KW and can finally take a solid role at Jeguk to earn a living for him and ES. Instead, he decides to give her a promise ring for them to stay together forever and in the near future will be married. KT plans a romantic night for when he gives ES the ring. Taking her to tree-lined path they’ve walked several times, now lit with Christmas lights. He jokingly hugs her from the front (flashback from episode 14). She says this is like “déjà vu” him hugging her like this. She jokingly checks his coat pocket like before and has found a box containing the promise ring KT has placed in there for ES to find. She asks what it is and he tells her to open it. She is shocked to find the ring and looks at him with a questionable look saying “Are you . . . are you . . . pro . . . prop? He looks deep into her eyes and says “In time. Until then this our promise to each other that we will always take each other hands, in times of danger, sadness, and happiness.” ES cries tears of joy as KT puts the ring on her finger and joyfully gazes at it on her hand. She jumps up and hugs him and gives him a loving kiss.

At the same moment, KW is at a bar in a restaurant having a drink by himself. He catches a glimpse of HJ coming in at the door. He is surprised at seeing her, since it has been so long. His past feelings and memories of her begin to surface as he looks at her. He contemplates whether or not he should greet her, but when he finally works up the courage a man walks in behind her and she links her arm around his as they are guided by the hostess to their table. KW sits down slowly as he watches them take their seats. He turns his back to them and takes a gulp of his drink still adjusting to what he just saw. He almost gets choked up, but suppresses his emotions and rushes out.

Later on at home in his office we see KW still thinking of HJ. Flashbacks of their break-up appear. He is interrupted by KT and ES who have come to greet him. KT and ES are happily laughing and smiling and KW notices the ring on ES’s hand. KW looks up shocked and turns to KT smiling. “Did you . . . propose?” KT replies smiling “Not yet. You’d know if I did.” KT turns back to ES and pulls up her hand and kisses it. He turns back to KW and both of them say goodnight as they leave the room.

KW is left smiling, but slowly it begins to fade as he is reminded of his fun times with HJ. He begins to think to himself what could have been if he had chosen HJ, just as KT chose ES. He wonders if it’s too late. At that moment he makes a call to someone asking them to do an investigation on Jeon Hyun Joo. He wants all the details on her background, occupation, relationship status, etc. He hangs up the phone with a worried look on his face as the image of HJ and the man at the restaurant come to mind.

Upstairs in Tan’s room ES and KT are sitting on his bed. KT sitting up against the headboard as ES lays against him while studying for class. KT lays his head against hers with his arms around her waist watching her studying and giving her pecks on the cheek. Then he says “how can you study after what happened tonight?” He takes her hand and looks at the promise ring. ES retorts back “Yah doesn’t this promise ring include that you’ll stay with me even in times hard work and STUDYING!?!?” “Aissshh.” KT gives up and continues cuddling ES. She asks him how his time with KW is going and if he’s learning a lot. KT says he never understood how much hyung had to give up for himself to run the company. He is glad to be in the backseat for now.

Soon after KW’s request for an investigation into HJ he learns that HJ is now assistant principal at another highly regarded school in Seoul. Also, she is engaged to a doctor that she has been dating for over 4 years. KW is heartbroken when he hears the news. He feels defeated before he has even started to work up the courage again. He gets into his car and drives, eventually ending up at HJ’s school. He waits in his car hoping to catch a glimpse of her. He sees her come out just as a car pulls up. It’s her fiancé. Her fiancé comes out to greet her giving her a peck on the lips. KW’s heart sinks as they drive off.

Over a span of time Won can’t get HJ out of his mind. Living with his regret and constantly watching her. He begins to become depressed. Then one day while sitting at a café near the HJ’s school, HJ walks in and sees KW at a table. They both catch each other’s eye and are dumbfounded with what to do. KW is surprised to actually be seeing her in person and stumbles when getting up from his chair. She hesitantly walks over to greet him. She says “It’s been a long time.” KW can’t help but gaze at her face. He just nods. The scene cuts and continues with them sitting across from each other awkwardly. Silence passes and finally KW asks how she’s been. HJ gives some details on where she works and how she’s been, but never mentions her fiancé. KW shyly asks if she’s seeing anyone. HJ just gives a slow nod and looks away. KW couldn’t help but asks even if he knew. He wanted to hear it from her. Feeling uncomfortable HJ gives as excuse to leave and says it was nice seeing him and hopes he is well. She rushes out leaving Won yearning to see her again.

Won begins to watch over HJ more persistently. He waits at the café at the same time everyday hoping to catch her again. Time passes and finally she comes in again and is startled to see Won there. He beckons her to sit with him again and tries to act lively, although she is noticeably uncomfortable. Won brings up their past asking if she still thinks about him. HJ wonders why he is here and asking her these questions. Won says he’s just reminiscing. HJ feels heartache as she looks out the window thinking of her and Won’s past. She turns back to him and says “Can’t we leave it as it was 9 years ago? Please let’s not meet like this again.” She moves to get up, but he pulls her hand. He looks at her with agony in his eyes. “HJ I’m ready now. I’m here for you.” HJ pulls her hand away with her eyes tearing up. She slowly says, “I’m sorry it’s too late. I’ve found someone who I love. Who instead of longing for a throne to stand a top of is here to stand by me.” Won says, “I can do the same for you now.” HJ responds with a doubtful expression “have the circumstances really changed? Now that you stand on your throne have things become clear? Don’t ever see me again.” HJ rushes out with a wave of emotion.

KW falls to pieces and as time passes he grows more depressed. He begins to lose focus of managing the company, drinking heavily, and fooling around with girls. Won has come to think his life has become meaningless. He feels he has reached the top, but has found it to be lonely.

KT has taken notice of his hyung’s change and starts to worry. He struggles with Won, telling him to clean himself up or he will lose what he has worked for. Won yells back, drunkenly, “Was it worth it? I want to die!” KT flashes back to when Won was there for him when he was spiraling down after ES left him. It is then that KT decides he will do whatever it takes to find KW happiness just as he has with ES.

As Won struggles to keep himself together KT is forced to step-up his duties in place of his brother. Yoon the VP is still there to help guide him. Time passes and multiple scenes appear of KT as he stands in for his brother while struggling to take the reins. Glimpses of KT appear showing him making strides and “kneeling down,” with successes and failures. At first KT’s characteristic is optimistic as he takes on the challenges, but slowly we see his demeanor change as he experiences the “cut-throat” politics and “back-handed” deals that he faces. Slowly, we see KT become more rigid, almost changing into his father and KW. Will he be transformed completely or can he find a way out? We don’t know . . . yet.

Meanwhile, trouble begins brewing when Jung Ji-Sook (the second wife) and Kim Nam Yoon (KT and KW’s father) brothers resurface as they get wind of Won’s behavior. They see this as a chance to overtake the company.

As KT faces these struggles ES sticks by his side. We see a completely different side of her than from “Heirs 1.” She takes the reins this time, trying to stay strong for KT (No more crying, well not as much). ES tries to calm his woes and give him perspective when he needs it. However, at times you can sense ES and KT losing each other as KT becomes hardened with company troubles. KT loses his sweetness, his sense of humor, and meaning. At times neglecting ES, failing to be there when needed, and even becoming short-tempered and inconsiderate to her. Can ES help KT find his way back again? Will ES stay by his side? We don’t know . . . yet.

Soo . . . umm . . . I didn’t intend on making a full-blown fanfic, but as I was writing this it kinda went out of proportion and I want to make a Part 2 :wahaha

Please let me know what you think. Let me know if this is annoying and I’ll stop. I know I can go off into tangents so there won’t be any hard feelings. Really. I’m just rambling stuff that’s been floating around in my head.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, Mandy, elankham, love_geunshin, hacci143, _jacelynlee, miel

Re: So if there were an Heirs Part 2 . . . 10 years 4 months ago #75838

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
Wow.....

Amy, you have a potential to be a good script writer. That was nice..but please don't change KimTan..he has a 'WHITE' heart.

If Kim Tan change, the HEIRS will lost it's gist!

You may continue as long as you could.

Thanks for sharing. Hugs.

Take care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KimcheeMe7

Re: So if there were an Heirs Part 2 . . . 10 years 4 months ago #75839

• Mandy
  • Thank you received: 2038
Daebak kimcheeme7! That was phenomenal! I loved it....I actually think it is great that the conflict is Tan's change in character. You are soooo creative!!! You need to write Heirs 2!!! Can you add Young Do in??? Maybe he will be there for Eun Sang if Tan neglects her and his feelings for her will be ignited again.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham

Re: So if there were an Heirs Part 2 . . . 10 years 4 months ago #75840

• KimcheeMe7
  • Junior Star
@elankham Thanks you're too kind!! :shy:

Yes I agree with you I don't want to change KT's white heart. I want to make sure I don't contradict anything that happened in "Heirs 1." I guess KT is just getting a taste of what could have happened if he didn't choose ES. He may have become just as rigid and heartless as his father. But, I promise you, in my story, he will definitely comeback to his old self. This is just temporary. :-V

Re: So if there were an Heirs Part 2 . . . 10 years 4 months ago #75841

• KimcheeMe7
  • Junior Star
@Mandy =X OMG!!! We think alike. I was thinking of adding him in as a friend there to console ES while KT isn't there for her. But at the same time I want to find some love for YD this time. I'm not sure where though. You think Kang Ye Sol can be the one. She did have a crush on him. I just don't want heartbreak in KT and YD's relationship again and I don't want to be redundant on the love triangle with KT/ES/YD. I'll definitely find a place for YD though.

This is hard my focus keeps shifting every second, but so far it seems to be less on love triangles and romance and more about mending the dynamic of the Kim family and family business. Love and friendships will eventually follow.

Thanks for the feedback Sis Mandy!!:heartsh:

Re: So if there were an Heirs Part 2 . . . 10 years 4 months ago #75842

• elsiec
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 267
Dear sis Amy, thanks for this story! I really enjoyed it. I can see that you like all of us want to see more of The Heirs story. It definitely needed a lot more episodes and possibly a second season.
I think your writing is great! In general, I liked the story line, except, for the last part where you show KT as getting hardened by trying to deal with the company troubles. I am not sure I want to see a hardened KT. One of the things I liked about The Heirs was the fact that KT never stopped loving CSE, fighting for her and being a warm kind of guy. That was the difference between him and Won.

Other than that I really liked your plot line.

Thanks!

Re: So if there were an Heirs Part 2 . . . 10 years 4 months ago #75843

• KimcheeMe7
  • Junior Star
Thank you!! @elsiec

I appreciate your feedback. For sure, I agree with you too. I love KT's unveiling love for ES. I promise to bring him back to his old self. :-V

Re: So if there were an Heirs Part 2 . . . 10 years 4 months ago #75846

• almontel
  • Thank you received: 4049
I definitely would want to see a Heirs Part 2 and your storyline i'm loving!!! now that they're older, there will be more challenges they'll be facing, it's part of life, right? the older we get, more responsibility and more challenges. we will get our ups and downs and in the process learn from the mistakes we make...

of course i didn't want to see the change on KT especially how he's been totally devoted to loving one girl and that's ES.

I would love to read more, so please, do continue on...and yes, it would be nice if you can bring back the other casts too...

as for Young Do, hopefully ES will have a girlfriend that she can introduce to him that he can fall for. (I suddenly remembered reading up that in truth, PSH has a friend who is friends with KWB and that's how the 'joke' about being a 'friend' or a 'sunbae' came about since KWB has stated he doesn't like to be friends with someone born in the 90s since he was an 89'r...ke ke ke...

thanks for sharing!!! Love it!!! keep it up!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KimcheeMe7

Re: So if there were an Heirs Part 2 . . . 10 years 4 months ago #75864

• KimcheeMe7
  • Junior Star
Thanks @almontel! Yes, Young Do definitely needs to find love this time around. If he's introduced to someone from ES maybe it can be someone from her old school. Otherwise, my other alternative was Kang Ye Sol, since she had a crush on him already. They can bump into each other again and Young Do will slowly come to like her.

Not for sure yet how to add in Young Do's love, but I'm determine to give him a happy ending, :willing
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, elankham

Re: So if there were an Heirs Part 2 . . . 10 years 4 months ago #75880

• Mandy
  • Thank you received: 2038
Hi KimCheeMe7

I personally think it is OK if Tan "neglects" Eun Sang due to work. It's not like he is neglecting her because of another girl. It would make sense too because he also loves his family too besides loving Eun Sang. There has to be another conflict as they grow older and as they have more responsibilities. Tan won't change because he still loves her but he may not have as much time as before. However, I would want Eun Sang to stand by his side no matter what but of course, she will always feel a pang of loneliness when he is not there to celebrate, oh, say her birthday or Valentine's Day due to work. Here is where Young Do can jump in. I think I would want Young Do to eventually love another girl but I still would want him to care for Eun Sang. So this caring can rekindle those feelings in him but Eun Sang is monogamous and will kindly reject his feelings again.

I am surprised to think Tan would let Eun Sang be a broadcaster being a jealous man. There will be tons of men looking at her. Remember he wants to kill anyone who even looks at her? Teeeehhh.....keep up the good work!
Moderators: Mandy, narjess89
Time to create page: 1.196 seconds