Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2013 (tvN) Flower Boy Next Door '이웃집꽃미남'

2013 (tvN) Flower Boy Next Door '이웃집꽃미남' 11 years 4 months ago #61923

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
Yoon Si-yoon comes back as pretty boy again

ScreenShot2012-11-01at12.52.49AM.png

Stars in tvN "The Pretty Boy Next Door".

Actor Yoon Si-yoon is coming back as a pretty boy this time.

Yoon Si-yoon has come back home after long term promoting his drama "Me Too, Flower!" overseas. His next project is "The Pretty Boy Next Door" on cable TV tvN.

"The Pretty Boy Next Door" is about the reality of not knowing who lives next door. This is the third 'pretty boy' series in following the "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop" and "Shut Up: Flower Boy Band".

Yoon Si-yoon has pulled off several characters so far in dramas, "Bread, Love and Dreams" and "Me Too! Flower". Park Sin-hye is his opposing character.

Meanwhile, Yoon Si-yoon acted out the character who works hard to become the best cook there is in the Chinese "Happy Noodle" also known as the Chinese version of "Bread, Love and Dreams". Yoon took on the role of a fashion stylist in the Japanese internet movie "Brand Guardians".

faa6ce91b4d5b60d0eb34515_2011-05-25-2_2012-10-31.jpg

Park Sin-hye is his opposing character.

Source : news.donga.com/3//201...
Read more at www.hancinema.net
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by elankham.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, iloveHACCI, Humilis, hsumeg, vertige25, primrose

2013 (tvN) Flower Boy Next Door '이웃집꽃미남' 11 years 4 months ago #61945

• almontel
  • Thank you received: 4049
I love that we get to read up on so many write ups about the 3rd TvN's Flower Boy series:

Third tvN Flower Boy drama stars Yoon Shi-yoon, Park Shin-hye
by javabeans

Dude. DUDE! I’m not going to jump the gun and say this show is going to be awesome… but it’s going to be awesome, right?

The time has come for a third installment in the “Flower Boy” series, and this one is titled Flower Boy Next Door. I love that, inasmuch as I love all cute plays on words. The producers have scored two big names for this one: Yoon Shi-yoon and Park Shin-hye. Huzzah! Two young talents with acting skills to match their pretty faces.

Cable channel tvN has scored twice thus far with its “Oh Boy” series of programming. Oh Boy was a project that kicked off last year to target the young teenage demographic (which doesn’t always command the big broadcast audiences—the prime-time dramas on the Big Three stations mostly target 20-something and 30-something audiences, as well as the ajumma viewer base). It kicked off with Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, then aired a reality audition show to cast a supporting role in the follow-up drama. Straight from the auditions did Yoo Min-kyu go to Shut Up: Flower Boy Band, where he played bassist Ha-jin.

Both Flower Boy dramas have been ratings successes and became buzz shows, and both definitely scored with me—they were vastly different despite the Flower Boy in their titles, but spoke to me for different reasons. Ramyun Shop was zany and comedic in the best of ways, while Shut Up just spoke to my heart. The reason both worked—despite the admittedly gimmicky premise—is that even though they’ve got the trappings of fluff teen fare (and the marketing, branding, and pretty faces), neither drama forgot to have a story and a spirit, and contained tons of warmth and soul.

Thus I’m hoping third time is also a charm, and am optimistic that this one will also have a solid story to carry the drama. It’s based on an existing webtoon called I Steal Peeks At Him Every Day. It’s an upbeat, lively story that centers around an “urban Rapunzel” type character, played by Park Shin-hye, who is locked up in her lonely tower. Figuratively speaking—at least I hope. She sneaks peeks at her neighbor across the street, and gets caught by a different guy, played by Yoon Shi-yoon. Sold and sold. I’m hooked already.

These names crack me up; Park plays Go Dok-mi, which is a play on the word for lonely (go-dok). Yoon’s flower boy character is named Enrique Geum. Okay, there’s nothing inherently funny about his name, but the juxtaposition amuses me. Enrique is a fashionable creative director with charm out the wazoo and “superior genes.” Heh.

I’m super excited about this pairing, because I love both actors but not always all their roles, and this one sounds like it’ll be great for both of them. I’m crossing fingers and toes that they have chemistry, because they sure have the comedic and dramatic chops. I really enjoyed Yoon Shi-yoon in his last drama, Me Too, Flower, and he was good in it—but that drama nosedived and I couldn’t shake the feeling that he was terribly miscast. Park, too, has had some winners and also some… not-so-winners. So I’m hoping this one succeeds.

Plus! PD Jung Jung-hwa is back in the game, after having directed Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. Screenwriter Kim Eun-jung is penning the scripts; her film credits include Coffee (Gabi) and Hwang Jini (the 2007 movie).

Just like the first two series, Flower Boy Next Door one will be a Monday-Tuesday romantic comedy running for 16 episodes. It premieres on January 7, 2013. *circles date in red ink* *decorates with flowers and hearts*

Via Segye
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Humilis, primrose

2013 (tvN) Flower Boy Next Door '이웃집꽃미남' 11 years 4 months ago #61955

• Sachasa
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 75
to those who are interested to have a glimpse of the webtoon, you may check this link:

cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/peekinghim#7
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, iloveHACCI, Humilis, bungii, primrose

2013 (tvN) Flower Boy Next Door '이웃집꽃미남' 11 years 4 months ago #61962

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
Park Sin-hye has been cast for the tvN drama "The Pretty Boy Next Door".

photo262538.jpg

"The Pretty Boy Next Door" is based on the original web toon, "I Sneak A Peek At Him Everyday" and it s a comedy drama that pleasantly unravels the modern day person's mentality to peek. The city-type Rapunzel Ko Dok-mi (Park Sin-hye) clashes with the pretty boys next door and steps into the world.

Park Sin-hye leads the story as the unique character Ko Dok-mi who completely disarms the pretty boys and through them, she walks out into the world step by step.

4HIM Entertainment said, Park Sin-hye will reveal 200% of what she's got in this drama.

Meanwhile, "The Pretty Boy Next Door" will be aired for the first time on the 7th of January in 2013, every Mondays and Tuesdays at 11PM.
credit: www.hancinema.net/
The following user(s) said Thank You: iloveHACCI, Humilis, primrose

2013 (tvN) Flower Boy Next Door '이웃집꽃미남' 11 years 4 months ago #61980

• nzida
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 947
Sachasa wrote:
to those who are interested to have a glimpse of the webtoon, you may check this link:

cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/peekinghim#7

thanks! i've been searching for it...looks very interesting...i wonder who'll be playing Enrique's best friend? he's supposed to be Go Dok Mi's love interest

i hope PSH won't be sporting full bangs though..i think she looks the best without bangs or even pretty with side bangs

update:
omg!!! i'm so excited about this drama! the webtoon is soooo interesting...and i can't even understand it! i hope they can do a really good adaptation...n i love that there are so many scenes of Go Dok Mi and the boys hehehhe...i hope they pick someone really good for Enrique's best friend coz he plays a crucial role in the drama...too bad PSH won't be wearing any pretty clothing bcoz of her character
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by nzida.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humilis, snowhninpyae

2013 (tvN) Flower Boy Next Door '이웃집꽃미남' 11 years 4 months ago #61982

• Mandy
  • Thank you received: 2038
Like I said in my earlier post, I was honestly hoping Shin Hye would play a more mature role. I haven't seen the other 2 parts of the series, but this sounds like another series that can potentially make another mark in Shin Hye's acting career. I really don't want her to be typecasted all the time as the schoolgirl in her roles, but this series sounds like it may surprise me.

2013 (tvN) Flower Boy Next Door '이웃집꽃미남' 11 years 4 months ago #62027

• yunihz
  • Thank you received: 5525
@Moon, here is our Official FB for them: www.facebook.com/ShinHye.SiYoon.
Everyone, Please Like!! :-V

capture-20121103-220740.jpg
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by yunihz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bungii, 11iszonlymine, snowhninpyae

2013 (tvN) Flower Boy Next Door '이웃집꽃미남' 11 years 4 months ago #62028

• yunihz
Beautiful poster of Shinhye's upcoming drama ‘Flower Boy Next Door' via @Plane_shan of PSH_BaiduBar

681595829.jpg

:ding:
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham

2013 (tvN) Flower Boy Next Door '이웃집꽃미남' 11 years 4 months ago #62029

• yunihz
Yoon Si Yoon won the Best Couple Award for his two previous drama.. :woohoo:

♥ 2009 MBC Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Shin Se Kyung (High Kick Through the Roof)
♥ 2010 KBS Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Lee Young Ah (King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo)

ysy.jpg

Hopefully he will win it again with Park Shin Hye.. kekeke :pray: :pray: :pray:
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, bungii

2013 (tvN) Flower Boy Next Door '이웃집꽃미남' 11 years 4 months ago #62030

• yunihz
My poster for them.. kekeke :-V

capture-20121103-165631.jpg

Please Like! www.facebook.com/ShinHye.SiYoon :bingo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, elankham, Lina507, Humilis, hsumeg, primrose
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.212 seconds