Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오'

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 7 months ago #95435

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Excerpts from Hitoritabi:

Park Shin Hye has confirmed for ‘Pinocchio’. (www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201409040815470410)

SAY YES JONG SUK SAY YES PLLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEE

Apparently wellmade said they haven’t decided .___. (and they’ll settle with a decision before filming starts - duh you will)

www.metroseoul.co.kr/news/newsview?newscd=2014090400071

(I don’t believe you haven’t decided - YOU JUST DON’T WANT TO TELL ME)

The fact is Wellmade is trying to repair the damage that SidusHQ did by at first insinuating that Woobin was the first choice for the role. This caused negative feelings in the production team (who had other people, including Jongsuk, in mind).

The term they used is ‘settling on a stance’. They hope to make it clear for Jongsuk’s sake that he didn’t ‘take’ the role from anyone. (I try not to get into this pre-production drama, but I hope it doesn’t affect whether Jongsuk would take the role or not. I would really want him to work with IHYV’s staff again…)

P.S. The response on the Naver post for PSH’s confirmation seem to be positive so far. They say she is pretty and acts well. :)

:heartsh:

Oh I guess that is a reason for Agencies NOT to say something beforehand especially if their talent is just offered and nothing is confirmed yet. We hear from other actors/actresses that they received and are considering roles and nothing else was mentioned, no mention of drama titles. That is why the PD was furious.

LJS is one fine actor who has proven that he can act his character well and viewers are drawn to the drama more.

So we will wait. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Maris, starfire182921, mana ^-^, hacci143, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 7 months ago #95444

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
Woah....PSHeffect~
Top Search for "Park Shin Hye confirmed for Pinocchio" etc...
(cr. 囧龟龟囧)

image_2014-09-04-12.jpg

Via wintercherub

My Note: Goodmorning/Evening Everyone!:)
Great day to be here........where is everyone......got to go soon and don't see anyone......:( .......
Eve........Shinhye's confirmation has lot of positive comments by people on Naver etc......That's great to hear... :P . Thanks! That you liked the colourful graphics......that's what I felt like at the moment.....happy, cheerful, dancing ( was in response to others comments) :woohoo:

Yes! Now the waiting for the male lead confirmation so that we can truly start to feel what it's going to be like..... :pray:
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, nistymaj, starfire182921, mana ^-^, librajapan, narjess89, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 7 months ago #95445

• moon
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 843
Park Shin-hye headlines Pinocchio as reporter who can’t lie

Ah, so now we have the reason behind Pinocchio’s title — the drama features a heroine who can’t tell a lie. She’s a character who suffers from Pinocchio syndrome (I think it’s called different things, but they mean a condition where your body shows a physical sign whenever you lie), which makes her hiccup whenever she isn’t being honest.

That’s a pretty cute conundrum to put a drama character in, since I’m just imagining all the ways that could become embarrassing in the presence of a crush or an unpleasant boss. I don’t know how realistic the condition is, but coming from the producers of I Hear Your Voice, I’m prepared to just count it as a random mutant ability/curse anyway. It can’t possibly be weirder than hearing people’s inner thoughts, could it?

Park Shin-hye (Heirs) has now confirmed that she’ll be headlining, which isn’t a surprise; Lee Jong-seok (Doctor Stranger) is still considering, but I expect the confirmations for everyone else to start rolling in pretty soon. Lee Yubi (Gu Family Book) and Kim Young-kwang (Plus Nine Boys) are up to play the second leads, in what will likely be a rookie foursome much like the one in You’re All Surrounded.

The SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama from the writer-director team behind I Hear Your Voice will be a coming-of-age story featuring twentysomething cub reporters at the city news desk. They dive into an environment where every day is a battleground, and spend 24 hours a day together chasing the latest stories. It’s described as a drama about youth, love, failures, and growing up.

Park Shin-hye’s heroine chooses to be a reporter because of her inability to lie without a case of the hiccups. I don’t really know how useful that is for a career in journalism compared to the ability to detect other people’s lies, but we’ll go with it. Hopefully she’ll be a lively character with lots of spunk and winsome flaws to scrub that depressing Heirs girl from my brain.

Pinocchio follows She’s So Lovable in November.

Via Osen
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, nistymaj, mana ^-^, hacci143, librajapan, narjess89, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 7 months ago #95448

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
I love luv DC for coming up with cute, most specially brings smiles. :) perfect!
Thank u sis@kimloveeun for posting.
I got one more....

cr: DC
:luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Maris, nistymaj, starfire182921, mana ^-^, librajapan, Jenzzy, L-Khie

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 7 months ago #95450

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Hello @moon, always good to see you, happy to see you back. :) we will be 'chatting' more in the coming months, first more confirmations from the others for Pinocchio, Park Shin Hye's 2 "Story of Angel" fan meetings in Taiwan and Thailand, and the first reading for Pinocchio in between after all casts are there.

Hi @maris :) you are one reliable friend for updates. Thank you for all your shares dear. It was unfortunate you know who, won't be in this kdrama but I am equally happy that LJS will accept (hope we hear his confirmation soon. sigh)
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Maris, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 7 months ago #95451

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Omo. Omo. Omo. Did i miss something here???.....Lots of posts to read! I am sooo happy!!!

There are many things on my mind about the drama but i know these questions will soon be answered
Oh i don't want to be negative but what if LJS doesn't consider? Do they have a second lead in mind???
Please please confirm soon LJS....but more importantly Shin Hye has a new drama! YES!!! YES!!!
Something to look forward to....November 12 it is!....It has the same time slot as the heirs?? Just saying :):):)

Good evening / morning my dear sisters!....Glad to be back after a day's work.
@kimloveeun now where are you??? :)
SHIN HYE! Fighting!!!! :superkiss: :kiss1: :heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, mana ^-^, librajapan

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 7 months ago #95452

• librajapan
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 137
nu2me wrote:
I checked first on Lee Jong Suk thinking if he confirms.... then we'll hear from S.A.L.T. Too.

hmm no word yet from their end?

Anyways so happy that the angst of waiting is over. :P Park Shin Hye is... what is her character name again... :blush:

thank s to all sister here for the information I,m happy to see park shinhye in drama I miss her so much
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Maris, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 7 months ago #95454

• Maris
Park Shin Hye Says Yes To 'Pinocchio'
BY Julie Jones | Sep 04, 2014 09:24 AM EDT

image_2014-09-04-13.jpg

Park Shin Hye's agency, S.A.L.T. Entertainment, has confirmd that she has signed on for the leading role in the upcoming SBS drama "Pinocchio."
The actress will play Choi In Ha, a 20-something rookie reporter who covers local news. Choi In Ha suffers from the very embarrassing "Pinocchio syndrome." If you don't remember the children's story, Pinocchio's problem was that he could not tell a lie. Every time he did his nose grew longer and everyone knew he was lying. Choi In Ha's Pinocchio syndrome takes the form of hiccups. Every time she lies, she begins to hiccup. That may have been why she became a journalist, as reporters are dedicated to searching for the truth.

According to her agency, Park Shin Hye was motivated to take the role of Choi In Ha because of the character's sincere and forthright personality. It's also possible that Park Shin Hye saw herself in the character. Park Hye Reon, who wrote "I Hear Your Voice" was said to have written "Pinocchio" specifically with Park Shin Hye in mind. Both the director Jo Soo Won, who directed "I Hear Your Voice," and the producer Hwang Ki Young were eager to have Park play the role.

It has been a busy year for the actress with a small screen role in "The Heirs" and her role as a fashion-conscious queen in the film "The Tailors." Her commitment to "Pinocchio" signals her return to the small screen.
Cr: kdramamaster

My Note: until now I had known that the writer director wanted her specifically so it's great to know that the producer ( Sidus...KWB, Yubis agency) wanted her too. The producer always wants a bankable artist more than anything else so that he makes money on his project. They definitely knew who to pick with a Hallyu star, popular one( weibo, Baeksang , Dramafeveretc) like Shinhye. The writer/ director choice is always based on talent of the artist so when all three chose Shinhye from the very conception of the project.....it's a HUGE compliment fo Shinhye and also negates all those who have any doubts about her acting abilities in a big way......
Way to go Shinhye.....with key people backing you besides all the vast starlight fandom ....
:piggyrabbit

Moon it's great to see you back after the longest of times........hope things are fine with you and you can be with us regularly specially once the drama starts..
Eve.....I know ! .......it is BUT my first priority is always Shinhye's role first and then the rest.....Mahalia and some others have the same preference too.......as far as updates are concerned.....nobody can do it better than you, Jenzzy, Rachel, kimloveeun, Narjess etc.
Mahalia, my friend.....I knew you would be compelled to show your presence with the latest news...
We need Elena here at this moment too.....
It's good to see starfire, librajapan, verfir, mana, mshan here......
Missing Anne! Hope she feels better quickly to join us here.......
Did I miss any in the roll call? Really looking forward to all the action now with you all and others who decide to join in......the more the merrier!
Love you all!....
:luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nistymaj, starfire182921, mana ^-^, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 7 months ago #95457

• Maris
Park Shin Hye as ‘Choi In Ha’ in ‘Pinocchio’- CONFIRMED!
Park Shin Hye as ‘Choi In Ha’ in ‘Pinocchio’- CONFIRMED!

image_2014-09-04-14.jpg

This is a great day for many fans of the actress Park Shin Hye who have dying to see her again on television. The actress has been confirmed to be taking the lead role for the upcoming SBS drama 'Pinocchio'.

The big news has been revealed by her agency S.A.L.T Entertainment stating that the actress will soon be seen on television as the social affairs TV reporter 'Choi In Ha'. The main character of the program suffers from what is referred to as the 'Pinocchio Syndrome'.
It was also reported that the actress had wanted to do the series to show a different side of her after doing the 'love-centered' drama 'The Heirs' opposite Lee Min Ho. 'Pinocchio' will be directed by PD Jo Soo Won and is written by Park Hye Ryun, the same tandem behind the drama 'I Hear Your Voice'.
Park Shin Hye and the rest of the Pinocchio cast will soon be seen starting November.
Credit: Kpopstarz Australia

My Note: two new things to note here.....
1. Kpopstarz Australia seems to be Shinhye's fan too for them to know that her fans had been waiting for ages to see her again ...:)
2. This drama is centered more towards a storyline that is not romance .......from what they say here about Shinhye wanting to be in a drama that is not "love -centered".........That's good that her character then seems to be multidimensional but I do want romance too.........I don't think I need to worry in that regards because after all no Korean drama that I have seen is without romance.....good for us... :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: starfire182921, mana ^-^, mshan, Jenzzy, L-Khie

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 7 months ago #95458

• nistymaj
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 147
What can I say my dear friend @maris and all our sis here..... i usually don't feel the need to post coz your sentiments are also mine....kyahhhh jumping for joy :kiss1: :piggyrabbit :piggyrabbit .... i really have a finger crosses that this will be a breakthrough drama for her.... :pray: :pray: thank you everyone for your updates.... back to lurking for the meantime :bye:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, starfire182921, hacci143, Jenzzy
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.222 seconds