Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오'

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 2 months ago #114877

• irene_xxvi
  • Thank you received: 9030
irene_xxvi wrote:
[RUMOR] Someone posted on weibo that they saw LJS at PSH's family restaurant along with other people but she doesnt recognize them.. and that she didnt get to see SH but she had an autograph through SH's father...

cr as tagged

Trans By: sonjalukewong

another trans

first sentence: The meal is really worth it. Got exclusive autograph! Saw LJS's side view. Pity Shin Hye is suited to be paparazzi as she vanished without anyone noticing, so (I/we) did not get to see SH, but got her autograph, which is not bad!

second sentence: Saw LJS, but SH entered somewhere (.. presumably she went into the kitchen or back of restaurant), so did not see SH. SH's dad went and got the autograph for us.
cr: stewiefg
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by irene_xxvi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Maris, librajapan

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 2 months ago #115006

• irene_xxvi
  • Thank you received: 9030
'Pinocchio' Kim Young Kwang "I Was Envious and Jealous of Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye"

"I am not greedy, but while filming this drama, I was envious of the scenes showing Inha and Hamyeong together. I was extremely jealous."
Born in 1987, Kim Young Kwang is 28 years old this year.

He acted as a second-generation chaebol broadcast reporter Seo Beomjo in the SBS TV 'Pinocchio' which ended on the 15th. In the drama where Lee Jong Suk (Ki Hamyeong) and Park Shin Hye (Choi Inha) were the main leads, he acted as the man who has a one-sided crush on Park Shin Hye. His role was to break off the chains of the corruption running throughout the whole drama.

Truthfully, he was greatly disappointed.

"I was disappointed that I couldn't have a love line with Inha. I had to become a character that the female lead can lean on to in order to induce love triangle conflicts. However, it seems it was too difficult to place Beomjo and Inha together because of the intense support for the love between Inha and Hamyeong. I couldn't approach Inha."
However, such a feeling of disappointment is a normal emotion felt as an actor. In addition, he felt that it was an honor to act alongside with Kim Hae Sook who was his mother in the drama.

"I got goose-bumps while watching Kim Hae Sook teacher acting. I am extremely grateful to receive acting advice from her. She kindly explained each point in acting in detail."

Kim Young Kwang debuted as a model in 2006. His height is 187 cm.

"Seo Beomjo in 'Pinocchio' was different from me. I was not wealthy and it was difficult growing up. My father passed away when I was in the 6th grade, so I lived with my mom and my older sister. I worked in a lot of part-time jobs. Convenience store, glass factory, 'laborer', gas station...Then one day, when I was 19 years old, someone told me that they will give me 100 million won if I film a commercial for two days showing only the back of my head. It felt like it was a once in a lifetime chance for me back then. That opportunity really made me start modeling."
This Incheon boy did was not interested in dressing up or in fashion and wanted to spend his life owning a DVD store while watching his favorite animations all the time.

However, through the 'back of my head commercial', he was introduced to a fashion designer a few days later and was able to stand on a runaway stage.

"At first, I thought that all the luxurious clothes that I wore at the fashion show were all mine to take. (Laughter) After learning that it isn't like that at all, I started to wear similar clothes as imitations. While watching the stunning model hyungs I met at the show, I said to myself, 'I want to become stunning like them." It was from then on that I dreamed of becoming a model."

"The model job that 'I started without thinking much' was successful. Through modeling, my name started to become known, and while standing at stages overseas, I was able to walk in a different path from owning a comic store."

Then again in 2008, he started acting in a rush. 3 days before a photo-shoot, I got a proposal to appear in the drama 'Worlds Within" starring Hyun Bin and Song Hye Kyo.

"In the drama, I played an actor who was starring in a historical drama. I was a cameo. At that time, I felt alienated since I was only a cameo, which was a stimulus for my desire to act. I began to think thoughts like 'Why do I feel like I am being neglected?' and I wanted to overcome these thoughts. I began to believe that to overcome these thoughts, I have to come in first place in acting in a project."

While starring in 'Love Rain', 'Good Doctor', and 'Plus Nine Boys', he slowly started to get bigger roles. He said, "While acting, I feel refreshed and proud. It feels like I am releasing all the emotions I have kept inside me. I really like that feeling."

"Above all, after becoming an actor, I am mostly amazed at how people like me. The viewers' reactions were no joke. It is also different from working as a model. Even now, I receive a lot of love in such a degree, but I wonder how I would feel if I receive a lot more love. I want to become an actor who a lot of people like. I don't know how the start will be like, but right now, I am sure that I want to become a good actor.

source: www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2015/01/30...150130005700005.HTML
trans: TheFoodMonster
Kim Young Kwang Was Surprised By Seo Bum Jo
BY Julie Jones | Jan 30, 2015 10:43 AM EST

Kim Young Kwang was confused by his "Pinocchio" character Seo Bum Jo. And because he could not read the entire script before signing on to the drama he was surprised at the way the character's story developed.

"I thought Seo Bum Jo was cute when I just read the synopsis and the first half of the script," Kim said in a recent interview with the Korean media outlet TV Report. "I thought about a kid who just left his mother's arms to step out into the world. But that didn't work very well. Then I had to involve him in a three-way romance but that wasn't easy. It didn't work the way I wanted it to."

In "Pinocchio" he lost Park Shin Hye's character to the one played by Lee Jong Suk.
"I lost at romance in the beginning and his mother was a bad woman too so I didn't know what to do. I couldn't show everything I had. Still it was a good ending."

He may not have been pleased with his portrayal of Bum Jo but viewers appreciated his performance and his name was soon a hot topic in search engines.
"I think my name in the news was something new. It was a lot of news compared to what I had done," said the model-turned actor.

The fans support encouraged him and gave him energy.
"I act because I want to. I want to act until I am acknowledged. I want to be better than anyone else. I work for that. Being an actor gets better when you are loved. I began work as an actor so I have to shoot for first place one day."
He did say that filming "Pinocchio" was a lot of fun. Sometimes it was too much fun. It was too tempting for him to joke around with Lee Jong Suk, Park Shin Hye and Lee Yoo Bi. That resulted in a lot of bad takes or NGs and some scolding from the director.

"When the four of us got together, we had to rehearse but we were busy laughing and talking especially Jong Suk and Yoo Bi," he said. "Jong Suk would lose it if Yoo Bi seemed funny and we had 10 NGs. We just started laughing as soon as we met each other's eyes. Park Shin Hye and I don't break down that easily but we couldn't help it when Jong Suk and Yoo Bi wouldn't stop laughing."

Kim Young Kwang has been acting for seven years since he debuted in "Worlds Within." His last drama was "Nine Plus Boys," in which he acted the part of a former player who is having a hard time convincing a girl he sincerely loves her. His next drama role will be in Dr. Mo Clinic." His co-star in that drama will be 2NE1's Sandara Park.

source: www.kdramastars.com/articles/71678/20150...-seo-bum-jo.htm ;
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, LukaforLove, Maris, librajapan, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 2 months ago #115078

• LukaforLove
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 922
Awww, It's always like that, the lead guy gets the girl. When Heirs was airing, I did like LMH and PSH tandem in the beginning part of the show, but then KWB was scene stealer and I just had to root for Young Do and Eun Sang because of their unexplained chemistry lol. With Kim Young Kwang and the character he was portraying Bum Jo, I didn't see any chemistry between Inha and him, it was more like brotherly. I'm sure there's someone out there (actress) that would connect with Kim Young Kwang, I just don't see SH as that person.

I wonder if they run screen test first before finalizing the cast when making tv series in Korea or do actors get to audition for their role. Because I feel like they just sign up whoever they think is currently popular and who can bring them money, without doing a screen test if these actors are suitable together. They go straight to script reading. Like I was watching spy but ditched the show now because they killed off the character of the North Korean spy (Choi Yoo-Ra). I thought she and Kim Jae Joong had better chemistry than his leading lady, and it wasn't just me who thinks the same (sorry I'm venting a bit hehehe).

So, sorry Bum Jo better luck next time!
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by LukaforLove.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Maris, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 2 months ago #115095

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
image_2015-02-02-2.jpg

between shinhye,yubi & soojin (his nineplusboys partner) youngkwang picked shinhye as closest to his ideal type

cr: khjpearl .

My Note: yet another new admirer of Shinhye.......if we can become that without even meeting her, it should not be surprising to see it happen to someone who gets to interact with her for some months.

Luka.....I think the chemistry between Inha and his character in romantic sense was not evident because that's how it was written. Dalpo and Inha's relationship was built strongly and enacted too brilliantly for only one possible and logical outcome .......to see them end up together......there was no confusion in the mind of the writer or director where these characters were headed....hence the audience too did not experience that lain of feeling bad for the second lead in the triangle....

Missing Eve!.......hope she is having a wonderful and relaxing time.
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, LukaforLove, librajapan, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 2 months ago #115109

• LukaforLove
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 922
@Maris I definitely agree with u on that one, but if some higher ups were to make a another drama with him and SH as lead couple, I think their chemistry would still be off. I don't know maybe it's just me...or maybe he still hasn't unleash that charisma that would make me fall for him. :shy: I like his bum Jo character and the mother and son team up, when I thought she was nice :dry:

Like how I felt with LJS, Tbh I didn't know the guy, I heard his name here and there but never paid attention nor bothered to Google him, cus he wasn't really my type hehehe. So
At the beginning of Pinocchio I felt like LJS and SH's chemistry were weak, but I was so wrong...it just blossomed as they get into their characters..and it's because their acting and the material were so good that I immediately fallen inlove with the pairing.

And another odd couple that surprised me was so ji sub and Kim ji won. I thought it would be weird to pair them up because of the age gap... they were surprisingly cute together in their web drama.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, Maris, narjess89, Jenzzy

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 2 months ago #115117

• Maris
Luka......I get what you are saying about young kwang's on screen presence because I felt that too until I saw his acting at the end of the drama in the last episodes. He can act! If given a well written role in a good plot ......you never know that he might pull it off. Still, the type of charismatic , intense presence that I personally have felt when paired with Shinhye has been that of Kim Woo Bin.......I strongly feel they would be great together in done well written melodrama with action and good plot and obviously romance too......

LJS, I have fallen in love with after this drama for his sweet, sincere, honest, soul AND his appreciation and paise for Shinhye. I feel bad for his low and sad states that he finds himself in.....ShinHye's company with her vibrant outgoing personality should do wonders for him.

I have to see SJS and KJW after your praise....will get back to you afterwards! :)

Narjess, my lil friend......how are you? Busy.....making the video for Shinhye's birthday? It will be awesome knowing your talent with that ...:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, librajapan, Jenzzy, irene_xxvi

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 2 months ago #115139

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Now why do you say Shin Hye that no one likes you coz you are close to guys? I am sure there are many Kim Young Kwang out there.....hmm i wanted him in Pinocchio but as sis @maris said....from the start it was predestined that Dal Po and In Ha would end up together.....i always have this thing with the second lead :)

B84c4cnIAAAyy45.jpg

We miss you sis @eve especially in this thread.....please come back soon :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, kimloveeun, librajapan, irene_xxvi

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 2 months ago #115140

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
From our PSH and LJS FB page update.....

Missing Pinocchio so much!
Waiting to see our Darling couple in their new CF....
For more pictures and updates of Park Shin Hye join our forum at www.park-shin-hye.com and
Follow us on twitter.com/ThePSHIC
and instagram.com/thepshic
Great day ahead everyone.

pizap.com14228407947121.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, kimloveeun, librajapan, irene_xxvi

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 2 months ago #115146

• Haive
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 1108
Jenzzy wrote:
Now why do you say Shin Hye that no one likes you coz you are close to guys? I am sure there are many Kim Young Kwang out there.....hmm i wanted him in Pinocchio but as sis @maris said....from the start it was predestined that Dal Po and In Ha would end up together.....i always have this thing with the second lead :)

B84c4cnIAAAyy45.jpg

We miss you sis @eve especially in this thread.....please come back soon :)

I think Kim Young Kwang can make it big if he'll be partnered again with Park Shin Hye....very sure he will be the most wanted partner in the next generation....coz whoever will be partner with our Shin Hye... it shines in the middle of the galaxy...hehehe
The following user(s) said Thank You: purplecharm09, Maris, Jenzzy, irene_xxvi

2014 (SBS) Pinocchio '피노키오' 9 years 2 months ago #115186

• Maris

Lee Jong Suk, "So far, Park Shin Hye and I have the best chemistry."

image_2015-02-03-3.jpg

- We heard that you and your partner Park Shin Hye have very natural skinship with each other.

"When a pretty person is so lovely, you naturally reach out to touch them. During filming, I hear that I tend to have a lot of skinship with people I act along with, I thought to myself that ‘I should be careful.’ But I’m just being honest, if the person is pretty, I say they’re pretty, I will tell them that ‘You look a little bloated’ sometimes too. Skinship is just something that’s very natural for me."

- The 'Bread Kiss Scene' between you and Park Shin Hye was a hot issue. Since it was shot early in the morning, wasn’t it embarrassing?

"Since it was an imagination scene, it did not have any significant meaning. The director wanted the scene to be more loving so he told us to lean slowly towards each other. Because it was a melodramatic scene that appeared early in the drama, our faces got really red. After that scene, we were able to kiss the remaining kiss scenes comfortably."

- You had great chemistry with Park Shin Hye this time. Among the actress you’ve worked with, Park Se Young from “School 2014,” Lee Bo Young from “I Can Hear Your Voice,” and Jin Se Yeon from “Doctor Stranger,” who did you have the best chemistry with so far?

"Everyone was great, but the chemistry between Park Shin Hye and I was especially good. When I’m tired and unable to focus, I would depend on Shin Hye and she would help me out a lot. Bo Young Nuna is a very affectionate nuna, when she won the Daesang award, I really choked up then."

© SOURCE

Cr: pienocchio
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, kimloveeun, librajapan, Jenzzy
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 1.228 seconds