Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스'

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146333

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
.... thank you @salien and @alou68
:heartsh:

got what you mean... specially since we love and support Park Shin Hye...we want others to watch and like her and in her dramas / movies too. Let's drum up our excitement here and in other sites. :luvluv:

....not sure how the ratings in Korea are ... all I know.. fans who watch also play a part in the success of the ratings be it about the script, the actors/actresses in the dramas or the storyline. I watch Korean dramas primarily because of the story. Even with the current DOTS drama .... even if the actor is my first love... if the drama is not entertaining and pique my interest.. I don't watch. But since this drama is interesting, in familiar settings, conversations are witty and characters charming and hateful, suspense, relationships, interactions are all in a package. :blush:

mianhe for the off-topic...
here are the adorbs boys for Shinhye at the Doctors drama ;)

Kim Min Suk, Park Shin Hye and Ji-Soo
:shy:
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by nu2me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiki22, Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146338

• Selien
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 140
Alou68 wrote:
Hello again...
I dont know exactly how the korean people rates the drama..Of course good story is one plus the actors are one of the factors to make the drama succesful.Im from the Philippines..In my country Coco Martin is the Drama King if he has drama the rival network is afraid to compete with him because that his territory and even some loveteams they dominates the primetime..In korean it doest matter who the actors is as long as the story is appealing to the viewing public Is that what you mean?So we have to see hoping that it will be good..be positive guys

I wasn't talking about "Korean and their viewing ". If you read my comment once again. I clearly wrote and 'emphasize' more on International audience. Inter peops finds medical plots boring. You can check history of past medical dramas.I'm kinda not much worried about ratings of Doctors in Korea. I think it will do fine in Korea ratings wise. What i was talking about was "International fans ". Just look at some of those Dramas which had low ratings in Korea ....but... it did well and was loved by Inter audience and that DOES matter. Korean netizens always rants/complains about idols acting in dramas... but.... still awesome writer/ director tag those popular idols in their dramas ! why ??? Simple....marketing strategy...

Of course who knows !!. Doctors may be one of the most popular drama of 2016. Let's forget about DOTS here...shall we LOL. What i really mean is among popular drama of 2016 and i'm hella positive here. Drama hasn't started so we can't predict anything. What i wrote was my concerned and of course my POV. And i don't go around writing all this everywhere....there are enough haters and trolls complaining about this drama and actors cast. I'm fine with actors cast for this drama. I watched Kim Raewon's Sunflower few days ago and maan he was amazing. :)

Anyway Doctors fighting ! :pray: :pray: :pray: :)
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Selien.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146344

• Kiki22
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 952
I believe everyone is just being cautious about their views on this drama. I have heard all the negative views regarding KRW - he is too old, not gorgeous enough etc etc. But he can act, we can't complain about that since we didn't want a flower boy or an idol! The PD is new, great we don't know what to expect then. I can't stand the sight of DOTS but I don't go to their websites to trash it. It is so unrealistic I don't know where to begin but it is popular so why not. Every ones taste is different we just have to hope the best for Shin Hye. For a project to be successful it has to have all the ingredients - good storyline, well-acted cast, a lot of backing from the media/fans and loads of luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham, Maris, Jenzzy, klebis

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146354

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
image-310.jpeg

Fan Art Credit to the owner

My Note

Hullo everyone! :)

Thanks for the input.
There are so many thoughts running in our minds.
It's bound to happen with many things in play.....
How will Shinhye be received by the viewers as Hye-Jung?
Will she further solidify her position as a good actress?
What will be the interplay of relationship between her character and the rest?
How will the drama fare in ratings in her time slot and with others .....
so on and so forth

I recently started watching "High Society" ...just to get the feel of this writer's style.....After halfway through I feel that it's definitely not the typical romantic comedy but one needs to watch it on its own. It showcases the relationship dynamics .....frailties and strengths of human nature as tested by events in real settings.
I think this writer does that well.

As far as rating is considered.....It will do well if this drama caters to all ages and...
mixes the popular aspects of the K-drama with the serious elements of the subject matter .....
....no matter how well written, witty or thought provoking.
In this regard the popular selection of the cast is a step in the right direction.
Maximum audience needs to be attracted to watch at least first few episodes ....
before being compelled to watch the whole .

I will be approaching "Doctors" with a blank slate....
Feel that would be the best way to enjoy what's ahead.
This will not be like any of Shinhye's previous dramas in more ways than one...
I have decided not to overthink or over analyze because then one tends to develop expectations.
I like the cast and the basic premise AND needless to say ....Shinhye act as a gangster transforming into a Doctor........
so I will stop further discussions on this drama and just look forward to June 20th. :)

Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, Verba_, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146356

• Kiki22
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 952

cr: as tagged

I'm getting strong OTP vibes... :heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, BluenB

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146357

• Maris
image-322.jpeg

My Note

Well.....Doctors home page appears on one of the sites where one can watch the drama..... Somehow makes it seem real and near. :)
One interesting thing to note is that it says 20 episodes. Does a mini serial have 20 episodes or 16?

Kiki.....love the fan arts. Yes they do look good together. Thanks to the creativity of fans we get to see and enjoy them on one plane...and at the same time anticipate their chemistry. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, verfir, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146360

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Interesting views.... love to read them... thank you guys !

Since this topic is about the SBS upcoming drama, Doctors... mianhe for mentioning Decendants of the Sun here... Regardless of how ppl watch Korean dramas and preferences.... it is just sad to read negatives from SH fans about dots.... anyways everyone is entitled to their own views...
Moving on... ;)

:-V
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiki22, Maris, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146373

• Maris

2016.04.11 KimRaeWon & Park Shin Hye to star in a new drama Doctors via arirang

youtu.be/EL1CULxCPcY

Credit to the uploader

AND Also on Viki below..

www.viki.com/videos/1101143v-park-shin-h...ct&utm_term=1101143v

My Note

Hullo everyone !

Waking early on a Snowy, cold morning here! White in Month of spring. Although milder winters but snow makes an appearance in beginning spring. Plants seem to be totally confused as to wether come out from their hibernation.
Same in your city, Eve?

But....something to warm up.....by watching the video above...
It does generate excitement so that one looks forward to June 20th
Only 16 episodes since it's a mini series.

As long as it's well done....after all Page Turner did it in 3 episodes
I do feel KHR ( Pinocchio) is the writer for whom I can watch a drama more than any other well known ones.....
Another good thing is that Ji Soo came up with another great performance in PT after sassy go go. Hence, happy that he will be in Doctors too. Definitely....a young actor with bright future. Will enjoy seeing Hye Jung crushing after him :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146402

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
Hmmm....seem more confused than ever. Some articles say Kim Rae Won is just her mentor but this video from Arirang indicate otherwise, like a romance between the two. Just makes me want to watch it right away just to satisfy my curiosity. Now I can't wait....June...June...June hurry and get here! :pray:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, Maris, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146408

• Maris
image-337.jpeg

Ctto

My Note

Yummiejeu ....thought exactly like you and went one step ahead. :)

My thoughts.....
You may call it wishful thinking or not but I do think KRW will be mentor with either SH's character ending with him or with the second lead Yoon Kun Sang's character...who happens to like her too.
But, definitely there will be love lines with both...
The blogger cum neurosurgeon will have a crush on her too.
The above three when they are all surgeons.

Shinhye as a gangster/ student will crush on Ji Soo's character...

The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, yummiejeu
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds