Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kim Hyun Joong (김현중)

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 13 years 4 months ago #29615

• elankham
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 28784
Kim Hyun-joong said, "Romantic acting makes my toes and fingers shrink... I want to do some tough guy roles"

photo142872.jpg

"If I cared about the viewers rating, I would've done big dramss. I was really ok with my dramas".

'Naughty Kiss', which ended last October, was a total failure viewers rating-wise. Even though it recorded 8 million viewers for YouTube special version, TV version ended quietly.

Compare to the careful question, Kim Hyun-joong's answer was cool. “Everybody near me asked that I was okay, but I was really okay. I was because it wasn't the worst viewers rated drama. I told people that all I have to do is go up now.”

Kim Hyun-joong confessed that he also learned responsibility as an actor from this drama. “I learned how hard it was to lead a drama by oneself. I don't regret my work since I did my best. I love to have high viewers rating but I don't cling to it. I rather try to do a drama that I can proudly show to my son/daughter later in my life. 'Naughty Kiss' will be one of them.”

He also revealed his thoughts about classic mellow or action drama/movie. “Yoon Ji-ho from 'Boys over Flowers' or Baek Seung-jo from 'Naughty Kiss' are totally different character from me. Their lines are so cheesy. I think they were cheesy because those two dramas were school-based dramas. I want to do some other types of character for next drama. Someone who likes to yell and full of testosterone.”

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean ) via www. hancinema.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: betsy, gailnav

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 13 years 3 months ago #31084

• elankham
  • Administrator
Sis Gail,
Thanks for loading and sharing.:-V
KHJ really popular huh!!! He's been interviewed by CNN and also do performance during ASIA sport in Ghuangzhao recently right?
He is also a big winner of 5th Innolife Award last year. :OMG
Like YAB, the MK's rating also not so good but the drama really popular among netizens. :bingo:
Anyway enjoy the bts, he is so so HOT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gailnav

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 13 years 3 months ago #31086

• connies
  • Gold Star
  • "Like me. Hate me. I am just being me.. :)
  • Thank you received: 949
i already finished watching this drama and for me this is the #2 drama that i like the most.

i'm just wondering if park shin hye will be the oh ha ni will he be very happy? will they be comfortable to each other? will they be joking and laughing around? hmmmm :dry: :dry:

but over all i like the drama promise.! :-V :lol:

Haters don't really hate you, instead they hate themselves. Because you are the reflection of what they wish to be.. ;)
Geun♥Shin forever

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 13 years 3 months ago #31093

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
  • One For All, All For One.
  • Thank you received: 4777
Yes sis elana KHJ is popular because he's been SS501's leader and he has been Yoon Ji Hoo, I mean he's one talented guy
and he's quite charming too!! I like him also, he's next to Sukkie in my heart hehe. :wahaha

@Connies: If Shin Hye would be Oh Ha Ni she could've perform the role well, and I think they would be comfortable with
each other since they've done a CF before. They are also suited for each other omo hehe. :shy:
Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, monomi

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 13 years 3 months ago #31898

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
Kim Hyun Joong Won 3 Awards at Yahoo Buzz Awards, as Asia’s Top Buzz Male Popular Artist (Top prize for Males), Hong Kong’s Top Buzz Korean Artist and Taiwan’s Top Buzz Korean Artist.
Here's Kim Hyun Joong at Yahoo Buzz Awards:

credit:leenongkan2@yt

The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, monomi

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 13 years 3 months ago #31901

• elankham
  • Administrator
Ehhmmmmmmmm.. my pretty boy getting more popular not only in Korea and Japan, but also HK and Taiwan.
Thanks Sis Gail for the video.
He's not only pretty but Hot too...
Hisshh.. why Shin Hye refused acting with him in Playfull Kiss...:cry :cry

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 13 years 3 months ago #31918

• new_dani
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 61
WOW...

OPPA KHJ ....Handsome and cool ....SH..Why not accept the role in "Playful kiss"

If SH with KHJ certainly much envy.

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 13 years 3 months ago #31924

• connies
  • Gold Star
  • "Like me. Hate me. I am just being me.. :)
  • Thank you received: 949
maybe it's because she don't want to have more antis?? :bingo: hehehe

i hope someday they will have a k-drama shin hye and kim hyum joong, it will be more exciting if they will together in a project :wahaha :wahaha :wahaha =X =X :-V

Haters don't really hate you, instead they hate themselves. Because you are the reflection of what they wish to be.. ;)
Geun♥Shin forever

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 13 years 3 months ago #31936

• tata0103
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 1703
i think the reason for shinhye not accepting PK was because she doesn't want to be typecasted as a clueless girl...remember that the PK role is almost similar with her GMN role....

for me, it was a very good decision, i prefer shinhye to tackle varied roles.....

I also look forward to shinhye pairing with KHJ as they look good together in the cf...i think his fans are not that irrational and selfish..
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by tata0103.

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 13 years 3 months ago #31942

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
kim-hyun-joong_090908.jpg

Kim Hyun Joong (born June 6, 1986) is a South Korean actor and singer. He is the leader of popular boyband SS501 and a prominent style icon in Korea, winning multiple icon awards. He gained widespread popularity beyond Asia for his role as Yoon Ji Hoo in the 2009 hit drama series Boys Over Flowers.

Biography:

Debuting as the leader of SS501 in 2005. They also appeared in "Thank You For Waking Me Up" where he was proven to be a heavy sleeper,"Thank You For Raising Me Up" in 2006 and MNet's "Idol World" in 2007, which showed SS501 doing various missions in Japan.

He joined the cast of MBC variety reality show We Got Married on May 11, 2008, with Hwang Bo, who is 6 years his senior. They achieved high popularity acting as a newlywed couple. Due to his appearance on We Got Married, he was cast in the Korean version of Hana Yori Dango as one of the members of the famous F4. Known as the "Lettuce Couple", Hyun Joong and Hwang Bo went on to win MBC's Best Couple Award. The couple made their official exit from We Got Married on December 14, 2008 due to scheduling conflicts presented by Boys Over Flowers.

In the hit drama series, Boys Over Flowers, he plays Yoon Ji Hoo. The series was a huge media and ratings sensation in Korea during its run from January to March 2009, garnering a huge amount of popularity for the entertainer. The series was not only a hit in Korea, but all around Asia as well. This includes Taiwan and the Southeast Asian countries of Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, Nepal amongst others as well as in Japan and in North America where it was released on DVD with English subtitles.

Not long after him and SS501 members released their album "SS501 Collection," where they each sang a solo song, along with being featured in their mini drama music video.

Their Asia Concert Tour began in mid-August 2009 in Seoul at the Olympic Park. They continued their tour in Shanghai, Taipei, Bangkok before returning to returning to Seoul for a closing encore concert. They staged two concerts for the encore closure on the 27th Feb and 28th Feb 2010 respectively.

On September 2009, during promotions in Japan for Boys Over Flowers, Kim Hyun Joong was diagnosed with H1N1.[1] While recovering from H1N1, he could not attend Seoul's International Drama Awards. To accept the award on his behalf, his members of SS501, Heo Young Saeng, Kim Kyu Jong, and Kim Hyung Jun were present for the award show. He recovered from H1N1 and was discharged on September 15, 2009.

On October 23, 2009 Kim Hyun Joong and SS501 released their album "Rebirth," and performed "Love Like This."

He has also been the spokesperson for cosmetics brand, Tony Moly, an established company with numerous branches across Korea and Asia, including Taiwan and Hong Kong. He had since ended his contract with Tony Moly in End September 2010, and he had been chosen to be the Spokesperson for The Face Shop.

In April 2010, he appeared opposite Jung Ryeo Won in the music video for Korean Singer Gummy's new song As A Man (남자라서).

In June 2010, him and his band mates of SS501 released an album titled 'Destination'. Their title song 'Love Ya' was received well, rating high in record sales and online music stores. 'Love Ya' went on to top Music Bank (TV series)'s K-Chart for two weeks. Doing great for two weeks was all they could have though, they soon ended promotions, because of SS501's contract was ending.

On June 19, 2010, he then appeared at a concert in the Philippines along side BEAST

On June 28, 2010, It was officially announced that Kim Hyun Joong officially left DSP Entertainment and signed a contract with Bae Yong Joon's KeyEast Entertainment company.[2]

Kim Hyun Joong is now the leading role of the drama 'Playful Kiss' AKA 'It Started With a Kiss' (Taiwanese version) / 'Itazura na Kiss'(Japanese version) as Baek Seung Jo, who has a stand-offish personality.

He had said at the Playful Kiss press conference, that SS501 will never disband unless you stop buying their album, and that they will make new albums in the future.

Kim Hyun Joong was then invited to the 16th Guangzhou Asian Games as the representative of South Korea and he'll sing "Sunshine Again" with other 3 singers. On the 7th of November, Kim Hyun Joong was interviewed by CNN's Anna Coren due to his success in Playful Kiss. Playful Kiss Special Edition is a big hit on Youtube as it is the first Korean drama to air on Youtube. It's first episode garners 1 million views just in 5 days. This has once again showed that Kim Hyun Joong is a global star.

Filmography:

* 2010: Dream High Cameo
* 2010: Playful Kiss (MBC)

* 2009: Boys Before Flowers (KBS2)
* 2008: Spotlight- (with SS501 Cameo MBC)
* 2008: We Got Married (MBC- Ep 9-38)
* 2007: Hotelier- (with SS501 Cameo Ep 7 TV Arashi)
* 2006: Pi Story- (Voice)
* 2005: Can Love Be Refilled?- (Sitcom KBS2)
* 2005: Nonstop- (Ep 208 MBC)

MV

* 2010 Gummy - As A Man

* 2009 Kim Joon - Jun Be O.K
* 2006 Eru - Black Glasses
* 2005 2Shai - She Laughed

TV Commercials / Advertisements / Model

* Samsung Anycall Blue
* Mighty Mac
* Elite Uniform
* Lotte Milkshake
* Converse
* Samsung Anycall Haptic Pop
* T.I For Men
* NongShim
* Le Coq Sportif
* Samsung Anycall Jet
* Dinamic Kin
* Hotsun Chicken
* Samsung Card
* MVIO
* Basic House
* I'm David
* The Face Shop

DVDs

* 2010 Ready,Action! Spain Photo Book
* 2010 Kim Hyun Joong's "First Love Story DVD"

credit:wikipedia

Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by gailnav.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leigh
Time to create page: 0.689 seconds