Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kim Woo Bin (김우빈)

Kim Woo Bin (김우빈) 10 years 2 months ago #79427

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352

A new generation of Hallyu stars is rapidly replacing the current ones.

Actors Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho, Kim Woo Bin, and Lee Jong Suk are 4 new Hallyu stars that are moving up rapidly. They are replacing the 1st generation of Hallyu stars such as Yonsama Bae Yong Joon. This new generation of Hallyu stars has a fandom that is increasing exponentially at the speed of light. The stars" management of domestic and also international fans proves their global influence.

An entertainment rep stated, "Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo are the leading stars of the first generation of Hallyu stars. Unlike them, Hallyu stars nowadays partake in a variety of projects and activities, and are upgrading their communication with fans by drawing nearer to them. While before stars would have to literally travel to Japan to meet with their fans there, now VOD services and advanced techniques now allow stars to meet with their domestic and international fans via Internet services and SNS.

Fans are growing at lightning speed. The new Hallyu stars are at an advantage in that they are able to meet with their overseas fans in the same environment. Even during Bae Yong Joon”s days of glory, his KBS2 drama “Winter Sonata” aired in Japan, he got a response, and it took him 1 year until he was recognized as a Hallyu star.

However, the situation is different now. The 3 major broadcasting companies are each doing VOD services, meaning they post content immediately on YouTube and various SNS. Dramas and movies that are popular in Korea are made available almost instantly to overseas fans as well. The new Hallyu stars are able to hold their domestic and overseas fan meetings simultaneously, and they”re able to complete their world tour schedules in record time.

Lee Jong Suk will be holding his “2014 Asia Tour Fan Meeting in Shanghai Present” on the 14th. He held his first Japan fan meeting in 2012. In 2013 he went to Taiwan and Hong Kong for fan meetings, and has slowly been climbing up the ladder as the new generation of Hallyu stars. Kim Woo Bin will start his fan meeting in Hong Kong on the 16th, and will travel to Taiwan, Shanghai, and Thailand as well.

SBS” “You Who Came from the Stars” star Kim Soo Hyun will also meet with his fans across 6 different countries starting in March. He will visit Taiwan, China, Japan, Singapore, and other Asian countries. “The Heirs” star Lee Min Ho held his world live tour last year, traveling to Japan, China, and Thailand, for a total of 10 cities. He also held a global tour in Seoul on January 18th.

What”s the difference between the new generation of Hallyu stars and the 1st generation? Past Hallyu stars went with the mysterious concept and avoided being profiled. However, the new Hallyu stars are completely the opposite. They go back and forth from drama to movies, and are not afraid to work on two different projects at the same time.

MBC drama “Moon Embracing the Sun” helped Kim Soo Hyun rise to stardom. Shortly thereafter he appeared in the movies The Thieves and Secretly, Greatly, which were a great success, then went on to make a hit of “You Who Came from the Stars.” Kim Woo Bin appeared in KBS2 drama “School 2013,” SBS “The Heirs,” and the movie Friend 2. He is also currently preparing for his new movie The Technicians. Lee Jong Suk appeared in SBS” “Secret Garden,” KBS2 “School 2013,” and SBS” “I Can Hear Your Voice,” as well as the movie Blood Boiling Youth. He then decided to work on Doctor Stranger, and has been working nonstop. Lee Min Ho recently finished with “The Heirs,” and directly went into his first screen role in “Gangnam Blues.”

Broadcast reps stated, “The actors are adapting to the rapidly changing public”s pace. Also, these new Hallyu stars are in their 20s. They want new experiences, and are able to communicate directly with their fans through social networking services. Besides acting they will pursue singing and dancing, and are multi-talented “players” in the field. So much so, that their popularity is just as great as, if not more than, that of most K-Pop boy groups.”

Photo : Sports Seoul, Trugen, Starhaus
cr: ohkpop
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by nu2me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, mana ^-^

Kim Woo Bin (김우빈) 10 years 2 months ago #79566

• mana ^-^
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 1232
Kim WooBin's fan meeting Sun 16 February in HongKong

1392598456-58.jpg

1392598471-75.jpg

cr:Top Star News

+hoh...sooo handsome :ding:
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by mana ^-^.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, elankham

Kim Woo Bin (김우빈) 10 years 2 months ago #79568

• mana ^-^
  • Gold Star
1392598482-92.jpg

1392598495-57.jpg

cr:Top Star News

Kim Woo Bin (김우빈) 10 years 2 months ago #79569

• mana ^-^
  • Gold Star

Kim Woo Bin (김우빈) 10 years 2 months ago #79570

• mana ^-^
  • Gold Star
:wahaha :wahaha =X
Kim Woo Bin’s Lovecall (?) for Kang Min Hyuk

12548563.jpg

Kim Woo Bin has his eyes on Kang Min Hyuk, not for himself, but for his younger sister.

After appearing in the mega-hit drama The Heirs as classmates, Kang Min Hyuk must’ve done something right to take Kim Woo Bin’s heart, because the actor chose the CN Blue member as the one he would like his younger sister to date, and even get married to.

The reason? Because he’s the most gentle and well-mannered guy, just like his character ‘Yoon Chan Young’ in the drama.

part of an article in MWavw
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me

Kim Woo Bin (김우빈) 10 years 2 months ago #79578

• mana ^-^
  • Gold Star
Kim Woo Bin Mesmerizes 1,700 Fans in Hong Kong
Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Kim Woo Bin successfully held his first fan meeting in Hong Kong.

The actor gathered over 1,700 fans for the fan meeting, which took place on February 16 at the Hong Kong Sunshine City Plaza.

The fan meeting was the kickstart of Kim Woo Bin, The 1st Fanmeeting in Asia, and Kim Woo Bin gathered over 800 fans and numerous reporters at the airport when he arrived.

The fans crowded inside and outside of the building, and Kim Woo Bin opened the stage by lighting candles on the cake that the fans had prepared, celebrating his first fan meeting in Hong Kong. The star also hugged the fans one by one, upon receiving gifts and took a group photo towards the end of the event.

When the tickets for his fan meeting in Taiwan became available that day, they sold out within 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, Kim Woo Bin will be preparing to star in upcoming film The Technicians.

cr.MWave
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me

Kim Woo Bin (김우빈) 10 years 2 months ago #79806

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Kim Woo Bin Answers the Call of the Wild for W Korea Magazine

Actor Kim Woo Bin traveled to the Mojave Desert in the southwest U.S.A. to pose for the latest issue of fashion magazine W Korea (march 2014).

In the pictorial titled “Call of the Wild,” Kim Woo Bin confidently wears a range of vividly printed shirts, including floral (all from Givenchy), as he takes in the sun at Mojave. He also rocks leather in both pants (Givenchy) and jacket form (Burberry Brit), making people wonder how he endured the desert sun so well for the pictorial.

Meanwhile, Kim Woo Bin is currently preparing to film his next project, “The Technicians.”
credits: wkorea mag, soompi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, LukaforLove, mana ^-^

Kim Woo Bin (김우빈) 10 years 2 months ago #79861

• LukaforLove
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 922
I wonder if he would do another drama after filming the movie. I think he can do a main lead now.
Maybe someone would grant our wish, and paired him with Shin Hye again, and this time around he will end up with the girl.

Kim Woo Bin (김우빈) 10 years 2 months ago #79883

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
I think so, he must be one of the leads.. from earlier articles.. one from allkpop...said that KWB and Lee Hyun Woo were confirmed for a heist movie "The Technicians" Woo Bin as the best 'safe cracker'. Hyun Woo as a 'hacker' (hmmm..don't like the sound of it)

Filming will start soon by end of February or early March.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham

Kim Woo Bin (김우빈) 10 years 2 months ago #79884

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
more photos from Kim Woo Bin's W magazine - Korea.
Woobin is delectable, swooshing with charisma :onhot:

The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, mana ^-^, hacci143
Time to create page: 2.191 seconds