Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [LANGUAGE] Korean

[LANGUAGE] Korean 8 years 8 months ago #133184

• aki_lala
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 844
annyeong @nicole...

how bout we start the slangs for seoul itaewon native area. cos i know (from drama) busan area has a diff slangs from seoul isnt it?? how bout in jejudo?

at least.. if we are planning on a trip to Korea, basic greetings and question about where to find cheap food or shopping area to go.. we can use it in korean language.. hahaha!!

(its my dream to go to jeju since my girl drama tho.. but now the dream seems getting farrrrrr :touched :touched :touched )
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicole Park, narjess89, Jenzzy, seirazde

[LANGUAGE] Korean 8 years 8 months ago #133192

• Nicole Park
  • Platinum Star
  • Thank you received: 16059
Some Common Slangs, I knew you knew it already sisters as daebak, OMO, Aigoo. Aegyo and many more

But here some signs/Symblos you encounter in some articles/sentences

ㅋㅋㅋ ("kkk") and ㅎㅎㅎ ("hhh") - Laugh

^o^ | ^-^ Happy face (two raised eyes/eyebrows)

ㅜㅜ | ㅠㅠ | ㅠㅡㅠ Sad/Crying face (vertical lines are tears)

^^; | ^-^; Sweat running down a face-Tired

>//< Shy

^.~ Wink

=_= Sleepy

-_- | ㅡㅡ Serious face or maybe annoyed/bored too

>_< | >ㅁ< | >3< Cute face
but sometimes >|_< used as angry/mad

+_+ -Died

| ㅇ_ㅇ-Surprise

★.★ or *_* - excites

♥.♥ | ♡.♡ Love

ㅎ_ㅎ | ㅋ_ㅋ Cute Face / funny face

1. Geum-sa-bba 금사빠 : A person who falls in love quickly or at first sight.

like " That man is a Geumsabba! " Note: Use this as Adjective-referring to the person, not referring to his attitude.
Wrong: "he always Geumsabba!" Okay?! HAHAHHA

2. Ddo-ra-yi 또라이 : It was once used to express a person who has a mental issue, but nowadays it is used for a person who goes beyond the limits of common sense or basic values. Similar to Crazy.

Like: Im Nicole-do-ra-yi ( crazy Nicole) ㅋㅋ
You can use a ( you shout to her/him) Yah! Ddo ra-yiiii!
Can use as adj. form like She is ddo rayii but note the sentence, if it sounds good in using/speaking it.Its a FUNNY Slang.

3. Hoon-nam 훈남 : 훈훈한 남자. A man who makes women’s heart warm because of his good looking, sweet voice and gentle manner.

4.Huh-dang 허당 : A person who looks perfect but is actually sloppy. We can’t hate this huh-dang character because this character doesn’t know how to hate people sincerely. Just as like Hmmm Krystal in Heirs, she keeps jealous but shes just acting like that.but srsly, shes not like that. Gets? LOL

5. Ut-peu-da 웃프다 : The compound world ‘Ut-peu-da’ . It is used to express the feeling people get when they face a rib-tickling and sad situation together.
Like you have to work hard even in young age and suffer, well that is really ut-peuda!

6. Jin-sang 진상 : A person who throws a fit. It can be a fussy quest over an ex lover.
or can use as if you have many lovers and they fight because of you. :bingo: Those boys are called Jin-sang ! /Stalkers like to see you always, stalk your photos and accounts, tries to blackmail you to get phone number. Sasaeng one

7. Sasaeng- A fan but too obseessed, off limits of being a fan .
like sleeping outside the agenicies room of your idol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, seirazde, aki_lala, patelnitan

[LANGUAGE] Korean 8 years 8 months ago #133193

• seirazde
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5770
Nicole Park wrote:
@seirazde and @narjess @akilala
Back in past i posted here but we got technical problems thast why all were deleted but if you want, lets start in simple things such as SLANGS and GREETINGS!

( To be honest, There are Korean Words that I dont knew the Meaning, honestly, dont know its english, and dont know that , that word exists in Korean language lol, some words i dont know. korean langugae is hard as Korean people, half koreans or native is difficult too.)

(promise me to teach me in english? in chinese & japanese too! (im having that language classes tho)

So which first? Slangs? or polite expressions?
( i think our goal here is to learn SOME korean words only? lol itll be hard if all even me self too)

Lol sis@nicole.. English would be fine but not with Chinese and Japanese hahaha.. How in the world would we know it :lol: BTW whats wrong with your english? It sounds fine.. :)

You started your lectures right away huh... Thank you that was a blast.. :)
Dont push yourself hard if its not possible for you..Ours is just a request though we would be thankul if you continue hehehe...
I know its hard to do a lecture as I myself do a little teaching..
Lets take it easy.. As you said, the language is hard to learn.. :) :heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicole Park, Jenzzy, aki_lala

[LANGUAGE] Korean 8 years 8 months ago #133238

• aki_lala
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 844
5. Ut-peu-da 웃프다 : The compound world ‘Ut-peu-da’ . It is used to express the feeling people get when they face a rib-tickling and sad situation together.
Like you have to work hard even in young age and suffer, well that is really ut-peuda!

komapta sis @nicole... but the above phrase... utpeuda... its different meaning from yeppeuda isnt it?? coz i spell it wrongly just now and then re-read again... hahahah what a shame!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicole Park, Jenzzy
Moderators: Mandy
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds