Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스'

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 4 weeks ago #146279

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644

Main Characters in SBS Drama " Doctors" (Working Title)

image-309.jpeg

image-734.jpg

Ctto

Park Shin-hye as Yoo Hye-jung.....(.YHJ)...
Hye-jung is a helpless gangster who has never lost a fist fightBecause Hye-jung had suffered from abuses in her upbringing, she has a tough personality and ready-to-fight mentality. She was a bully in school with a tough personality and always goes wayward. She had many scars from her childhood and through self-perservation, Hye-jung keeps her heart shut away from other people.

With Ji-hong's help mentoring she undergoes dramatic transformation into a better person and a neurosurgeon by showing the errors of her way.

image-731.jpg

Ctto

Kim Rae-won as Hong Ji-hong...(.HJH)...
Hong Ji-hong is a gifted surgeon well known in the medical profession...with good brains, congeniality and popularity. This makes people and colleagues ave faith and trust in him.
He becomes a mentor to Hye-jung; therefore, she slowly transforms into a doctor through his guidance and help.

image-314.jpeg

Ctto
Yoon Kyun-sang as Jung Yoon Do....(.JYD)...../color]
Yoon Do is the elder son of one of the country's leading conglomerate families. In order to escape from his father's expectations from him to take over the company, he becomes a doctor (neurosurgeon) .He Wishes for a relaxed trouble free life and an exciting love. He falls for the gangster-turned-doctor Hye-jung.

image-311.jpeg

Ctto
Lee Sung-kyung....LSK....Jin Seo-Woo (JSW).
Seo-woo is a former high-school friend of Hye-jung, and a fellow neurosurgeon. Born in a rich family full of doctors, Seo-woo develops a "princess" character. After Hye-Jung seemingly takes away the love of her love and close friends in high school, she is overcome with jealousy and their rivalry continues to their adult careers as doctors.

Kim Min-seok as Choi Kang Ju (CKJ)
Kang Ju is a neurosurgeon who graduated from a top University, and competes with Hye-jung for the title of "Best Neurosurgeon". He is also a popular blogger who writes about the story of Hye-jung's transformation from a gangster to a doctor, and later develops a crush on her.

image-312.jpeg

Ji Soo as Soo Chul......SC.....
Hye-jung's first love, who leaves a big impact on her life.

Kim Young-ae as Hye-jung's Grandmother
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Maris.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, narjess89, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, IntoTheBlue

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 4 weeks ago #146280

• Maris

Park Shin Hye's Male Harem Grows with Addition of Ji Soo, Yoon Kyun Sang, and Kim Min Suk

Ockoala

image-732.jpg

Likely nothing will top IU‘s collection of flower men in the upcoming K-version of Bu Bu Jing Xin (Bobogyungsim: Ryeo), but it’s certainly nice for Park Shin Hye to get up there in the number of gorgeous male actors surrounding her in the next drama. SBS has signed on Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won for neurology medical drama Doctors revolving around a team of neurosurgeons, with Park Shin Hye as the former high school gangster turned neurosurgery resident and Kim Rae Won as her department chief and mentor.

Their age gap doesn’t worry me and a likely romantic love line is par for the course. But in a drama with a strong female lead as is described, K-dramas love to throw more hotties in the mix around the female lead and now there are three more charming eye candy to form a circle around Park Shin Hye. Yoon Kyun Sang will be the second male lead who falls for Park Shin Hye, Ji Soo is Park Shin Hye’s childhood friend who she had a one-sided love for, and Descendants of the Sun cutie Kim Min Suk is another young doctor who has an puppy crush on the female lead.

image-733.jpg

Ummmmm, yeah, this is all good with me. All I have to say is that the casting director for Doctors has incredibly good taste in talented young actors. Once again Park Shin Hye continues to add to her stable of the best or brightest actors in the industry. Seeing hyung Yoon Kyun Sang and broody puppy Ji Soo in the same drama is so going to be whip cream on top of the ice cream.

My Note
Last Edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, IntoTheBlue

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 4 weeks ago #146287

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Maris, thank you for a more clear descriptions of each character :)
Love it even better
:heartsh:

The feeling I get from how this new SBS drama Doctors centers on Shinhye's character story. This is a big challenge for her and how she will execute her role. Her chance to show her acting chops.
:pray: and supporting her throughout the series. fighting !
:luvluv:

:heartsh: :luvluv: :ding:

Loving our exchanges... Sarah, Maris, Yummiejeu, Alou68, DOH, Seirazde, Jenzzy, IntoTheBlue, Klebis, Kiki, Verba and everyone who are as excited as us :blush: :)
Last Edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, IntoTheBlue

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 4 weeks ago #146288

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
Thank you so much sis @eve and @maris for all the updates on Doctors.....
and to all our sisters who tirelessly posts in support of Shin Hye.....Thank you!
I am so looking forward to this drama.....waiting as well for the script reading which i hope will happen soon
Confident that this had been thought of by both Salt and Shin Hye before they said yes....
I know this would be another great drama for her.....fighting!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Have a nice day everyone!

:luvluv: :ding:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Maris, seirazde, IntoTheBlue

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 4 weeks ago #146290

• Maris

Acdg to the article released on YKS's side 4 days ago it was stated that they'll start filming Doctors soon...

sports.donga.com/3/all/20160401…

Via pearl0024

My Note
It's wonderful to see everyone getting excited as casting news and little of story line keeps making the news. By June...I am sure this thread will be busy as a beehive as more and more join us. I hope all will air their views here making this place a fun meeting place. :)
May I convey my thanks for those already a regular here with their post compelling me to drop in just for their posts....Eve, Jenzzy, yummiejeu , klebis, Sarah, Seirazde, into the blue, DOH, Alou68, Kiki, Verba

I will keep adding in the same post as more news about them keep coming. Everyone Do revisit it if you want an updated version every now so often. This way by the time drama starts everything will be on figure tips.
At the moment to put it in s nutshell.... Hye Jung is the central character around which all characters revolve in varying degrees with HJH's character as her mentor who brings about her transformation and two doctors ( JYD, CKJ )falling for her and her first love in Ji-Soo.....HJH's role is not known as yet as far as any love line is concerned

Eve....I was inspired by your post into putting everything in one place regarding the characters and their storyline in relation to each other.

Last Edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, elankham, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, jhen30, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 4 weeks ago #146292

• seirazde
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 5770
Hello everyone :)
To add to our excitement :P
Love these edits...
The leads
1846271637_744f6282.gif

1846271637_a795ab48.jpg

Maybe we shall see more scenes like this :P
1846271637_d4cbc9ba.jpg

YKS and PSH this time.. I forgot YKS role in the the story :blush:
ahh..Thanks to sis@Maris' individual profile for each character
1846271637_3175cc6b.gif

cr:DC
Last Edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by seirazde.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, elankham, Maris, narjess89, Jenzzy, klebis, jhen30, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 4 weeks ago #146305

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
so many write-ups on Ji-Soo

Ji-soo joins Doctors as Park Shin-hye’s first love
by girlfriday | April 6, 2016

Aw, but who would ever get over her first love if it were Ji-soo (Page Turner)? The up-and-comer has been cast in the new SBS medical drama Doctors, where he’ll play a childhood friend with a one-sided love for our sassy heroine Park Shin-hye (which I guess technically makes her his first love). Puppy crush is pretty much Ji-soo’s specialty, since he broke out in Angry Mom as the puppy with a crush on Kim Hee-sun, and then played the puppy with a crush on Jung Eun-ji in Sassy, Go Go, and is scheduled to play the puppy with a crush on IU in Scarlet Heart: Goryeo later this year.

Doctors is about a cynical wayward heroine with a gangster past, who learns to open up to other people and eventually become a good doctor. Park Shin-hye plays the prickly neurosurgeon who carries scars from her youth (ack, does something bad happen to Ji-soo?), and the drama will be about her growth and transformation as she meets a mentor.

Her mentor will be played by Kim Rae-won (Punch), a neurosurgeon and professor who’s warm and kind and loved by all. Lee Sung-kyung (Cheese in the Trap) is up to play the heroine’s rival since their school days; Yoon Kyun-sang (Six Flying Dragons) is considering a role as a chaebol heir who becomes a doctor as an act of rebellion and falls for Park Shin-hye; and Kim Min-seok (Descended From the Sun) will play another neurosurgeon who also has a crush on her. I’m seeing a pattern here.

All we’re told about Ji-soo’s character is that he’ll have a one-sided love for Park Shin-hye in their youth, and he’ll leave a big impact on her. Aieeee, that makes me nervous already. Why does dramaland always insist on breaking this poor boy’s heart?

Doctors follows Jackpot on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in June.
cr: dramabeans Via Star News
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiki22, elankham, narjess89, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, jhen30, sarah.94, IntoTheBlue, yummiejeu

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146322

• Selien
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 140
I hope and pray that rough and tough Hye jung is not only in the past (like 3-4 epi) but she IS in going or continuous epi as well. Also please director/writer of Doctors don't only focus the whole drama in medical stuffs and related to it and so on. Audience may find it boring. And let's be honest here, medical plot is really not a great idea specially if it's for Korean dramas.
No matter how above the sky and high ratings a drama has in Korea...but if it fails to attract the international audience, i don't think the drama is considered as "real" hit... in other words popular.
I'm happy and excited that Shinhye's back on screen also at the same time i'm nervous and worried...
Hope everything goes well. Fighting !! :) :)
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Selien.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, elankham, Maris, Jenzzy, seirazde, klebis, jhen30, sarah.94

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146323

• Selien
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 140
P.S it would be great if starlight angels write supportive message and comments in Shinhye's IG...like we are excited and waiting for Doctors ! All the best for Doctors !......
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, elankham, Maris, seirazde, klebis, jhen30

2016 (SBS) Doctors '닥터스' 8 years 3 weeks ago #146325

• Alou68
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 406
Hello again...
I dont know exactly how the korean people rates the drama..Of course good story is one plus the actors are one of the factors to make the drama succesful.Im from the Philippines..In my country Coco Martin is the Drama King if he has drama the rival network is afraid to compete with him because that his territory and even some loveteams they dominates the primetime..In korean it doest matter who the actors is as long as the story is appealing to the viewing public Is that what you mean?So we have to see hoping that it will be good..be positive guys
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Kiki22, elankham, Maris, seirazde, klebis, jhen30
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.670 seconds