Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Song Joong Ki (송중기)

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 week ago #145592

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Descendants of the Sun....

:luvluv:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, yummiejeu

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 week ago #145600

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Thanks to his role in “Descendants of the Sun,” actor Song Joong Ki’s popularity in China is soaring.

Chinese data and marketing firm VLinkage reported that Song Joong Ki was the No. 1 most searched celebrity in China on March 13, climbing to the top in only a matter of days. On March 8 he ranked at No. 8, jumped to No. 3 on March 9, and has held the No. 1 spot since March 12.

The spike in popularity for Song Joong directly coincides with the massive amount of love “Descendants of the Sun” is receiving in China. The first episode received 30 million views in less than 24 hours after being uploaded to China video platform iQiyi. The drama is so popular, in fact, that the Chinese government has had to issue statements cautioning against overindulgence of Korean dramas, citing cases of domestic violence and divorce as a direct result of the obsession linked to K-dramas.

“Descendants of the Sun” airs every Wednesday and Thursday on KBS2.

Joong-ki's labelmate, Park Bo Gum posted on his twitter with this caption.... :)
“I’m saying I really like hyung a lot. Together with ‘Descendants of the Sun‘ every Wednesday and Thursday.”

Park Bo Gum watches a video of Song Joong Ki on his cell phone, with a content smile on his face. The two actors are both represented by the same agency, Blossom Entertainment.
cr soompi
:heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 week ago #145601

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
[Full Audio] K.Will - Say it! What are you doing? (말해! 뭐해?)
[Descendants Of The Sun OST Part 6]

:luvluv: :imdead:

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 week ago #145602

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
WOW, just WOW... :P still having a wide grin on my face :blush:

she's oblivious of what is gonna happen after... :P she finally said how she feels... ;)

to her embarrashment, Mo Yeon (it was 'broadcast' through the speaker) runs as fast as she can to the control room .. :lol: .. Captan Yoo already heard her confession... melting heart at his smile :side:

gif cr as tagged.
=X

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 week ago #145621

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Junta chief calls on Thais to view 'patriotic' Korean drama
Posted on 17 March 2016 - 06:17pm

BANGKOK: A hit South Korean drama about a gun-toting soldier saving lives in a far away land has won over Thailand's mercurial junta chief, who on Thursday called on citizens to watch the show.

Former army chief turned Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha seized power in a 2014 coup and has often portrayed himself as an officer duty-bound to save Thailand from years of political chaos, even penning two pop songs and commissioning a series of short films to spread his patriotic message.

Now he has urged Thais to watch "Descendants of the Sun", a drama that is winning over scores of viewers in South Korea, China, Japan and beyond.

"What I have seen is that they have inserted a sense of patriotism, sacrifice, obeying orders and being a dutiful citizen," he told delegates at a government function on Thursday morning.
"So please watch it and if anyone wants to make such a drama I will financially sponsor it to make people love government officials, uncorrupted officials and make the Thai people love each other," he added.

The so-called Hallyu (Korean Wave) of TV shows and pop music has conquered most of Asia and, in recent years, found new, devoted fans in the Middle East, Latin America and North Africa.
"Descendants of the Sun" tells the story of an army captain sent on a peacekeeping mission to a distant fictional country, battling shady henchmen to save his love interest.

It has proved particularly popular with Chinese viewers.
Korean dramas normally begin airing before later episodes are filmed to allow for ratings-boosting script adjustments.

But the show's producers recorded "Descendants of the Sun" in its entirety to pass Beijing's strict censorship rules, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported.
It is a tactic that seems to have worked.

On Saturday China's public security ministry issued a tongue-in-cheek posting on the Twitter-like Weibo platform, saying thousands of women were suffering from "Song Joong-Ki Sickness" — a reference to the dashing lead actor.

But Song Joong-ki was Prime Minister Prayut's one criticism of the show who he described as "very good looking with a boyish look".

"In real life a captain must shoulder a lot of burden and would look older," he mused. — AFP
Cr: thesundaydaily

but... but... :side:
:lol: there are a lot of young looking captains serving in the military.. :) Song Joong-Ki was born on September 19, 1985
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by nu2me.

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 week ago #145622

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Song Joong-ki fuels red ginseng's popularity in China
By Lee Hyo-sik

Part quote…
Red ginseng products are once again attracting keen public attention after popular actor Song Joong-ki was seen drinking a red ginseng tonic, produced by the Korea Ginseng Corp. (KGC), in an episode of the KBS TV drama "Descendants of the Sun."

According to many research studies, red ginseng's main remedial effects include strengthening the immune system, stamina and blood circulation. Ginseng's saponin component is known to invigorate the body.
cr: korea times.co.kr
:ding:

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 week ago #145623

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Song Joong-ki in news anchor role (VIDEO)
By Bahk Eun-ji

cr 宋仲基台灣後援會 SJKTW

A video clip featuring Song Joong-ki, in which the popular actor reads out campus news as a news presenter, is going viral.

The program was recorded when he attended Sung Kyun Kwan University in Seoul, during which time he served as a news anchor for the campus broadcaster. He graduated with a bachelor's degree in business administration in 2012.

In the clip, the baby-faced actor delivers news about the school and campus life in a clear and creditable voice.
cr Korea Times
:heartsh:

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 week ago #145624

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Song Joong-Ki News: Korean Actor Shares His Thought on "Descendants of the Sun"
By Lord Justin Castillo- 17 Mar '16 20:59PM
cr: newseveryday.com

Not only does actor Song Joong-ki have acting down, he seems to have mastered the art of modesty, too.

Rather than basking in his renewed stardom, Song on Wednesday attributed his popularity to the novelty of the soldier-doctor couple in the TV series "Descendants of the Sun."

"I think people like the idea of a doctor dating a soldier because it's different," he told reporters at Hyundai Motorstudio in southern Seoul. "Doctors have appeared in many dramas, but a soldier is a relatively uncommon occupation on TV. I think people appreciate that."

Song went as far as to praise the screenplay of "Descendants of the Sun" as "the best he's ever seen."

"I've been wondering a lot lately whether I did the script justice," he said. "Despite having had plenty of time to prepare since the series is entirely pre-produced, I've been seeing a lot of room for improvement in my acting."

Song plays Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin who falls in love with doctor Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) in the KBS 2TV series, which has caused a huge sensation in both South Korea and China where the show is broadcast simultaneously.

Reflecting the show's popularity in China, media reports claimed a Chinese college student had been diagnosed with glaucoma from watching too many Korean dramas.

There have even been reports that Chinese authorities have warned people over "health concerns" stemming from watching too much of the series.

But Song says he's having a hard time believing these news reports.

"I can only guess (at my popularity in China) from media reports and messages from my friends in China," he said. "I don't think greater popularity abroad would make much of a difference in my life. Currently, I'm focusing my efforts on preparing for my next work."

When asked about the scene in which he sneaks a kiss with Kang, Song says it was a result of "hard effort."

"I was worried about whether it would seem genuine, whether viewers would find it believable, and how intense the kiss should be," he said. "Thankfully, the response has been positive, which is a relief for me."

As with any TV series, "Descendants of the Sun" has had its fair share of criticism, with the show being accused of lacking a plot and condoning militarism. But Song advises viewers to hold their thoughts until the end.

"The script isn't just about love between a doctor and a soldier. It's also about love for mankind," he said. "It's why I chose to be on the show.... Criticisms are welcome, but I hope you watch it till the end."

New episodes of "Descendants of the Sun" air every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m.
:luvluv:

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 week ago #145626

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
This video is a must see :) you must have seen something like this played on an advertisement before...

[in a nutshell] 31 years of Song JoongKi in 60sec.

cr Mnet official
:luvluv: :ding: :heartsh:

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 week ago #145627

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
SONG JOONG KI transforms over the years.... still boyish, humble, muy hermoso, a gentleman, very attractive, good-looking and a generous heart... :luvluv:
:imdead:

ahh... when Joong-ki as chul-soo in Werewolf Boy

when he entered the military for his mandatory duty...

oh... I missed this guy for years...when he successfully completed his military training...

when he came back... and made us swoon once more !! for his role as Captain Shi-Jin in "Descendants of the Sun" drama currently airing... :)

:luvluv: :heartsh: :ding: :shy: :imdead: :heartsh:
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds