Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Song Joong Ki (송중기)

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 month ago #145451

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
i wll not be reading anything about DOTS since will be watching once it ends.
Am interested in it because of Song Joong Ki......your "first love", Eve :lol:
He has grown on me to the extent that I wold love Shinhye and him to act as leads in a drama. I somehow cannot forget them sitting together in that award ceremony and skateboarding picture some time back.
After the army service he does look even better and distinctive. His expressions are worth watching!
Thanks for all the posts about him and his projects, Eve
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 month ago #145452

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Descendants of the Sun.... Episode 4. ;)
cr Lollypip

Scenes from this episode... a must see Kdrama :)

While Descended From the Sun isn’t perfect by any means, in my opinion it’s a solid show with a lot to offer, in terms of wonderful characters and intricate, layered relationships. Something I haven’t mentioned yet, that really is one of my favorite things about this show, is the friendship between Shi-jin and Dae-young. I can’t even really call it a bromance because it feels like so much more than that — more like true brotherhood. It’s interesting, since Shi-jin has been Dae-young’s superior since they met, and yet the admiration and respect between the two men feels so mutual and equal. They don’t treat each other as anything but the closest of friends, and the most loyal of brothers. It honestly makes me scared (and gives me flashbacks) that one of them is going to be in some serious danger at one point… this is Dramaland after all.

Speaking of Dae-young, I think he’s an amazing character. He’s so hard to read and so careful about what he lets slip, so when he does reveal some information about himself, it feels like a huge burst of insight. Again, he reminds me of a certain Earnest Bot, who to this day is still one of my favorite drama characters ever. I can see Dae-young becoming the same type of man — deep, loyal, just plain good. I loved how we got to see that see his real purpose for going to his ex’s wedding wasn’t selfish at all, and in fact was probably very painful for him. He knew she still had feelings for him and wanted to keep his promise to make her happy, so the only way he could do that was to set her free for good. That tells me pretty much all I need to know about him as a man, and it’s nothing but positive.

Shi-jin is a much more layered character, and I really appreciate how he’s so honest and open. When he makes a mistake he owns it and apologizes, right away, without excuse or explanation. His dry, sarcastic sense of humor is fun, and he uses it well to diffuse tense situations, for the most part. It’s nice to see Mo-yeon starting to enjoy that facet of his personality. His silly side is cute but he does take it too far at times, and I like that he’s not too big to admit when he screws up. That honesty carries over to serious topics too, and he doesn’t hold back from speaking his mind and his feelings, which is great because we as an audience (and Mo-yeon as his love interest) never have to wonder what he’s thinking. And since she’s much more of a closed book, I think Shi-jin’s tendency to just say things right out will keep drawing her out of her shell.

And she needs it — I see Mo-yeon as the one who has the most to learn and the furthest to grow, regarding herself and life in general. She tends to tell herself lies to comfort herself (like that she became a doctor because of money), yet she’s so transparent to Shi-jin. She makes quick and often wrong decisions, and acts out without thinking. It’s gotten her in trouble at home, and it’s getting her in trouble now in the field. But I like that Shi-jin doesn’t tell her how to be, he just holds up a mirror so that she can see how her behavior affects others. It embarrasses her, and she puts a wall up to protect herself, but hopefully Shi-jin is just the man to help her break that wall down again.

Via Dramabeans
:heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, klebis

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 month ago #145453

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
We are in awe at how fast the subbers come together to translate dialogues in each scenes !!
Pretty impressive! "Descendants from the Sun" is the best drama currently gaining global interest and followers!!!

:shy: tonight we will again gather for a party to watch Descendants.... from episode 1. This drama is so invigorating, interesting, attention getting and the dialogues are amusing and intense! Watch it and get into it .... it is worth your time...... woah a bonus we get to watch it in someone's huge screen ! :blush:

Episode 6... pictures ;)

:luvluv: :ding: :heartsh: :heartsh:

Descendants from the Sun isn't about the war itself... other countries do a better job on that...

Lollypip says it better.....
The benefits of pre-production shine brilliantly here, especially in the fight scenes, where interesting angles and creative lighting add as much to the action as the actual combat. I was especially charmed by the scene which had Shi-jin’s mission and Mo-yeon’s surgery weaving and intertwining with each other, setting off and highlighting how each of them finds themselves battling life and death, though in very different ways. The gorgeous way the two scenes switched back and forth was as beautiful as it was innovative, and it’s my hope that, having had the luxury of time to do it right, we get these sorts of treats throughout the drama.

The chemistry is sparking, the supporting actors are solid, Song Joong-ki is magnetic, and the dialogue is witty.
:luvluv:
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 month ago #145454

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Wow... Gummy sings... for Descendants from The Sun OST

Gummy's 'You are My Everything' snatches #1 in 8 countries!
Cr Allkpop

R&B queen Gummy's "You are My Everything", from drama 'Descendants of the Sun' OST Part 4, is sweeping iTunes K-pop charts in 8 different countries.

On March 12, C-JeS Entertainment relayed that the song had snatched the #1 spot on iTunes K-pop charts in Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Indonesia, and Taiwan as well as top 10 spots in the U.S and Vietnam.

The label also revealed that an English version of "You are My Everything" will hit online soon! The combined power of Gummy, Song Joong Ki, and Song Hye Kyo seems unstoppable!

cr musicnewkorea
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by nu2me.

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 month ago #145475

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Thanks sis @yummiejeu for the video.... Ahn Jae Hyun gave me an impression then as being a gentleman, sweet and manly. Wish they is a translation up... they seem to have similar answers during the interview... it looks fun !
:heartsh:

Song Joong-ki revealed as secret donor

Actor Song Joong-ki has recently been nabbing the spotlight for more than his charismatic performance on popular TV series “Descendants of the Sun.” In a blog post last week, the Korea Childhood Leukemia Foundation revealed that the rising actor has been consistently donating to cancer-stricken children since 2011.

According to the post, over 10 children have received treatments with the funds Song has provided anonymously over the years. Both the foundation and Song’s agency declined to disclose the donation amount.

Actor Song Joong-ki in “Descendants of the Sun" (KBS2)

Song first became involved with the foundation in 2011, the post says, when he participated in a yellow ribbon campaign to raise awareness for pediatric cancer. Song also donated the proceeds from narrating MBC’s “Tears of the Antarctic,” a documentary addressing environmental issues in the South Pole, and 100 million won ($83,000) to UNICEF for Nepalese earthquake victims during his military service, the post said.

Song, 31, who first rose to popularity in 2010 through the historical drama series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal,” is currently starring as special forces Capt. Yoo Shi-jin in “Descendants of the Sun” on KBS2, alongside actress Song Hye-kyo.

By Rumy Doo (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yummiejeu

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 month ago #145492

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
I'm glad that Joong Ki's drama is doing so well. It was a big gamble since it was filmed ahead of time and on different locations. Most dramas were filmed live and they were able to change the director or script if needed but DOTS is done deal, no changes. Fighting!

I always thought what would happen if Shin Hye has taken the female role. Wish she had was in this....Joon Ki and Shin Hye. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 month ago #145495

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
I had that dream... Joongki and Shinhye in this drama :blush: as leads :)

Descendants of the Sun is being released simultaneously in Korea and China. iQiyi has purchased the online rights. A 16-episode KBS2 TV drama series set against the backdrop of military operations in a fictional country (Urk).WOW....Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo leading characters, hit 440 million cumulative views on Chinese online video platform iQiyi. Impressive !!

With the popularity of this drama in China as well...the nation's government on edge. :lol:
....On Saturday (March 12), China's Ministry of Public Security posted a warning against watching Descendants Of The Sun on its official Weibo site.

"An enormous fandom of Korean drama Descendants Of The Sun starring Song Joong Ki has emerged as it began to air in Korea and China. It is easy to see that many have fallen in love with the male lead Song," it said, warning that "watching Korean dramas could be dangerous, and even lead to legal troubles."
source: strait times
=X
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, yummiejeu

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 month ago #145500

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
Thanks sis@nu2me for the tidbit about China's Ministry of Public Security warning. That is funny. I think there was another warning for some other drama but don't remember which one. Was it Pinocchio?

Here is something from an article that is interesting regarding Chinese obsession with Korean drama:
"This nationwide love for Korean dramas such as My Love From the Star, as well as the hit American show House of Cards, has left people like Xu wondering: Where is the love for Chinese TV? But, Xu is no dummy: He acknowledged in the interview that most Chinese television shows are "poorly written and lack creativity."
Even the China Daily acknowledges the overall lack of quality of Chinese television, saying:
"Chinese TV screens are flooded by knock-off and/or poorly made soap operas. Most of the Chinese TV dramas either distort the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression, which is a distortion of history, or blindly copy foreign programs. The lack of good stories has of late resulted in loads of TV series on time travel or fights in the harems of Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) emperors. These, in short, are the bane of Chinese TV productions."

Source: shanghaiist.com/2014/03/03/chinese-obsession-korean-dramas.php
By: Alex Stevens
;)

Some other funny/interesting stories of what a drama can do to the people:
• Another story reported that a 50-year-old Chinese woman suffered a heart attack from late night binge-watching and getting too “emotional” over the storyline.

(This had to do with eating fried chicken in My Love from the Star)
• A couple in Tieling, a northeast Chinese city, reportedly ate themselves sick. They were both admitted to the hospital for pancreatitis.
•In Chongqing, a major city in Southwest China, a woman supposedly dumped her boyfriend after he refused to buy her fried chicken in the middle of the night because he wasn’t as romantic as the show’s leading man.
Source: www.buzzfeed.com/kimberlywang/an-insanel...in-china#.rsaJrJ8XEa

Too funny. Some people make me laugh and wonder what they are thinking by trying to copy what the drama did. Wonder what DOTS (Descendants of the Sun) will do to the people? Wear military uniforms? :lol:
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by yummiejeu.

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 month ago #145508

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
:ohmy: here are some extreme examples .... On watching Korean dramas...

The cumulative views of the TV drama outnumbered those of 2014 SBS hit drama My Love From The Star, Taiwanese newspaper China Times reported on Sunday.

In its Weibo posting warning against the harmful effects of watching Korean dramas, the ministry offered examples of several extreme cases - a couple who divorced due to Korean dramas and a man who went through plastic surgeries to reclaim his wife's heart, who was smitten by the male protagonist of a Korean drama - to illustrate the "potential troubles" faced by those watching Korean dramas.
cr strait times
=X
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, yummiejeu

Song Joong Ki (송중기) 8 years 1 month ago #145534

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
LOL....ha ha this is too funny! :D Saw this article in allkpop.

China tells public to 'Beware of Song Joong Ki'
By yckim124 Cr: allkpop

song-joong-ki-_1458007524_af_org.jpg

The popularity of the drama 'Descendants of the Sun' is so outrageous in China that a public advisory has been made to warn viewers of actor Song Joong Ki.

On March 12, China's public safety Weibo page posted, "Korean drama fans beware! Alert of hidden harm in 'Descendants of the Sun'. Females in Korea and China are love sick from Song Joong Ki. It is leading to a great amount of complaints by males." The post continued, "Watching Korean dramas is more 'dangerous' than you think. You can end up facing lawsuits."

SEE ALSO: People can't help but go 'awwww' at Song Joong Ki's baby pictures

This public advisory might seem exaggerated, but there actually has been serious marriage conflicts and even divorce in China due to jealousy on the husband's part due to their wives' love of Song Joong Ki. Some people have even undergone plastic surgery to look more like the actor.

The continuous rise in popularity of the drama 'Descendants of the Sun' turns Song Joong Ki into a 'dangerous' figure. He even made #1 on China's 'Most Popular Celebrity'.

Song Joong Ki syndrome is spreading fast and wide not only in China, but all over the world. All viewers better watch out and 'Beware of Song Joong Ki'!

People can be so outrageous and take it to the extreme. He's more popular now after his military service than before. Fighting!
Time to create page: 1.286 seconds