Lee Jong Suk (이종석) 8 years 5 months ago #140501

• narjess89
  • Thank you received: 10347
Jong Suk For Marie Claire :luvluv: :luvluv:

vzev.jpg

k_uk.jpg

lio.jpg

bno.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94, yummiejeu

Lee Jong Suk (이종석) 8 years 5 months ago #140521

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
Is it me that thinks this way, or does he look a little tired? Hope he gets plenty of rest before his next drama.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, narjess89, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94

Lee Jong Suk (이종석) 8 years 5 months ago #140522

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
More Marie Claire pics. Note the first picture. Look familiar? That was the outfit he wore in Jong Suk's IG when he mentioned Big feet and sis@Nu2me was wondering about (see page 105). :bingo:

tumblr_nxycz5zmq71sl7awmo7_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nxydcuqiww1sl7awmo1_540.jpg

CUAPQMOUwAA_UMN.jpg
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by yummiejeu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, narjess89, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94

Lee Jong Suk (이종석) 8 years 5 months ago #140529

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
I love the pictures this time :lol: for Marie Claire magazine. For some of his fans that wants to cut his hair :P actually, his hair fits the 'European vibe' like in Paris.

Jongsuk's expressions maybe laid out by the Creative photographer for the magazine. Did he not sleep well before his photoshoot because of time difference? maybe @yummiejeu :)
he has been resting for the longest... he is being missed. :blush: and the rumors that he will appear in Cdrama has not been revealed yet... He always says next year. :P
:heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: narjess89, Jenzzy, klebis, jhen30, sarah.94, yummiejeu

Lee Jong Suk (이종석) 8 years 5 months ago #140535

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2490
Hi sisters forgive me for jumping in... Just got curious about discussions in this forum.
Sis@yummiejeu we may just be reading too much into his facial expressions but i kind of agree with you... He does look bit different compared to previous modelling pics. Tired maybe because of hectic sched? And some sadness? Could it be he's missing her? Is she still in Sydney?
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, klebis, jhen30

Lee Jong Suk (이종석) 8 years 5 months ago #140540

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Hi sis@fgnuva, you were missed :) good to see you back.

Let's see :kiss: hottie Lee Jong Suk in Paris area for his photoshoot...
[Fashion] Lee Jong Suk's clothes and jacket for Marie Claire magazine in their Dec. 2015 issue
Cr: JongStyle via supernad

:huh: must they include him holding a cigarette :pinch:

:luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, klebis, jhen30, sarah.94, yummiejeu

Lee Jong Suk (이종석) 8 years 5 months ago #140541

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
Jongsuk's poses are subdued for Marie Claire ;) concept....
something crossed my mind that if he only get his way.. He will turn to this.... :P ...maybe ;)

OR This way... because he is playful and full of aegyo

Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by nu2me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, jhen30, sarah.94

Lee Jong Suk (이종석) 8 years 5 months ago #140614

• jhen30
  • Platinum Star
  • Thank you received: 9566
Lee Jong Suk wants to fill his 2016 with work
Nov 18, 2015

CUE5R97U8AA4bYN.jpg

Actor Lee Jong Suk recently flew to Paris to film a pictorial for ‘Marie Claire Korea’ magazine, and drew much attention with his good looks smacked against the beautiful backdrop.

Besides the pictorial which saw him decked out in stylish winter wear, Lee Jong Suk also shared on what he has been doing recently, as well as his future plans in an interview.

The drama ‘Pinocchio’ seems to have happened a long time ago, and Lee Jong Suk has since been fulfilling his commercial activities, taking breaks, and reflecting. Although Lee Jong Suk has received a lot of offers, nothing suitable has come up for him.

He also shared that he has been taking acting lessons, and found it really interesting to be taking in lessons with his new friends. He has also been working out daily.

20151117160635_fETwDeqDdA-150x150.jpg

20151117160710_amvidHGaBI-150x150.jpg

20151117160622_BeLvxNJIeq-150x150.jpg

20151117160721_ZPDDqYjERD-150x150.jpg

20151117160819_noBsYsfyNy-150x150.jpg

20151117160754_DzEoewccns-150x150.jpg

20151117160829_JPATDBACRR-150x150.jpg

As for acting, he finds that it has become more and more difficult. Compared to when he just debuted, Lee Jong Suk has become more nervous now. When he is on a break like now, Lee Jong Suk would be taking note of the projects that his same-age peers are doing. He isn’t restricting himself for his next project, and is looking forward to working with sunbaes.

With December on the horizon and being the last month of the year, Lee Jong Suk said, “I hope to have a productive 2016. After resting, I realize that it’s better to be doing lots of projects. I also come to understand that I am someone who cannot take a break. I have lots of thoughts in my mind now, but I want to clear them out, and fill it with projects.”

kpopfighting.com/2015/11/18/lee-jong-suk-wants-to-fill-his-2016-with-work/
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, klebis, sarah.94

Lee Jong Suk (이종석) 8 years 5 months ago #140645

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
Lee Jong Suk’s Taking a Breath (Marie Claire Dec 2015) - Part 1

Source: Marie Claire

After a period of continuous work, Lee Jong Suk is now enjoying everyday life. In the midst of this rest period, he traveled to Paris after the autumn rains.

Lee Jong Suk has always been running. Ever since ‘School 2013′ , the speed of his running has only been picking up through ‘I Hear Your Voice’ all the way to dull-speed dashing in ‘Pinocchio’. Right now, he is taking a breath. A temporary breath since he was afraid he was using up all his energy. However, once he started to truly rest, he immediately started to miss the feeling of putting all his passion into a project.

During this blank period, we met up with Lee Jong Suk while he was in Paris. He wears comfortable long trousers while sitting in coffee shops; his hair has become longer. Lately, when he is flipping through the channels, he would see reruns of his own dramas then marathon the entire series throughout the night. He is still taking classes with students who dream of becoming an actor, exercising every day, passing his days like this. It is through this that he has understood something very important to himself: “I realize now that compared to rest, I would much rather with all my heart. Three months after my rest period began, I’ve been wanting to act so much that I’m going crazy.”

We will most likely see Lee Jong Suk running at full speed again next year. He’s just catching his breath before he starts up again. For the sake of those passionately burning days, he is living an everyday life for now.

MC: How is your trip in Paris?
I actually don’t really like travelling. Usually, when I’m on a trip, I only wake up after noon and start moving quite slowly. However, for this trip, I woke up really early every day. I went to Montmartre and also Eiffel Tower.

MC: You rested for a long time after ‘Pinocchio’.
Yes. I felt like I was dying. (points at chest) Here, all the passion for acting didn’t get to be released. Even yesterday, I watched three episodes of ‘Pinocchio’ back-to-back starting from 4am until the sun rose. I even said the dialogue I remember back then. All this time spent not acting feels like such a waste.

MC: So you didn’t take such a long break on purpose? You’ve done a shocking number of dramas and films before.
At first, my thinking was like this. Generally, actors do not take two dramas a year, so I was wondering if viewers were getting tired of me. I wanted to take a break before coming out again. I wanted to put more thought into my choice of projects and show a new side of my acting. Ever since I debuted, I have always been acting in movies and dramas alternately. Naturally, I would want to do a movie after ‘Pinocchio’. Even if it wasn’t a lead role, I’ve been looking forward to acting with veteran actors, Ah, I had no idea I would just pass the year like this. It’s a shock to me as well. (laugh)

MC: Are there any particular genre you would want to do in your next project?
No matter what it is, if it is an opportunity to work with veteran actors, I would learn a lot from it. That was how it was with ‘The Face Reader’. Since I was a rookie actor then, I would often be more reserved in my acting. Since I didn’t have much experience, there was still a lot lacking in my performance. When I watched ‘The Face Reader’ back then, I was very dissatisfied with the way I acted, to the extent that I found it difficult to watch myself on the screen. I can reveal this now. After that, I improved a lot; I think something in my acting had an awakening after ‘The Face Reader’.

MC: What kind of awakening?
When I stand on the side and watch veteran actor, I will feel the substantial difference with the acting of our ages. It’s totally in a different league. The skills are so different. When veteran actors are doing a scene, I would observe their skills and even the way they breathe… the more I watch, the more I learn. Of course, even if I learn it, I may not be able to present it in the same way. However, as I mimic them, I can get a general idea and direction, right?

MC: For an actor to act, the time he spends not acting are just as important.
Even when I was working nonstop, I make it a point to watch the projects of other actors around my age. Just to learn even one thing more from them. I wanted to know, for people who have lived the same amount of life as I have, how do they express their emotions? I’ll watch it well and then maybe use it somewhere, that’s what I thought. Although I had no breaks between projects, I continued my learning in such a way, making for the parts I am lacking in.

By the way, during this blank period of nearly a year, I somehow can’t think of any particular thing I would like to try next time. It’s almost like, the more I rest, the more I can’t come up with what weapon to use in the next project. While not acting, I didn’t experience much growth or satisfation. This is my biggest concern right now. Before, I would rest for at most a month between projects. Sometimes I even think if I had used up all my spirit on my previous works. When I am flooded with work, I would want to take a break. But now that I have rested for more than three months, I realize I am not the kind of person who can ever stop acting.

MC: Are you still taking acting classes lately?
I take classes with rookie actor friends every week. I also take the acting classes at university. It’s so much fun. At school, I take classes with students who mostly have no acting experience. On a technical level, I might do better than them, but their acting feels good even if they are slightly green. Among the students, there is an exchange student from China; although his (her?) Korean isn’t that fluent, you really feel his emotions purely through his acting. When it’s my turn, I really put my all into it. Everybody is focusing on me a lot.

My pronunciation isn’t great, but I would pronounce every word precisely in class. I even got praised for my pronunciation for the first time in my life! I actually don’t like talking all that much, or perhaps I should say that I am too lazy to speak? Usually, my diction is a bit slurred; even when I’m at home, I don’t like using the phone and prefers texting instead.
MC: It’s not easy being so objective about yourself. Aren’t all stars really used to being praised? You don’t usually see people being so upfront about their shortcomings.

I actually have a strong inferiority complex, especially when it comes to things I really want to do and do well in. Thus, I must look at myself with more objectivity. That’s the only way for me to turn something impossible into something I can do in my own way. Take this example. My voice is not as broad as other actor’s so I can’t really do well in scenes with a lot of shouting. If such a scene comes up in my script, then I will try to approach it with a different method. I will check and monitor my work very closely, watching it again and again. When I watch my scenes repeatedly, at some point the ‘me’ on screen will start to feel like a separate person, then I can truly be objective about my acting.

Trans By: hitoritabi
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, sarah.94

Lee Jong Suk (이종석) 8 years 5 months ago #140647

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
Lee Jong Suk’s Taking a Breath (Marie Claire Dec 2015) - Part 2

Source: Marie Claire

MC: Do you pay effort into your appearance? Most male actors will go the gym for leisure.
I exercise almost every day. During this rest period, I wanted to really train up my body for once, so I even went for bulking up exercises. However, now I feel my body is too broad so I doing it less. I also tried horse-riding and rock-climbing, but gave up both in the end. Riding a horse made my butt hurt more than expected and my fingers got all scratched up after rock-climbing. (laughs)

MC: Actually, I got a bit flustered when I first came in and saw you, since it looks like it’s been some time since you cut your hair.
Well, since there’s nothing particular to cut my hair for, so I didn’t do so. I also had no idea what kind of project I’d be doing next, so I just let it grow long. Maybe I’ll need long hair for my next role.

MC: You could just wear a wig.
That would look weird and unnatural. I still regret not letting my hair grow long for my role in ‘The Face Reader’. (T/N: Er, how about Namsoon which was filmed at the same time…)

MC: Do you think acting gets easier with experience?
No. I feel it gets harder. It’s getting quite serious; I’m more nervous now than I was when I first debuted. Back when I began to act, it wasn’t hard for me to look my acting partner in the eye, but gradually I started escaping for his/her gaze. It was so difficult for me to stare straight into both eyes that I actually started to look at one eye of my partner. The audience can’t really tell through the camera lens but I just focus on his/her right eye… I can’t receive all of the emotions from the other person though.

MC: You’re overthinking it. At your age, you are allowed to be slightly self-possessed and more brash with your actions!
You’re right. Even when I am acting, I can’t act in a direct manner. I go to acting class with Go Kyung Pyo and even when we are acting from the same script, that friend and I have extremely different styles. I would analyze the scene in detail and plan out my movements before beginning; meanwhile, he acts on pure animalistic instinct. I can’t do that. Whenever I see actors with such raw talent, I look up to that. Even now, if my acting exceeds the boundaries I’ve set for myself, even for just a little bit, I would start to blush with embarrassment. I feel so ashamed and frustrated, perhaps it’s because I have such a desire to act well. I will search for the interviews done by sunbae actors; when they talk about their own struggles, it becomes my source of strength. I would think, ‘Ah, so even sunbaes talk about this’.

MC: Have you ever imagined yourself growing old like those sunbaes?
Many times. When I was checking the photos we took in Paris, I saw the creases/wrinkles around my mouth, and it shocked me so much. I thought about it a lot in my hotel room… I think I’m not the type to grow old in a handsome way. I feel like I can’t become a handsome veteran actor with wrinkles.

MC: What are you afraid of? Compared to many actors your age, you’ve taken many more characters that require you to wreck your looks. You’ve done a role with mop hair and another one dressed in old-fashioned, 70s school uniforms.
I picked those roles on purpose. Ever since ‘I Hear Your Voice’, I’ve been terrifed that people will only see me as a ‘rising star’. I wish to become a real actor so i wanted to show them – “I can do it to this extent”. Not only those handsome but superficial roles, I think these ‘image-wrecking roles’ can display my acting potential more clearly.

MC: Is there anything you want to change for the coming year?
I become really awkward when I am with people I don’t know well. Even though I really want to be close with sunbae actors, but once I’m in a place with lots of strangers, my face flushes red and I just want to escape. At award ceremonies that are filled with strangers, I would be asked to give a speech although I’m dying inside. Even before I go on stage, I’m already thinking of how I can convey my thoughts earnestly but concisely, so that I can get off the stage. My speech would be as short as possible, without crossing the line into sounding insincere.

I really want to change now. I want to be able to say hi to my juniors and seniors comfortably, listen to their advice on acting. I want to be able to confide all my troubles in someone, but it’s still not easy. Therefore, I tend to listen to my fans a lot, since they are my source of strength.

MC: No matter what, you should be more comfortable with friends. What’s Lee Jong Suk like when he is with friends?
Hm… I hate the whole push and pull for the bill when I go out for dinner with friends, even as a joke. Even back when I didn’t have money, I would pay for it. Even if I end up with no taxi money. That’s it.

MC: Soon it will be the last month of this year… how will Lee Jong Suk remember year 2015?
I probably won’t. Because there’s nothing to remember. A project to a year is like… if I filmed something that year, I’ll remember that year when I think of the project. I didn’t leave anything behind this year.

MC: You’ll probably become busy next year.
I’ll do many projects next year. After this period of rest, I think it’s only right to work a lot. I am not a person who can rest. When I have a lot of time, it doesn’t mean I am relaxed. Now my head is full of all kinds of thoughts, I want to get rid of them; fill my head with nothing but work.

Trans By: hitoritabi
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, sarah.94
Time to create page: 1.738 seconds