Name: TaecYeon / Ok Taek-Yeon
Hangul: 옥택연
Born: December 27, 1988
Birthplace: South Korea
Height: 185 cm.
Blood Type: AB
Twitter: @taeccool

BIOGRAPHY
Taecyeon was born in Busan, South Korea, but emigrated with his family to Bedford, Massachusetts, where his parents and older sister (Jihyen) still currently reside. Taecyeon himself lived there for seven years, attending Bedford High School where he was an active member of the Chess Club, Jazz Band, JV Soccer Team and the National Honor Society before returning to pursue his career in Korea. Taecyeon was educated at Gel In High School in Seoul and studied Business Administration at Dankook University. He speaks fluent English and Korean.

PREDEBUT
It was his sister Jihyen, who persuaded him to participate in a JYP Entertainment-audition, whose promotion she had noticed when surfing on the internet. After his reluctant agreement to participate, both headed for New York City on his 17th birthday. A week later, he was chosen for the final 35 and finally got the call-back to go to Korea for the further competition. At first, Taecyeon applied to become a model, but the judges suggested him to try to do dancing and singing. He eventually was named one of the dozen finalists (including his future bandmates Lee Junho and Chansung) to compete in the show Superstar Survival, but was the first contestant to leave the show.

MUSIC CAREER
In 2008, he took part in Mnet's Hot Blood Men which follows the extreme training of 13 trainees in order to become a member of the boy band One Day. One Day spawned two boy bands, 2AM and 2PM, of which the latter one Taecyeon became a member of. Six months after Hot Blood was aired on TV, 2PM debuted with their first single "10 Points out of 10 Points" ("10점 만점에 10점") from their first EP Hottest Time of the Day, but it wasn't until their second EP 2:00PM Time For Change which skyrocketed their success in the Korean music industry. So far, 2PM has released two studio albums and three EPs.

SOLO ACTIVITIES
Taecyeon is featured in "Yes I'm In Love" by Bada on her fourth album and Baek Ji-Young's 2009 song "내 귀에 캔디" (My Ear's Candy). He formerly hosted SBS's music show Inkigayo with Wooyoung, and was a permanent cast member on Family Outing 2 before it got canceled.

In 2010, he saw his debut as an actor in the 2010 KBS drama series Cinderella's Sister alongside Moon Geun Young and Chun Jung-myung. His second drama is Dream High, in which he played the role of Jinguk. The drama premiered on January 3, 2011.

On September, 2011 FujiTV announced that Taecyeon was going to become a regular on their Sunday drama “Boku to Star no 99 Nichi“, along with Japanese actor Nishijima Hidetoshi and South Korean actress Kim Tae Hee as the two main characters. This is his first regular role on a Japanese drama. The producer of the drama commented, “We needed someone who can by mysterious and make his presence felt by others at the same time. Outside of his role, Taecyeon is a very polite and bright person, who always manages to create a cheerful atmosphere at the set. He is going to bring a breath of fresh air to the Japanese drama scene.” Taecyeon commented, “It’s my first role in a Japanese drama and I’m really happy to be able to work together with such a wonderful cast and such an amazing staff. I will exert myself to the best of my abilities in order to polish my acting as much as I can.”

MOVIES
Marriage Blue | Gyeolhonjeonya (2013) - Won-Cheol

DRAMA SERIES
Wonderful Days | Cham Joheun Shijul (KBS2 / 2014) - Kang Dong-Hee (Dong-Suk's younger brother)
Who Are You | Hooayoo (tvN / 2013) - Detective Cha Gun-Woo
99 days with the Superstar | Boku to Star no 99 Nichi]] (Fuji TV / 2011) - Tae-Sung
Dream High (KBS2 / 2011) - Jin Gook
Cinderella's Stepsister | Sinderella Eonni (KBS2 / 2010) - Han Jeong-Woo
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, roxie18, Nicole Park, sonia loubaresse, avrylle19, meyergsi, sarah.94, Paris35, Lorrssinz, fgnuva and this user have 2 others thankyou

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 10 months ago #126519

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Woah.... we have Teacyeon since Shinhye's guesting in the variety show, Three Meals a Day
Thank you @Jenzzy
:heartsh:

I believe they co- hosts on a music show.. Mnet Hallyu Dream Concert
Park Shin Hye, Shinee's Minho and 2PM Teacyeon

cr: Mohammed sunbae

cr: PSHIC1
:luvluv:

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 10 months ago #126541

• verfir
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 1679
PSH seems like more comfortable with MinHo (Shinee) than him. I hope after the show, they can get connected. They look great together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Nicole Park, Jenzzy, meyergsi, Paris35, Lorrssinz

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 10 months ago #126546

• Nicole Park
  • Platinum Star
  • Thank you received: 16059
2PM singer Taecyeon to star in Elle interview, photos

May 22, 2015
Kpop Herald

K-pop singer Ok Taec-yeon, from boy group 2PM, will feature in the new issue of Elle Korea magazine.

The fashion magazine released photos of Taecyeon on Friday, a day before its June issue hits the stands.
restmb_jhidxmake-8.jpg
In the interview, Taecyeon talks about his regular appearance in the new TV reality cooking show "Three Meals a Day."

"Three Meals a Day" will feature actress Park Shin-hye in a guest appearance in its second episode, to be broadcast Friday evening.

Taecyeon also talked about his new student life at the prestigious Korea University’s International Business department.

"My identity is now as a graduate school student," said Taecyeon.
restmb_jhidxmake1-3.jpg
The 26-year-old discussed his K-pop activities, reflecting in particular positively on his role in the 2010 TV drama "Cinderella's Sister."

"At that time, there were fewer K-pop singers who were also acting. It was also a time where if you didn't do well, you would be (severely) insulted and reprimanded," said Taecyeon.

Taecyeon also said that male groups Shinhwa and g.o.d -- who were popular during the late 1990s and early 2000s -- had changed the K-pop scene.

The 2PM member talked about marriage in relation to his happily-married parents, as well as recent trips around Europe with them.

The Korean-American singer flew to Vancouver, Canada, for the photoshoot with the fashion magazine.
restmb_jhidxmake2-3.jpg

restmb_jhidxmake3.jpg

restmb_jhidxmake4-2.jpg

restmb_jhidxmake5.jpg

Cr: KpopHerald
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Jenzzy, avrylle19, meyergsi, sarah.94, Paris35, Lorrssinz, fgnuva, Hpouo

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 10 months ago #126555

• nu2me
  • Friends of PSH
  • Thank you received: 44352
Ok Taecyeon reveals his crush for Park Shin Hye
Posted on May 23, 2015, Koreaboo

In a followup interview by tvN from the last episode of “Three Meals”, 2PM’s Ok Taecyeon revealed his crush for Park Shin Hye.

In the last episode of “Three Meals”, it was obvious about Taecyeon’s crush for the actress. While the first episode ended with just her arrival and introduction, the next episode, that was aired on Friday May 22, is expected to show a lot of one-on-one between Taecyeon and Shin Hye.

According to other people, whenever he sees Park Shin Hye, he becomes a different person. Apparently he works harder and goes above and beyond to impress. According to the producers, he was even willing to work with no shoes on in very cold weather.

According to Lee Seo-Jin, “he (Taecyeon) only acts like this when there are female guests on.” causing people to burst out into laughter.

Taecyeon is stated to have said, “I like her. I think I really like her.”

In response, Park Shin Hye complimented the idol, saying that “he is very good at cooking and his personality is very good.”

The producers commented, “It seems very weird to talk about this.”

To this, Taecyeon answered, “Oh really? I guess it is what it is. I like it.” causing more laughter from everyone.
:ding:

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 10 months ago #126558

• Jenzzy
  • Super Moderator
  • Thank you received: 28061
My shipping heart is again beating!
Please don't LOL

i Just like Taecyeaon....
He is so manly.....with nice body!!!
seems like he can protect our Shin Hye in any way :)
just don't mind me heheh

CFtUwLAVAAAjKof.jpg

CFpKUXRWMAAfLIW.jpg

cr DC
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Nicole Park, sonia loubaresse, avrylle19, meyergsi, Paris35, fgnuva, Hpouo, utamihalliday

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 10 months ago #126559

• Nicole Park
  • Platinum Star
I like him since I watch Dream High :)
and being a shipper of 2PM..
Im very excited for their Group Comeback !

We got Yoo Seung Ho as " PLease next co-star of PSH"
Now we also got " Please Taecyeon and PSH in a drama"

Its just she's the Chemistry Queen...
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, laila dee, sonia loubaresse, Jenzzy, avrylle19, Paris35, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 10 months ago #126560

• Nicole Park
  • Platinum Star
Another here////

Taecyeon and 2PM is one of the Lotte Duty Free Models, If any chance, If LDF will ahve again a MV this 2015..
Another reunion for them :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, sonia loubaresse, Jenzzy, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 10 months ago #126607

• laila dee
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 136
I've watch him in Who are you before but at that time time I'm not interested with him. But after 3 meals a day with shin hye I started to search about him..it's shin hye effect lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Nicole Park, sonia loubaresse, Jenzzy, sarah.94, Paris35, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 10 months ago #126614

• sarah.94
  • Platinum Star
  • Thank you received: 7293
[Update][Official] tvN "Three Meals" S2 (Taecyeon) :-V

IMG_20150524_194827.jpg

IMG_20150524_194825.jpg

ctto :heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nu2me, Nicole Park, sonia loubaresse, Jenzzy, avrylle19, Lorrssinz, BadBat, fgnuva, Hpouo
Time to create page: 1.518 seconds