Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 5 months ago #73723

• maeladie
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 482
Wow! looking forward for this movie hope it will push through. I like to see also the different characters from shinhye. Thank you all for all the info.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #75350

• Maris
  • Thank you received: 14644
It seems there might be some substance in the movie news because it seemed to have surfaced in the following Heirs article again

‘The Heirs’ Lee Min Ho & Park Shin Hye & Kim Woo Bin To Go Into Film

Actress Park Shin Hye, who played a daughter of a poor family in "The Heirs," is to play a role in the movie "Sang Yi Won," which is based in the Cho Sun dynasty of Korea and tells a story of the San Yi Wons who make clothes for the king. She is to play the queen in the movie along with actor Han Suk Gyu, who plays the clothing designer, and Go Soo, who is a new genius designer.

© 2013 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

Only relevant part posted. When will they announce it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: nistymaj

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #75351

• Mandy
  • Thank you received: 2038
Oh, but they are NOT in a film TOGETHER right?

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #75399

• Maris
@Mandy: No, they will be in different movies. LMH in an action one in a role the director wrote specifically for him. Shinhye's Sageuk queen's role is yet to be announced or confirmed apart from these two news articles spaces some time apart. KWB's movie is under talks.

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #75419

• Maris

Yoo Yeon-seok cast in another movie (no really)

by girlfriday | December 14, 2013
Dramabeans

Well, when you’re hot, you’re hot.

Remember this movie? Yeah, Yoo Yeon-seok is in it too.

image_2013-12-14-2.jpg

A quick refresher: Tailor is the Joseon-era historical film about geeeeenius royal tailors who only make robes for the royal family. Han Seok-kyu (The Berlin File) is playing the old genius and Go Soo (Empire of Gold) is playing the new genius who challenges him. Pesky young upstart geniuses. Park Shin-hye (Heirs) is set to play the queen, and Yoo Yeon-seok has been cast to play her king.

image_2013-12-14-3.jpg

Get used to this face. I think we’re going to be seeing a lot of it from here on out.

Via Osen

Now that Heirs has ended and though the dust has not settled down, this news seems to be gaining momentum. I think it has to be true.........99.9 % in my eyes. Do hope its a good role. All I know is that Shinhye will make a breathtaking Queen in those beautiful designer clothes.

:)
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elsiec, nistymaj

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #75422

• Maris

'The Tailors' Official Website

sangeuiwon.com/

image_2014-11-04-19.jpg

Director: Lee Won-Suk
Writer:
Producer:
Cinematographer:
Release Date: 2014
Runtime:
Language: Korean

Plot
Depicts the love lives, jealousies and desires of those that work within the Sanguiwon during the Joseon Dynasty period. The Sanguiwon are responsible for the attire worn by royalty.

Dol-Seok (Han Suk-Kyu) is the best master artisan in charge of royal attire. He views set rules as paramount to his job. Kong-Jin (Ko Soo) is a genius like designer, born with dexterity and an excellent sense. He was brought to the palace by nobleman Pan-Soo (Ma Dong-Seok) who first spotted his talent.

The King (Yoo Yeon-Seok) and Queen (Park Shin-Hye) then become embroiled in a critical case because of the royal attire made by Dol-Seok and Kong-Jin.
Notes

Filming begins February, 2014.

Cast
Han Suk-Kyu - Dol-Seok
Ko Soo - Kong-Jin
Park Shin-Hye - queen
Yoo Yeon-Seok - king

Ma Dong-Seok - Pan-Soo
Yoo Yeon-seok cast in another movie (no really)

by girlfriday | December 14, 2013
Dramabeans

Well, when you’re hot, you’re hot.

Remember this movie? Yeah, Yoo Yeon-seok is in it too.

image_2013-12-14-2.jpg

A quick refresher: Tailor is the Joseon-era historical film about geeeeenius royal tailors who only make robes for the royal family. Han Seok-kyu (The Berlin File) is playing the old genius and Go Soo (Empire of Gold) is playing the new genius who challenges him. Pesky young upstart geniuses. Park Shin-hye (Heirs) is set to play the queen, and Yoo Yeon-seok has been cast to play her king.

image_2013-12-14-3.jpg

Get used to this face. I think we’re going to be seeing a lot of it from here on out.

Via Osen

Now that Heirs has ended and though the dust has not settled down, this news seems to be gaining momentum. I think it has to be true.........99.9 % in my eyes. Do hope its a good role. All I know is that Shinhye will make a breathtaking Queen in those beautiful designer clothes.

:)
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Maris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, missmoon, Karenchrstmrks, sonia loubaresse, narjess89

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #75423

• Maris
Go-soo & Park Shin-hye "Sangseowon, positive but nothing is determined"

[OSEN=Jung Eu-jene] Actor Go-soo and actress Park Shin-hye announced that they are positively considering to star in the

image_2013-12-14-4.jpg

image_2013-12-14-5.jpg

Go-soo's agency BH Entertainment said to OSEN on 22nd "It was already once reported. Yes I am considering the film. But nothing is yet decided. I am taking it in positive consideration."

Park Shin-hye's agency S.A.L.T. Entertainment also announced "We are positively considering the film but nothing is yet determined."

Previously one media reported that actor Hang Seok-gyu and Go-soo decided to star in 'Sangseowon' which is about people who make the royal family clothes in Joseon Dynasty.

Meanwhile, Go-soo starred in SBS drama 'Empire of Gold' which ended last month and examining his sequel. Park Shin-hye is currently starring in SBS Wed/Thur drama 'The Heirs' and if she decides to star in this film, it will be her first film since her million seller film 'Miracle in Cell No.7'

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

[Copyright ⓒ 한국 최고의 스포츠 엔터테인먼트 전문 미디어 OSEN(www.osen.co.kr) 제보및 보도자료 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 무단전재 및 재배포 금지]

My note: Thanks to Snowhninpyae at Soompi forum. Once they accept, shooting will start in spring next year. Shinhye's role is that of the Queen. Goo soo's of a genius/exceptional royal tailor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #75424

• Maris
Go-soo & Park Shin-hye "Sangseowon, positive but nothing is determined"
Joan Macdonald

image_2013-12-14-6.jpg

Park Shin Hye looks adorable in a traditional hanbok, so that alone would be enough of a reason to want to see the actress in a historical drama. And fans may soon get the chance. The actress, who many already consider kdrama royalty, may soon be seen on the big screen as a lonely Joseon-era queen.
Currently starring in the SBS drama "The Heirs" with Lee Min Ho, Choi Ji Hyuk and Kim Woo Bin, the actress is considering a royal role in the film "Sang Eui Won," which translates to "royal tailor." That's because the film is about a royal tailor who dazzles the Joseon dynasty rulers with the beautiful clothes he creates.

Since "The Heirs" is also known as "heavy is the head that wears the crown," taking on a role in which Park is an unhappy queen seems like a natural next step.

Actor Go Soo, who recently played the villain Jang Tae Joo in "Empire of Gold," is considering the role of the gifted but free-spirited royal tailor. While the tailor's needle and design skills are impressive, his impulsive personality manages to antagonize the king.

Han Suk Gyu, one of Korea's leading film actors, is said to be considering playing the cold and distant king. Han has appeared in two successful films this year, "Berlin" and "Paparoti." He is best known for his work in "No. 3," "Christmas in August," "Shiri" and "The President's Last Bang."

Park Shin Hye, who previously starred in the dramas "You're Beautiful," "Heartstrings," "Flower Boys Next Door" and the film "Miracle in Cell 7," would play a queen who is unhappy because her husband ignores her. If Park, 23, is married to Han Suk Gyu, 48, there will be quite an age difference between the royal couple. At the time it was probably not that unusual for an older king to marry a queen decades younger than himself. But that would certainly account for the emotional distance between them.

It has been reported that all of the actors considering roles in the film were favorably impressed with the script. But nothing has been confirmed.

Lee Won Suk, who directed "How To Use Guys With Secret Tips," will direct "Sang Eui Won." The same production company responsible for the films "The Chaser" and "Werewolf Boy" will produce the film. Hoping to wrap up casting soon, the production company plans to begin shooting the film in the spring.

Copyright: kdramastars.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, elankham, vertige25, maryjoyce

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #75427

• elsiec
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 267
Maris, thank you for all the post about this movie. I hope PSH agency confirms it soon. Can't wait to see her as a queen!

Do we have any idea if it going to be a drama or a romantic story?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maris

2014 - 상의원 / Sanguiwon / The Royal Tailor 10 years 4 months ago #75429

• Maris
Go Soo and Park Shin-hye courted for historical film
by girlfriday | October 23, 2013

There’s a new sageuk in the works that’s gaining some attention even in its early stages of pre-production for a number of reasons: it’s the latest film being produced by Bidangil, or Silk Road Pictures, of A Werewolf Boy and The Chaser (the terrifying Ha Jung-woo movie, not the drama), and it’s courting Go Soo (Empire of Gold), Park Shin-hye (Heirs), and Han Seok-kyu (Paparotti) to star.

image_2013-12-14-8.jpg

The project technically doesn’t even have a title yet, but it’s going by the equivalent of Tailor or Dressmaker, and it’s a Joseon-era story about the artisans who make the king’s clothes. They’re geeeeenius craftsmen who specifically only make the royal family’s clothing, and it’ll be the story of one master artisan and a young upstart who challenges him. I have to say, I was all enthused about the casting and then the clothing craftsmen premise conjured up images of Jang Ok-jung crossed with Goddess of Fire and I was bored to tears just imagining it. I sincerely hope there’s a better angle this time around.

image_2013-12-14-10.jpg

The actors are still being wooed, but Go Soo is up to star as the genius tailor who has a natural gift for his craft but enjoys his freedom. He plays against the rules to make the king and queen’s clothes when it’s above his pay grade. Han Seok-kyu’s role is the established master, who’s made the royal family’s robes since the last king’s reign. He’s been the best up until now, but he’ll be threatened by Go Soo’s geeeenius in a classic Mozart-Salieri rivalry.

Park Shin-hye is up for the queen’s role, a character described as hiding her vast loneliness caused by the king’s cold temperament. She values artistry
, which sounds like the perfect setup for an affair with a hot artist. Just sayin’. Directing is the PD of Men: An Operating Manual, and once the film locks in a cast, it plans to start shooting next spring.

Credit: Dramabeans

This was posted on 23rd October. Am posting now because it is quite probable that we will hear Shinhye's acceptance in affirmative since the news keep making its appearance. We would have an idea what sort of movie and characters we are going to see. The director and actors are of good repute. Therefore, I do feel that it might be a very good drama for Shinhye to show her mettle as an actress
The following user(s) said Thank You: almontel, elankham, love_geunshin
Moderators: Ellizs, Maris, irene_xxvi
Time to create page: 0.924 seconds