Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kim Hyun Joong (김현중)

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 12 years 11 months ago #51923

• Ellizs
  • Thank you received: 3047
Kim Hyun Joong wins #1 on M! Countdown + other performances

20110616_hyunjoong_youngsaeng_4.jpg

Mnet’s “M! Countdown” is back with another episode of great performances and musical treats.

Besides the usual stages on the show today, 4MEN performed their second title song, while B2ST performed a special goodbye stage. Meanwhile, rookie girl group Leader’s made their debut.

It was a battle between Kim Hyun Joong, F.T. Island, and SECRET for the #1 spot on “M! Countdown” today, and in the end it was Kim Hyun Joong who clinched the win tonight, making him the first SS501 member to win a trophy since each of them begun their individual activities.

Congratulations to Kim Hyun Joong!

1308261388888.png

Credit : Allkpop

for the performances check below ;
www.allkpop.com/2011/06/kim-hyun-joong-w...n-other-performances
Last Edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Ellizs.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: connies

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 12 years 11 months ago #51924

• Ellizs
Gaon releases chart rankings for second week of June!

gaonchartlogo1.jpg

The Gaon Chart is the national chart of South Korea and is intended to be the equivalent of Japan’s Oricon and America’s Billboard charts.

Check out the chart rankings for the second week of June below!

===

Gaon Chart National Digital Singles Ranking

1. Huh Gak - “Please Don’t Forget Me” – 42,499,396 Points

2. SECRET – “Starlight Moonlight” – 42,401,858 Points

3. 4MEN – “To Live At Least Once” – 41,200,192 Points

4. IU – “Hold My Hand” – 31,031,754 Points

5. B2ST – “Fiction” – 28,160,662 Points

6. F.T. Island - “Hello Hello” – 23,677,938 Points

7. 2NE1 – “Lonely” – 22,248,490 Points

8. 4MEN – “I Love You” – 21,797,925 Points

9. B2ST – “On Rainy Days” – 21,602,859 Points

10. Sunny Hill - “Pit-a-pat” – 21,420,416 Points

Gaon Chart National Physical Albums Ranking

2011061613221494275_1.jpg

1. Kim Hyun Joong – “Break Down (EP)”

2. SECRET – “Starlight Moonlight (2nd Single)”

3. 4MEN – “The Artist”

4. Heo Young Saeng - “Let It Go (EP)”

5. B2ST – “Fiction and Fact”

6. F.T Island – “RETURN (EP)”

7. Various Artists – “You’re Beautiful OST Part. 2″

8. Various Artists – “You’re Beautiful OST”

9. Eluphant – “Man On The Earth”

10. Various Artists – “Sungkyunkwan Scandal OST”

Source: Gaon Chart
cr pic : asiae.co.k
shared by : allkpop
The following user(s) said Thank You: gailnav, connies

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 12 years 11 months ago #52019

• Ellizs
Kim Hyun-joong wins No. 1 trophy at “M! CountDown”

2011061710165034307_1.jpg

Kim Hyun-joong at music cable channel Mnet's live TV show "M! CountDown" on June 16, 2011 [KEYEAST]

Singer-actor Kim Hyun-joong has been named a winner music cable channel Mnet’s live music show for the third week of June.

Kim, who recently returned to the local music scene as a solo singer, topped the music chart of TV show “M! CountDown” with his title song “Break Down” from his first mini-album of the same name released early this month.

“Thank you for having faith in me all along, Bae Yong-joon,” said Kim in his acceptance speech yesterday, mentioning the top Hallyu star who is also the largest shareholder of talent agency KEYEAST which Kim belongs to.

The song “Break Down,” which combines the sounds from the electronic brass and synthesizer, is a powerful dance number with a featuring by singer Double K.

Meanwhile, Kim shared his happiness with singer Heo Young-saeng, one of his bandmates to male band SS501, who also kicked off his solo singing career by performing together for the encore stage reserved for the winner of the week.

Other singers that showed up at last evening’s show included BEAST, FTIsland, Secret, Jang Woo-hyuk, Baek Ji-young, Jang Jae-in, N-Train, Sunny Hill, 4Men, Illinit, M to M, Leader’s and 5dolls.

2011061710165034307_2.jpg

Kim Hyun-joong at music cable channel Mnet's live TV show "M! CountDown" on June 16, 2011 [KEYEAST]

Credit : asiae.co.kr
Reporter : Heidi Kim heidikim@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
The following user(s) said Thank You: gailnav

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 12 years 11 months ago #52065

• gailnav
  • Platinum Star
  • One For All, All For One.
  • Thank you received: 4777
Thanks for the updates Ellizs'

Congrats Kim Hyun Joong.. :kiss1:

Keep it up.. Fighting! :bingo:
Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 12 years 11 months ago #52151

• Ellizs
Kim Hyun Joong embarrasses a reporter by revealing he likes pregnant fans at his shows

201106182154361001_1.jpg

Earlier we reported on Kim Hyun Joong’s guerrilla date with KBS 2TV’s “Entertainment Weekly“, and now specific details have emerged.

On the June 18th broadcast, not only did international fans get to meet Kim Hyun Joong, but they were also able to learn more about his charming and humorous eccentricity.

When asked about marriage, Kim Hyun Joong replied, “Before I turn 30, I want to marry, but it’s not possible. I thought I could live like an adult, but I’m actually getting further away from being one.”

Later in the show, Kim Hyun Joong revealed his eccentricity, stating, “When a noona fan say, ‘Hyun Joong, I will marry you’, I’m actually hoping that they find a good man soon and marry him.”

He explained, “When a noona fan comes to the concert pregnant, that is when I feel the warmest,” causing the reporter, Kim Saeng Min, to become embarrassed.

But Kim Hyun Joong laughed it off, telling the reporter, “You’re so frightened.”

Source + Photo: Nate
credit : allkpop

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 12 years 11 months ago #52252

• Ellizs
Kim Hyun-joong, girl group Secret rocks weekend TV shows

2011062012265685789_1.jpg

Kim Hyun-joong (2nd from left) gave an acceptance speech after being named a winner on KBS' live music show "Music Bank" aired on June 17, 2011 [KEYEAST]

Singer-actor Kim Hyun-joong and girl group Secret were named the winners of the televised music programs aired over the weekend.

Kim was the first to rejoice his win, taking first place on Friday’s live music show KBS’ Music Bank” with his dance number “Break Down,” a title track to his first solo mini-album that went on sale on June 7.

This is his second win on a televised music show following his first victory on music cable channel Mnet’s live show “M! CountDown” aired a day ahead.

Kim, after expressing his thanks to his agency and fans in his acceptance speech, then added that he would like to share the honor with Heo Young-saeng, who was one of Kim's bandmates back when they were both active as members to boy group SS501.

Heo, in response, joined Kim for his encore performance, partially following the dance moves to "Break Down." Separately, Heo also performed his own song "Let It Go" on the same show as well.

Meanwhile, leader Jun Hyo-sung of the five-member girl group Secret burst into tears after winning the No. 1 Mutizen Award on SBS’ live music show “Inkigayo” aired on Sunday, with the group's newest song “Starlight Moonlight.," a cheerful dance number themed on nostalgia and featuring melody reminiscent of the 70s.

“Thank you so much for placing us on the No. 1 spot. We thank everyone who have worked for us and will work even harder,” said Jun, expressing thanks to all the staff members including those from their agency.

This is the song’s first win on a TV show and for Secret, their fourth No. 1 hit song on televised programs following “Magic,” “Madonna” and “Shy Boy.”

Secret, which made their first appearance in public in October 2009, is currently preparing for their debut in Japan set for August this year.

Other singers that appeared on both show over the weekend included f(x), BEAST, 4Men, Sunny Hill, Baek Ji-young, FTIsland, 5dolls, RaNia, BOYFRIEND, Jang Jae-in, Jisun, N-Train, BGH to and Young Jee.

2011062012293192576_2.jpg

Girl group Secret [TS Entertainment]

Credit: asiae.co.kr
Reporter: Heidi Kim heidikim@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 12 years 11 months ago #52253

• Ellizs
Kim Hyun Joong talks candidly about his drinking limits

20110620_sohyunlovegame_hyunjoong_1.jpg

Kim Hyun Joong recently guested on SBS Power FM’s “Park So Hyun’s Love Game“, where he candidly discussed his drinking habits.

He confessed, “My drinking limit is about four soju bottles.”

Park So Hyun asked, “What’s a small misunderstanding people have about you?” He answered, “People always ask me, ‘You drink wine or hard liquor, right?’ However, I don’t drink often and when I do, I drink three and a half to four bottles of soju.”

He continued, “Since I debuted at a young age, they told me not to talk about facial hair, first loves, alcohol, and cigarettes. Since I talk about all of these things often now, I guess I’m no longer an idol.”

Listeners commented, “The 26-year-old Hyun Joong’s stories are so honest”, “Him talking about mundane things was new”, and “That’s a lot to drink!”

20110620_sohyunlovegame_hyunjoong_2.jpg

Source: Asia Today via Nate
cr: allkpop

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 12 years 11 months ago #52254

• Ellizs
Kim Hyun Joong Can Drink 4 Bottles of Soju

408866_large.jpg

Kim Hyun Joong appeared on the June 17th episode of SBS Power FM’s “Park So Hyun’s Love Game” and admitted that he can drink up to 4 bottles of soju before becoming completely intoxicated. (In South Korea, the average male will drink roughly about 1~2 bottles of soju before becoming completely inebriated.)

DJ Park So Hyun asked Kim Hyun Joong, “What misconceptions exist about Kim Hyun Joong?”

Kim Hyun Joong answered, “Usually when I am drinking people assume that I drink wine or beer. However I don’t drink often but I can drink between three and a half to four bottles of Soju.”

He continued, “Idols are not allowed to talk about facial hair, first loves, alcohol, and smoking. However seeing that I talk about such things so comfortably, I am not an idol anymore.”

Kim Hyun Joong recently released his first solo album “Break Down” and on different charts he is #1.

Source: NEWSEN
cr: soompi

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 12 years 10 months ago #52307

• connies
  • Gold Star
  • "Like me. Hate me. I am just being me.. :)
  • Thank you received: 949
Article cannot be shown

Haters don't really hate you, instead they hate themselves. Because you are the reflection of what they wish to be.. ;)
Geun♥Shin forever
Last Edit: 12 years 10 months ago by connies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gailnav, Laurabianca

Kim Hyun Joong (김현중) 12 years 10 months ago #52447

• connies
  • Gold Star
  • "Like me. Hate me. I am just being me.. :)
  • Thank you received: 949
Kim Hyun Joong’s “Break Down” is a hot seller

20110608_kim_hyunjoong_breakdown_cover1.jpg

Kim Hyun Joong’s first mini album “Break Down” has achieved sales of 100,000 albums just two weeks after its full release.

The “Kim Hyun Joong syndrome” is in full force at the moment. In a recent official album showcase at Seoul Junggu Janchung Gymnasium, 4,000 fans came to flare his full-fledged solo activities, while his title song “Break Down” quickly became a sensation on the music programs.

On the 22nd, music album sales tracking site, Hanteo Chart, reported that almost 2 weeks after the release, sales for his album rose by 80,000. Adding to the already 20,000+ copies already sold, he has broken the threshold of 100,000 albums sold.

A little over a decade ago, before the advent of digital internet media, 1 million album sales were readily available but album sales are not easy to raise in the current music situation. Additionally, solo artist releases are a bit more difficult in this current idol group market craze. With this in mind, this makes Kim Hyun Joong’s efforts significant and keeps him in company of other idol groups such as TVXQ and Big Bang.

One music official stated, “The burden of Kim Hyun Joong’s solo comeback has paid off as he has a positive impact on the music industry and inspired the music industry to become alive again.”

In August, Kim Hyun Joong plans to start his Asia tour in 9 different locations.

Source: Newsen via Nate
cr: allkpop

Haters don't really hate you, instead they hate themselves. Because you are the reflection of what they wish to be.. ;)
Geun♥Shin forever
Time to create page: 0.794 seconds