Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ok Taecyeon (옥택연)

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #139048

• DOH
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2795
Sorry off topic here.
Sis@jurnoexpat. Watch the movie "The Huntresses" starring Ha Ji Won, Gain (Ju Ji Hoon's GF), Joo Sang Wook, etc.. Action, funny, etc...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, fgnuva, journoexpat

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #139051

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2490
Sis @DOH was Kim Hyun Joong the guy who was with LMH in Boys Over..? I like him he's so nice looking except for that scandal. Oh dear is he really in the DMZ? Oh, oh, oh... I hope and pray he doesn't have to patrol the border... Maybe just cook or clean or do clerical work. Didn't he do a CF with PSH for bottled water?
The following user(s) said Thank You: klebis

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #139053

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
journoexpat wrote:
And I am not really worried about Taec being hurt while serving because he is in a good physical condition and still young, and he has a good head on his shoulder so I know he will excel. If he will be entering in 2017, he will just be 28 or 29 years old ( not his Korean age). Some of the actors entered the military in their 30s or even older thus they are much older than the other conscripts.

My concerns are the fans and entertainment industry. Taec will be gone for at least two years but their group 2PM will have a hiatus of perhaps four to five years as the other younger members will enter the military later. I wonder how the fans will accept them by that time? Are the fans will be able to wait for them considering how fickle the Korean industry is and younger boy idol groups keep debuting every year?

Even recently, some anti-fans called Taec "irrelevant" when he tweeted a message for that girl group who kept falling on their faces during a performance and he tweeted that giving a good performance was good but they should also think about their safety and health. He was accused of tying to get attention. I know 2PM's fame waned a bit in Korea when their company decided to concentrate the group's promotions in Japan but what more if the group will be out of sight for several years? Will the fans wait for them or will the industry still be interested in them?

These are the worries that haunt male entertainers who are at the peak of their careers but need to do their mandatory military duties thus some try to dodge it or even just delay their conscription which is also a danger as citizens will admonish them for it.

Sis@journoexpat, Thanks for your info and your faith in Taec's capabilities. You are right about their popularity and fame waning after the military. It jogged my memory about Taec being outspoken in his twitter once about agencies that don't promote older idol groups or artists and there are more promotions for younger, newer groups/artists. I think Taec has a good head on him because he probably knows the group won't last forever but will support it as long as he can. Probably why he chose to continue his education and got a degree in business instead of acting/theater. Maybe he knows his weakness is acting since he didn't do that many. It's okay with me if he becomes a business man in the future (if he does marry, it'll be better for his future wife...she won't have to put up with him kissing lots of female actresses. :D )

Popularity and fame waning can occur to not just idols, singers. It can also happen to some actors and actresses as they get older. But I will support Shin Hye no matter how old she gets and I want her to have a full and happy life with family by her side. :heartsh:
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by yummiejeu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, klebis, fgnuva, journoexpat, Sagitandra

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #139134

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 1768
Taec and rest of 2PM still in Nagoya. This is his tweet. It was said that Taec jogged until 3am or perhaps went out for a run at 3am? He snapped a photo of this place where a scene from Dream High was shot.

taectweet.jpg

Is he having sleeping problems? Can't imagine him having difficulty getting sleep because there are so many videos of him sleeping everywhere including on a bench presser machine :)
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by journoexpat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, fgnuva, Sagitandra

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #139136

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
yummiejeu wrote:
journoexpat wrote:
And I am not really worried about Taec being hurt while serving because he is in a good physical condition and still young, and he has a good head on his shoulder so I know he will excel. If he will be entering in 2017, he will just be 28 or 29 years old ( not his Korean age). Some of the actors entered the military in their 30s or even older thus they are much older than the other conscripts.

My concerns are the fans and entertainment industry. Taec will be gone for at least two years but their group 2PM will have a hiatus of perhaps four to five years as the other younger members will enter the military later. I wonder how the fans will accept them by that time? Are the fans will be able to wait for them considering how fickle the Korean industry is and younger boy idol groups keep debuting every year?

Even recently, some anti-fans called Taec "irrelevant" when he tweeted a message for that girl group who kept falling on their faces during a performance and he tweeted that giving a good performance was good but they should also think about their safety and health. He was accused of tying to get attention. I know 2PM's fame waned a bit in Korea when their company decided to concentrate the group's promotions in Japan but what more if the group will be out of sight for several years? Will the fans wait for them or will the industry still be interested in them?

These are the worries that haunt male entertainers who are at the peak of their careers but need to do their mandatory military duties thus some try to dodge it or even just delay their conscription which is also a danger as citizens will admonish them for it.

Sis@journoexpat, Thanks for your info and your faith in Taec's capabilities. You are right about their popularity and fame waning after the military. It jogged my memory about Taec being outspoken in his twitter once about agencies that don't promote older idol groups or artists and there are more promotions for younger, newer groups/artists. I think Taec has a good head on him because he probably knows the group won't last forever but will support it as long as he can. Probably why he chose to continue his education and got a degree in business instead of acting/theater. Maybe he knows his weakness is acting since he didn't do that many. It's okay with me if he becomes a business man in the future (if he does marry, it'll be better for his future wife...she won't have to put up with him kissing lots of female actresses. :D )

Popularity and fame waning can occur to not just idols, singers. It can also happen to some actors and actresses as they get older. But I will support Shin Hye no matter how old she gets and I want her to have a full and happy life with family by her side. :heartsh:

I also want Shin Hye to have a full and happy life with Taec and family by her side :) Oops, did I write Taec, sorry force of habit, whenever I think of Shin Hye, I think of Taec and vice versa :whistle:

And thanks Sis@DOH for all your movie recommendations, I will try to see these movies during my free time :)
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by journoexpat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, klebis, fgnuva, DOH

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #139145

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
taecjap.jpg

Taec has lost weight, his face has grown thinner :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: avrylle19, klebis, fgnuva, Sagitandra

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #139147

• avrylle19
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 274
Taecyeon with his Harry Potter glasses. I love Taec wearing glasses but not this kind of round glasses. :D I like the one he wore usually in TMAD show when he woke up..though still uber handsome :luvluv:

ctto

vine.co/v/eYiFLePXY9M
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by avrylle19.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klebis, fgnuva, journoexpat

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #139173

• Sagitandra
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 426
Dear sis @journoexpat I am really sorry for my late reply, I am just busy teaching in uni..*sigh :(, actually I do really need a break for holiday. Oh, thank you for your last post and you always have great and brilliant minds dear sis. Just keep it and I love yours though. Anyway, I just read your post that you want Shinhye to have a full and happy life with Taec and family by her side :). I know it was just a prank. Lol =D I just cannot help smiling after reading that. :) :) Like you said whenever you think of Shinhye, you think of Taec and vice versa. :shy: And for me it means a lot. :luvluv:

Take care wherever you are dear sis. :heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva, journoexpat

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #139175

• Sagitandra
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 426
Dear sis @fgnuva and sis @avrylle19 I am sorry I still cannot fulfill my promise to watch Wonderful Days drama because of my busy schedule in uni :( . But, I will make it when I have free times. :) Thank you for always keeping us updated about WD drama. I really appreciate it. Oh, somehow..I never get bored to say 'I miss TMAD family and our beloved Oksunbong couple' :luvluv:

Have a nice day my sisters. :heartsh:
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Sagitandra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: avrylle19

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #139176

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
Sagitandra wrote:
Dear sis @journoexpat I am really sorry for my late reply, I am just busy teaching in uni..*sigh :(, actually I do really need a break for holiday. Oh, thank you for your last post and you always have great and brilliant minds dear sis. Just keep it and I love yours though. Anyway, I just read your post that you want Shinhye to have a full and happy life with Taec and family by her side :). I know it was just a prank. Lol =D I just cannot help smiling after reading that. :) :) Like you said whenever you think of Shinhye, you think of Taec and vice versa. :shy: And for me it means a lot. :luvluv:

Take care wherever you are dear sis. :heartsh:

Hi Sis@Sagitandra, miss having you here :) Being busy with work is fine as long as you still take time to unwind and of course, spend time with family! I also miss teaching and my former students keep updating me about their thesis and some about their upcoming graduation. But, I bet your students are so lucky to have you as their mentor :heartsh:

Just drop by here whenever you can and you will be rewarded with news and pics of Taec, though the TMAD thread has turned cold a bit but no worries, it will be revived soon :)

Hope you can get that much needed vacation soon but even at home, please have a staycation sharing your favorite food with your favorite people :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, Sagitandra
Time to create page: 0.772 seconds