Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ok Taecyeon (옥택연)

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #136421

• stannis
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 265
Glad you guys are catching up to Wonderful Days. I remember streaming it live on weekends. ahhhh memories.
Anyways, I want to share one of my favorite Taecyeon interviews since I've seen a lot of character evaluation of our bingu in the 3MAD thread. hahaha.

[TRANS] ARENA HOMME+ MARCH 2015 – TAECYEON INTERVIEW
TAECYEON’S CALLUS

No matter how much he jokes around with the staff wearing a sly smile, the moment we go into the photo shoot his eyes change. From reality program “Wild Bunny” in the early 2PM days to the drama “Cinderella’s sister” and the “Three Meals,” the time accumulated creating callus on Taecyeon’s feet.

As the “Three Meals” is resting for the winter season, how have you been spending your time?
- I’ve been busy with my own individual activities and recording 2PM’s Japanese album. With the end of the 4th album Japanese tour, we’re preparing for yet another album.

What is the level of 2PM’s popularity that you feel in Japan?
- To be honest, I couldn’t really feel it first-hand anywhere else aside from our concerts. Unlike Korea, Japan doesn’t have a separate music program for every broadcasting station, so the singers mainly focus their activities on performances.

It’s your 8th year since your début.
- Indeed. We made our début in 2008.

Do you feel that something changes every year? I mean the mental attitude or demeanour towards promotional activities.
- Of course. If I think about the early days… (laugh)

Along with 2PM you’ve done acting, variety, MC’ing. However, what would be your core activity?
- Since I began with 2PM, even if the members don’t say anything, I still think of 2PM the most. Naturally, the individual solo activities are also important, but the reason I could venture into it is 2PM, so I’m really adamant about this.

It seems like you have a silent mutual agreement to keep on with 2PM, amidst your successful individual activities.
- You could say so. The kind of feeling everyone understands without even saying anything?

You speak almost absent-mindedly, even though a lot of things happened during these 8 years. Have you grown to be more comfortable and at ease with it?
- I just have that kind of character. I don’t bother too much about the details. I have never thought things like “I’m a celebrity, so I must do this or that.” So I’m even more comfortable because of that.

What do you mean when you say “I must do this if I am a celebrity?”
- For example, bothering about the fashion, or caring about what other people think. Things like that. However, whether it’s the early days or now, I still think, “Isn’t it better to live in a comfortable way that would suit my life more?”

Are you the type who focuses on himself?
- That’s right. I’m good at finding a comfortable way. When one has an occupation which makes people pay attention to you, there are just as much ideas and propositions on how you should live, as the amount of love you receive. I think the difference is whether you follow these ideas or not. As far as I’m concerned, I try not to follow if possible.

Ever since “Wild Bunny” the unforgettable thing is when you boasted of the shirt a fan gave you. The one that had the caption “For some reason looks dumb, but he’s cool.” (laugh) You were a guy with that kind of character, but I was really surprised when I watched the drama “Cinderella’s Sister.”
- Ai~ why so. (laugh)

The Jungwoo in the drama was really good, though?
- That drama left the biggest amount of regrets for me. After all, it was my first one. When I think about it now, I feel like I had no idea what I was doing back then. I get thoughts like, if I were to do it again, I would do better in this or that part. Back then (Moon) Geunyoung nuna advised me on many things, so I wonder how I would now express the things she advised me about.

Out of all the filmings, which role you felt the most comfortable with?
- It was probably Donghee (“Wonderful Season”). The situation itself in the drama touched my heart. The image of enduring firmly the disadvantageous situation.

You first appeared in the JYP Audition program “Superstar Survival” that was broadcast by SBS in 2006.
- Back then I really didn’t think that I should enter this or that company and become a singer. It was like “Oh? This should be fun?” But I was kicked out after the first episode and it was a bye-bye~. I was going to go back to the United States and keep on with my studies, but I got a call from JYP asking whether I had any thoughts of being a trainee. Thinking that I would have to work hard either way, I just entered the company. Approximately 2 and a half years after that, I debuted with 2PM, and here I am now.

Did you find your talent while preparing for the debut?
- Talent? I’m the kind of person that has no talents.

Do you still think like that even now?
- Even now. I must work hard.

You are acknowledged in various areas, and the seniors praise you. Don’t these kinds of things become the driving force for some other activities?
- Definitely so. However, if you take a look at the bigger picture, the driving force itself eventually came from 2PM, and still it goes with 2PM. If I’m bad at acting or variety, 2PM gets backlashed too. I think it’s right to work hard so that I would do better, and consequently it would positively affect 2PM as well.

All members say so. The affection and responsibility towards 2PM.
- It’s the team with a really big sense of responsibility. That’s us (laugh). Responsibility is the most important thing. For example, it’s like this: “If you can’t take the responsibility for it, don’t even start doing it.”

But aren’t there times when you have to choose when you don’t really know whether you can take the responsibility or not?
- Even so, you need be responsible for the result. It means that when you decide upon your individual activities and later it ends up overlapping with 2PM promotions, you shouldn’t cry when the amount of work grows and it gets hard.

Cold and objective when necessary.
- That’s how we are. “We know it’s hard, but don’t whine.”

Because you’re the one who chose this?
- Indeed. (laughs)

After the “Three Meals” you are probably loved by the middle-aged women too.
- At the end of the last year we went for a tour in the United States, and whenever we went to a Korean restaurant, the ladies would say they saw the “Three Meals” or “Wonderful Season” and liked it a lot.

They say no one expected the “Three Meals” to be this successful?
- When I first started working on the project, I joined it knowing this: farm village, Na Youngsuk PD, Seojinie hyung. (laugh) So, on top of that, even our schedule had it written as “Na PD farm village.” I didn’t even know the name of the program or who was coming to visit.

You must’ve been taken aback during the first filming (laugh).
- It was a total mental breakdown. PD-nim said it was going to be a “cooking program.” I learned that the show was titled the “Three Meals” on the day of filming.

It seems like you’re the only one who emits light in the free format variety.
- I gave out light? *chuckles* Then, it’s a relief.

Will the farm village edition “Three Meals” start again?
- Since Jackson is now expecting babies… We need to go and deliver the goatlings, but there haven’t been any pangs yet… All the field work in Jeongseon starts on April 5th, so I think we will start filming again in spring…

Haha. There is a separate “Law of Nature” I see. The filming set should be very different from other variety programs.
- Sometimes Seojinie hyung and I just spend 6 hours doing nothing. Sometimes we sleep in the midst of all that. There are no such things as “We need to use this for the broadcast, so please have a talk.” I don’t have any talent for variety, so when they don’t ask for anything special, it looks like everything fits me well. If I were to compare the “Three Meals” to a dish, Seojinie hyung is like a steak, Minky and Jackson are spam, and I’m like white rice. If there’s someone who shines, shouldn’t there also be someone who makes that person shine? In the “Three Meals” my role is to make someone shine.

If there’s no rice, there’s no use of the delicacies.
- It’s really nice of you to say so. I think it is necessary to evaluate the things I do coolly and objectively. I can’t be always in the spotlight, but once in a while there comes a chance to be in the centre of attention. I will just always work hard getting ready for it.

yeah..he can be a downer sometimes. My fellow Taec stans always remind him that he's a pillar not just to 2PM but to JYPE as well but yeah, he's too humble...always with the "I won't go solo because I'm not good enough." I don't know if you're aware about this but inside the 2PM fandom, he is one of the most unloved. Taec's a prankster and is very talkative and that's probably why some fans can't and won't take him seriously. 2PM's own fans have so much doubt on his compositions saying why did he get 3 tracks out of 12 when his previous songs are as silly as it gets. There are even some Assembly haters in the fandom. They're quite annoyed about the low ratings, how it's not enough for their taste and how Taec misses a lot of group activities. But guess what? he always proves them wrong. Taec stans always bragged about how much he improved in Assembly and how this can open doors for him in the future. His songs turned out great too and were all performed by the group at their concerts (proud mama moment right there). It's a different feeling watching 2pm singing and performing Taec's own works. 3MAD brought in new fans as well. It was a talk in the fandom how much "okbingu, oktaecyeon, samsisekki" were tagged in instagram photos of their concerts.

He even thinks of himself as the "rice" of the show back in Season 1. awwww. but a lot has changed and he shined more in the 2nd season.

It's funny because me and my fellow Taec stans on twitter are so ambitious and boastful while our fav is just sitting there, being humble as always

source: egle0702.tumblr.com/post/111779525225/tr...-march-2015-taecyeon
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by stannis.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ma-Lang-Zaa, avrylle19, marthcec15, BadBat, fgnuva, Bibinoodle, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #136427

• marthcec15
  • Senior Star
  • Thank you received: 1044
Thank you so much sis stannis for a very informative bits about our dear Taecyeon. Honestly am just a newbie in Korean entertainment , at first I watched dramas then suddenly I saw a preview of ShinHye guesting in 3MAD and it starts my addiction to Taecyeon. Suddenly I watched the first season of 3MAD while waiting for the English sub of episode two of season two, after that I watched his other dramas Who are you, Wonderful Days, Assembly, movie - Marriage Blue. I haven't watched Cinderella sisters fully and Dream high. I searched his interviews and variety guestings on youtube and try to read as much new and old articles about him. I can say that his acting improved in Assembly (so proud of it) eventhough it rated low because the theme was politics. But I'm so glad when I read translated articles about K-netz comments about Assembly praising Taec's acting, I guess that's better than ratings. I think many fans were added to his fandom because of 3MAD, we, as his new fans get to know him better, adore and love him for being himself , no script. Again we're really thankful to you sis stannis and kindly post more about OkChef :shy:
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by marthcec15.
The following user(s) said Thank You: avrylle19, BadBat, fgnuva, stannis

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #136429

• stannis
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 265
I just want to put a disclaimer on what I said earlier because I don't want to be misunderstood by some lurkers here...

Those were observations and my basis were tweets from Hottest that I've been closely watching for the past years. TBH, I'm not much of a fan of 2PM, I just got into them because Taec's in it. You know how being into groups can be very different than supporting a soloist/actor/actress. You can't easily fight favoritism and I'm pretty much guilty about that because I only buy and support everything Taecyeon related. lol. But as I said, "some" really love to downplay Taec and I'm quite bothered by that. I know, I know, so many assumptions but it's an observation that can be also put subjectively. So lurkers/2pm fans, :-V
The following user(s) said Thank You: avrylle19, fgnuva, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #136432

• avrylle19
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 274
hello everybody!

sis@fgnuva you also noticed it on how Taec carried Eddy..I'm so amused with him because the way he carry him as if he's carrying his own child always on his left chest, yeah he's a dotting owner he has his own pee pad... :lol: ..what lacking is a baby bag for Eddy :lol: ...I'm wondering why Taec and PSH are so fond of Eddy :blink: ..I don't want to spazz here :lol: ..
btw I'm on my epi 28 for WD :P ..I'm always looking forward for Taec's scenes and also his twins, I like their bickering :lol

@stannis thank you for sharing that interview of TY..for me I like Taecyeon with or without 2PM...but the other boys are nice ..i even watched WGM of Wooyoungie and Park Se-young 2 weeks ago :lol: and will watch Twenty of Junho, Kim Woo bin and Kang Ha Neul ( the boys from The Heirs) :)..because I think the movie is good

thank you.
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by avrylle19.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #136433

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this forum and have been a silent lurker. I have been a fan of Shin Hye for some time. Because of Shin Hye's appearance in TMAD, I got to know Taecyeon better and I admire him...now a fan of his. He is a down to earth guy and faces his fears. In the beginning, he didn't like animals and now look what happen....he adopted Eddy! :D

Since this is the first time posting, I'm not sure if I got it right in adding in video. Please show me how to insert video from youtube. This is a scene from TMAD where Taec was in the vet and a cat jumped onto his lap. Look at his reaction. :onhot:

Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by yummiejeu. Reason: video

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #136434

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
Since I can't put video, maybe just a picture. Let's see if this works.
Screenshot2015-09-24at12.45.37PM.png

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #136435

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
Now I am going to try to put in another video. Hope it works. :pray:
It's Eddy running in Taec's house. He had this video in his Twitter.

Forget the video. Hopefully this link will work:
twitter.com/taeccool/status/642269245376565248
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by yummiejeu. Reason: video
The following user(s) said Thank You: BadBat, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #136436

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
Just one more last post before I get back to work.

This is what I like about Taec. He's very wise. Family is important. Read this twitter.
twitter.com/taeccool/status/627389463220482048

In case the twitter link don't work then this is what his twitter was linked to:

a9PKXW6_700b_v2.jpg

Also including a pic of his promo of Okcat in Hong Kong.

OkcatpromoHK.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: avrylle19, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #136438

• avrylle19
  • Junior Star
  • Thank you received: 274
I miss Taecyeon!!! :luvluv:

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #136442

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2490
Thanks sis Sagitandra for your post. It was nice and interesting. You're being very candid about your admiration of Taecyeon as many of us have been in this topic. I meant to comment on it the other day but found no time. Yes in many ways our Oksunbong farmer is quite admirable. Thinking of his 8 years in showbiz it's quite interesting he does not seem to carry that star syndrome seen and expected of entertainment celebs. In this way he and PSH are alike. Let's hope they'll continue to think and be that way, not to let success get in their head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds