Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ok Taecyeon (옥택연)

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #137108

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
I know I already posted this in TMAD but since it's about Taec, I guess I better post it in this thread too.
Just one thing that is interesting. Taec learned some technique from Shin Hye. He started to use two hands to cook at the same time ever since Shin Hye's first appearance in TMAD. He used it at 2PM After party when making the ramen for their fans.

The first image is from TMAD when Taec told the Chef that he learned the two hand cooking technique from Shin Hye.
Here is the link to the video:
Credit: Three Meals A Day

ScreenShot2015-10-02at3.47.10PM.png

The second image is from REAL 2PM Hottest After Party for their fans.
Link to video:
Credit: jypentertainment

ScreenShot2015-10-02at3.39.17PM.png

ScreenShot2015-10-02at3.40.28PM.png
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #137110

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
Sis @ Stannis, since you are a treasure trove of information of Taec maybe you can answer some of the questions. :bingo:
  1. I know Taec mentioned about entering the military in 2017. Is that still on schedule? He had surgeries to correct his eye problem and pin taken out of his arm. Is he done with all his surgeries to qualify for the military? It's admirable that he gave up his US citizenship to join the military in Korea. Some celebrities/idols try to get out of the military but he went through great lengths to get into it. :)
  2. Is there any other hobbies that in does beside cooking? I heard he also does wakeboarding and skiing.
  3. Last question...what is Old Boy vs Young Boy? I noticed that in one of 2PM tweets that they went bowling and it was Old Boy vs Young Boy. Who is who? Is Taec any good at bowling?
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #137111

• DOH
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2795
From what I understand 2PM idolises and respect the senior group Shinhwa. They aim to be like them. Shinhwa is a group with good sportmanship, team work & respect for each other for that they are the longest lasting group of 17yrs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #137119

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 1768
Sis@DOH you also know Shinhwa? I am an avid fan of Shinhwa especially Eric Mun, the group's leader. I think he is such an admirable and respectable leader. Shinhwa is the only idol group I follow but now because of Taec, I also like 2PM :)

Taec aspires his group to be like Shinhwa. Shinhwa was able to regroup after more than four years in hiatus due to military service. I hope 2PM will also be able to do so once all of the members are done with their conscription.

Just like Taec, Eric and Andy (Shinhwa's youngest and mentor of TeenTop) also grew up in the US. But like Taec, they also gave up their rights to live in the US just to serve in the South Korean military. This is also the primary reason why I respect them cause while others try to dodge the conscription, they went into it full force :) However, unlike Taec, Eric passed his medical and judged to be eligible in active duty. However, he suffered an accident during a shooting where he saved his leading lady from serious injuries but he had to stay in the hospital for a month I think and did rehab for his back or waist ( not really sure). After that, he was ruled fit to serve in civil service duty ( I am unsure if I am using the right terms).

Taec, on the other hand, went under the knife to be able to serve as an active soldier. Eric is also a CEO of Shinhwa company and his own entertainment company. I think he also has a master's degree and all of us know that Taec is back in graduate school :) I think Taec will not go wrong if he will follow in Eric's footsteps. Anyway, they are both rappers in their group :)
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by journoexpat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ma-Lang-Zaa, Jenzzy, avrylle19, BadBat, DOH, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #137122

• stannis
  • New Star
  • Thank you received: 265
Taec at Kiehl's Seoul Fanmeeting today

Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by stannis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ma-Lang-Zaa, Jenzzy, avrylle19, Paris35, BadBat, fgnuva, journoexpat, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #137124

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 1768
Yes, sis@fgnuva, I was the one who said that he was born to wear a suit but come to think of it, also to wear a simple white shirt, black shirt, gray shirt, denims, tank tops etc. I hope his stylist is no longer crying because of his atrocious fashion sense :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #137125

• stannis
  • New Star
Hello sis @yummiejeu.

1. Yes. Taec's enlisting in 2017. His contract with 2PM and JYPE is until 2018 but since he's turning 30 (in korean age) soon, it can't be delayed further. Back in 2013, He used to say that he's going in 2015 but it got delayed for 2 years because he extended his contract in 2014 for 4 more years. Taec is going with Minjun and the rest of the members except Nichkhun who's a foreigner are enlisting a year after.

2. Taec loves travelling alone. He also loves to explore and discover different cultures. When 2PM is abroad, Taec would travel alone instead of going with his members. When they were in Germany, he went to museums while the others strolled around the city. He also likes to explore Japan whenever he's free. During their US tour last year, he mentioned that he walked from Santa Monica Pier to Venice Beach with some staff while the other members went to Disneyland. hahaha. Just a couple of months ago, he went to Turkey, Greece and Germany with his entire family.

3. Old Boy vs. Young Boy are their respective units whenever they play group games in TV shows, concerts, fanmeetings, etc. Old Boy consists of the 3 oldest members Minjun, Nichkhun and Taecyeon while Wooyoung, Junho and Chansung belongs to Young Boy. I don't exactly know if he's good at bowling but when 2PM tweeted their bowling scoreboards before, Taec got the highest score after Khunnie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ma-Lang-Zaa, avrylle19, BadBat, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 7 months ago #137126

• stannis
  • New Star
I love the Taecyeon in suit appreciation in this thread! I know he got famous with his ripped body but I honestly think he's hotter when he's clothed. =D I want to share my favorite Taec photoshoot to you guys. You're in for a visual pleasure. Here, have some eye candy.

1520619_796229223745696_111270680157833455_n-vert.jpg

10363250_796229593745659_3869604920753026233_n-tile.jpg

10361032_796229477079004_2318476703880440068_n-tile.jpg

10429489_796229323745686_1949992447162669261_n-tile.jpg

10991118_796229347079017_2634694343404884004_n-tile.jpg

11011054_796229493745669_1428157240035730612_n-tile.jpg

:onhot: :onhot: :onhot: :onhot: :luvluv: :luvluv: :luvluv: :luvluv:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ma-Lang-Zaa, Jenzzy, avrylle19, Paris35, BadBat, fgnuva, DOH, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #137128

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
journoexpat wrote:
Sis@DOH you also know Shinhwa? I am an avid fan of Shinhwa especially Eric Mun, the group's leader. I think he is such an admirable and respectable leader. Shinhwa is the only idol group I follow but now because of Taec, I also like 2PM :)

Taec aspires his group to be like Shinhwa. Shinhwa was able to regroup after more than four years in hiatus due to military service. I hope 2PM will also be able to do so once all of the members are done with their conscription.

Just like Taec, Eric and Andy (Shinhwa's youngest and mentor of TeenTop) also grew up in the US. But like Taec, they also gave up their rights to live in the US just to serve in the South Korean military. This is also the primary reason why I respect them cause while others try to dodge the conscription, they went into it full force :) However, unlike Taec, Eric passed his medical and judged to be eligible in active duty. However, he suffered an accident during a shooting where he saved his leading lady from serious injuries but he had to stay in the hospital for a month I think and did rehab for his back or waist ( not really sure). After that, he was ruled fit to serve in civil service duty ( I am unsure if I am using the right terms).

Taec, on the other hand, went under the knife to be able to serve as an active soldier. Eric is also a CEO of Shinhwa company and his own entertainment company. I think he also has a master's degree and all of us know that Taec is back in graduate school :) I think Taec will not go wrong if he will follow in Eric's footsteps. Anyway, they are both rappers in their group :)

Thanks sis@journoexpat, you are also give great info. Wow, Shinhwa is really a great role model for younger generations. :heartsh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 6 months ago #137129

• DOH
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2795
Hi, sis @jurnoexpat

Yes, I got to know about Shinhwa when I was watching Running Man and Cool Kidz on the Block. Their team work was unquestionable. Even Eric is the leader, he is very quiet and the black sheep, hehe. They always say that he is bad in everything LOL. Taec and Eric are similar and yet different in a lot of ways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, yummiejeu
Time to create page: 0.875 seconds