Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ok Taecyeon (옥택연)

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #140996

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 1768
I think I should stop calling Taec "bingu" and will stick with "Mr. Sunshine" moniker :)

I always thought that TMAD was my respite from the usual depressing news I encounter almost daily but after a week of news about politics, trade and tragedy ( Paris, Mali, Syria ), seeing Taec's smiling face in all the pics posted here and in the other social media sites, somewhat lighten up my mood. He has such a gracious face and smiling eyes that his optimistic and cheerful personality just infect anyone even if it is just through his pics.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, fgnuva, Sagitandra, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #140999

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2490
Good afternoon to you too sis @journoexpat. Thanks for posting the translated article. Yes, sis, I did ask once if he was a Christian. It didn't say that on his Wikipedia page. I just assumed he was based also on that conversation with a friend if they were still doing Bible verses. PSH's page in Wikipedia actually indicates that.

I guess the 2PM guys are busy rehearsing, they have a number in a musical event at the end of this month.

Am re-watching 3MAD Season 1. The atmosphere in Season 1 was quite different from that in Season 2, especially after PSH's visit. But I also noticed that he was kind of a bit attentive to Go Ara too when she visited, just a bit... maybe his natural way of being nice. Like he cooked her rice cakes but I didn't see any of the kind of "sweet" exchange he had with PSH. sorry....
You can say most of Season 1 guests were their co-stars in Wonderful Days....The two "moms" of Taecyeon came, so did his "sister" Dong-ok. And their brother, Dong-tak. The "father" in that drama also came, but Taecyeon was out of the country I think and so he wasn't on the 3MAD set. Minky was such a lovable pup at that time, kind of incredible she "grew up" to be a mom in just a few months... And so did Jackson. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, journoexpat, Sagitandra, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141001

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
Quite agree with you sis@journoexpat. I think I'll follow your lead... Mr. Sunshine it is for me too! :)
I guess as he learned to cook better, he gained more confidence and he didn't make too many careless mistakes (ooops, is that an oxymoron?) anymore. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, journoexpat, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141006

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
Hi sis@fgnuva, so glad to see you online :) Yes, TMAD season 1 was full of challenges for Taec and LSJ and full of awkward moments but those eps showed Taec's real personality. Yes, he was attentive to Go Ara but he was always accommodating and attentive plus courteous to all the female guests and to senior guests :)

What was missing in those episodes was his exuberance and adorable goofiness whenever Shin Hye was around :)

BTW, I came across this quote from a book called "History of Love" while doing research for my training module and it reminded me of TY-PSH TMAD moments : " Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering."

Can this be called shipping :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, fgnuva, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141013

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
Oh sis@journoexpat that's so sweet! Her laughter was a question he wanted to answer the rest of his life. How romantically touching.
Are you shipping? Nah! Just match-making tee-hee... :)
You're quite right there... He has consistently been accommodating and courteous to everyone. Esp the elders and the ladies.
If only we can have an evidence that the "unofficial couple" of Oksunbong have kept in contact... We don't even see them go to the same events. Taecyeon was in the VIP premiere of "You call it Passion" while PSH was in Suzy Bae's movie premiere for Dorihwaga. Taecyeon goes off to Bolivia and PSH flies to Sydney.
When, when, when will they ever get together again? Will the directors and production companies ever heed our clamor for a reunion in a drama or movie?
Santa can't you see we here in this forum have been nice, can you give us our wish this holiday season? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: journoexpat

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141024

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
fgnuva wrote:
Oh sis@journoexpat that's so sweet! Her laughter was a question he wanted to answer the rest of his life. How romantically touching.
Are you shipping? Nah! Just match-making tee-hee... :)
You're quite right there... He has consistently been accommodating and courteous to everyone. Esp the elders and the ladies.
If only we can have an evidence that the "unofficial couple" of Oksunbong have kept in contact... We don't even see them go to the same events. Taecyeon was in the VIP premiere of "You call it Passion" while PSH was in Suzy Bae's movie premiere for Dorihwaga. Taecyeon goes off to Bolivia and PSH flies to Sydney.
When, when, when will they ever get together again? Will the directors and production companies ever heed our clamor for a reunion in a drama or movie?
Santa can't you see we here in this forum have been nice, can you give us our wish this holiday season? :)

When I saw the quote, it just reminded me of how Taecyeon made Shin Hye burst out laughing when she was in TMAD. She found him so funny that even during her phone call to her mother on Episode 16, she could not help but laugh at Taec sprinting while pushing the wheelbarrow to get firewood, which prompted her mother to ask "why" and she answered "Ok Bingu" ( definitely her mother is aware of who Ok Bingu is and his outstanding qualities being an avid viewer of TMAD). And I remember Shin Hye saying that her future husband should have a good sense of humor for the family and for the household to be happy :) (here I go again with my matchmaking, I really should stop, sorry ).
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by journoexpat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva, Sagitandra, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141027

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
There are pictures of Taecyeon in his school today, meaning he attended classes. I bet Shin Hye is also busy attending her own classes but also busy shooting her movie.

Will Shin Hye be attending the Blue Dragon Film Awards on November 26? Taec is said to be attending, I hope Shin Hye will also be there :)

Yes, sis@fgnuva, I am quite disappointed that producers of drama, movies or even cf or even magazine editors are so dragging their feet to have these two together in a project. Are they dilly-dallying or just so out of touch that they kept partnering the two with other people, Lotte Duty Free has PSH and 2PM as their models and yet they did not even put them together in a video or even photo shoot after Shin Hye guested at TMAD last May. Even K-netizens approved of their chemistry and team-up and this was proven by the slew of articles about the two and of course the ratings of TMAD which bested the competition. Where can you find a couple who only appeared in four episodes of a script-free, non-rom com, reality show , without make-up, out of their comfort zone location but still able to capture and charm not only Korean people but international fans as well. It has been months since the two appeared together and yet Instagram accounts and facebook accounts pairing them continue to thrive :bingo:

LSJ was right, "whenever there is Taecyeonie, there is Shin Hye" :) because fans always mention them in the same breath and I found a video from TVN about a survey of 20 most beautiful Korean actresses and I think Shin Hye was number 13 but the title was the one which killed me, it said " a survey approved by Ok Taecyeon" when Shin Hye's part in the video was about to be shown :ding:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ma-Lang-Zaa, Jenzzy, avrylle19, fgnuva, Sagitandra, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141030

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
And this despite, Taec's long-time ideal woman Ha Ji Won is also in the poll and among the top 10, so TVN is also definitely shipping, err, match-making :D

And since it was TVN and PD Na who were responsible for bringing us the unofficial Oksunbong couple, then it is their duty as entertainment providers to put TY-PSH together in a project :pray:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, fgnuva, Sidy, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141035

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
journoexpat wrote:
And this despite, Taec's long-time ideal woman Ha Ji Won is also in the poll and among the top 10, so TVN is also definitely shipping, err, match-making :D

And since it was TVN and PD Na who were responsible for bringing us the unofficial Oksunbong couple, then it is their duty as entertainment providers to put TY-PSH together in a project :pray:

sis@journoexpat (good that you are back) & Sis@fgnuva, Yes, we need our daily dose of Mr. Sunshine. He does have that knack to make me smile. Just like sis@journoexpat mentioned about putting TY-PSY together in a project, you still have one year to go before he enlists in the military. Thanks for mentioning those happy times at TMAD (believe it or not, I still watch TMAD once in a while when I need my happy time mood). Hmmmm....eventhough Ha Ji Won was his long time ideal woman...wonder who it is now...? ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva, journoexpat

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141036

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
Taecyeon from dkim1's ig
Cr: dkim1's ig and 2pmalways

CUllOYBWoAAqeYY.jpg

Look like Taec gave a speech for KOICA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva, journoexpat, Sagitandra
Time to create page: 0.561 seconds