Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ok Taecyeon (옥택연)

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141348

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 1768
A KBS 2 programme shot an episode in Oksunbong farm and the place looks so lonely and so worn down.

The farm now served as camping ground and a tourist site,according to reports.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, klebis, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141365

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
Good day ladies! Wow really so quiet here :(

Anyways, my best friend in the US and my cousin back home teased me for joining this forum for an idol known for his beastly image. I told them I discovered last year that there's more to him than just an idol, that he is a goodhearted person with a childlike exuberance and has depth both in his thinking and future personal plans.

My cousin even reminded me that in a variety program pitting Shinhwa against 2PM that we watched years ago, in one of the events where the two teams were to extinguish the burning candles using chaku without breaking the candle sticks, I was annoyed that Taec was the one who blew out most of the candles even though he was just playing around :)

I also asked them to watch the four TMAD episodes with PSH as guest. They told me Taec was funny and weird because definitely he should be used to female adulation. My friend even pointed out that Taec received that "bloody" letter from a fan. But they were one in their observations that he was totally smitten and his body language and facial expressions could not deny it.

Now, they are planning to watch both TMAD seasons 1 and 2 and re-watch the said four episodes :) That's what they get for teasing me :P
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by journoexpat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: avrylle19, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141368

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
And after seeing this:

taecblue4-2.jpg

I am just waiting for the news that he will be the spokesperson for Audi in Korea :) He totally gave Audi heavy media mileage for driving the car for the red carpet appearance at the Blue Dragon awards night :) He was very suave could be likened to Agent 007, although his name is Ok, Taecyeon Ok and not Bond, James Bond :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, avrylle19, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141372

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
Lastly, I stumbled upon a forum on PSH appearance on Visa Checkout service (?) in HK. I don't want to be seen like an interloper so I did not post a comment there but I hope this post will not be seen like out of topic here :)

I found Shin Hye so gorgeous and elegant in her gold D&G dress. In my own opinion, Shin Hye is always on point when it comes to her attire, hair, make-up and over-all appearance. Her dresses are always to die for and always modest unlike other actresses I've seen in their guestings wearing short or even micro-mini dresses and then kept pulling it down as they were uncomfortable.

She is always so lady-like and elegant in a dress and very cute yet sexy in casual clothes, and I am sure someone who used to be dubbed as a fashion terrorist will agree with these observations, although I know he is more into this woman's personality above anything else :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: elankham, avrylle19, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141383

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2490
Hi sis@journoexpat so nice to read your posts.
Ah ha ha see? Really this Taecyeon fever is so infectious!
I have just finished Season 1, it was kind of lonesome and sad... Looking back at those days it's interesting how things turned out.. They were asked in the closing episode what they might want to bring in the spring season. And one of them (was it Taecyeon?) said refrigerator.
They also enumerated the veggies they wanted to plant and they did mention a few...little did the 2 gentlemen knew they'd have a bountiful harvest.
Sisters pls check out Season 1 Ep 9 to 10 when Seung-gi came and the 2 "mothers" of Taecyeon's character in Wonderful Days...there's a poster of i think PSH and Lee Seung-gi on the window... They were taken off in the last episode.
The 2 "mothers" of Wonderful Days both opened and closed Season 1... Just like PSH opened and closed Season 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, journoexpat

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141384

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
Sis @journoexpat I was curious about the "bloody love letter"? May I know the site or link? I have not heard of that yet. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141387

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
Did you say the Oksunbong farm is "worn down" oh that's a pity.
Regardless of it having run only for a year PD Na did accomplish something so unique with this show. There were many lessons.
One of them was his reminder at the end of the last episode of Season (1) Remember to eat 3 meals a day. I think Lee Seo-jin was not eating properly and he was like a friend showing Seo-jin the importance of eating good meals.
Lesson 2 was stated by Hwa-jung who said something about enjoying meals with friends and family as one of the joys of this life. She certainly said it so sharply. That's what they had when they returned to Oksunbong for Episode 10 and had an impromptu Christmas party of sorts with lights music and dumplings (from scratch).
Indeed the joy of eating with family and friends what can compare to that?
Lesson 3: That one can survive from a farm life...at least the basic needs for survival, food...
It was interesting how Taecyeon actually grew into it.. Becoming more adept with starting the fire, cooking, milking Jackson, even planting and harvesting.
Honestly it was after watching him make yoghurt, cheese and mayonnaise from milk and eggs they themselves got from their farm animals that I really appreciated these animals.
Lesson 4: Farmers are one of the most undervalued people on earth. We need to support farmers and those in agriculture more. We need to encourage more and more farmers and even younger generations to consider farming as a viable way of earning a living.
There are more lessons am sure that you dear sisters have learned from this variety show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, journoexpat

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141390

• fgnuva
  • Gold Star
The thing about Taecyeon is that he can be comfortable doing documentary in a South American country one day and equally comfortable driving a sports car in a suit the next...
What you see is what you get. He's a man in love with life and what it has to offer... I wish him well always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141391

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
fgnuva wrote:
Sis @journoexpat I was curious about the "bloody love letter"? May I know the site or link? I have not heard of that yet. Thanks!

Hi Sis@fgnuva, I am so glad to see you here :) About the letter, a friend of mine who used to work in Korea was the one who first told me about it and then I remember I searched for it, using the words "taecyeon bloody letter" or "k-pop creepy letters", and there were so many articles about it.

Crazy fans would sometimes write letters to their idols by puncturing their fingers to draw blood. They will then write the letter using their own blood to show their love or admiration to their idols.

In the case of Taec, the female fan was just so ghastly ( I don't know if we can discuss it here but I bet it will be easy for you to find the articles if you will use the above keywords) and she even stressed that Taec could not live without her. All I can say is, I am glad that Taec was not traumatized by this experience.
I also hope the girl was able to seek help and now living a normal life. Admiring someone is fine but obsession is unhealthy.
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by journoexpat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 4 months ago #141393

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
fgnuva wrote:
Hi sis@journoexpat so nice to read your posts.
Ah ha ha see? Really this Taecyeon fever is so infectious!
I have just finished Season 1, it was kind of lonesome and sad... Looking back at those days it's interesting how things turned out.. They were asked in the closing episode what they might want to bring in the spring season. And one of them (was it Taecyeon?) said refrigerator.
They also enumerated the veggies they wanted to plant and they did mention a few...little did the 2 gentlemen knew they'd have a bountiful harvest.
Sisters pls check out Season 1 Ep 9 to 10 when Seung-gi came and the 2 "mothers" of Taecyeon's character in Wonderful Days...there's a poster of i think PSH and Lee Seung-gi on the window... They were taken off in the last episode.
The 2 "mothers" of Wonderful Days both opened and closed Season 1... Just like PSH opened and closed Season 2.

Yes sis, there was a poster of Lee Seung-gi but I don't remember if the girl was Shin Hye ( you have sharp eyes there sis) perhaps its a promo poster for Seung-gi's album. PSH was featured in one of the video's of his his songs. I think she even appeared in one of his live performances. They are friends. Perhaps it was LSJ who put it there cause he considers LSG as a brother as they are under one agency while PD Na used to be LSG's director in 2 days and one night.

That's why I was really surprised when Taec won over the hard to please LSJ when they don't even belong to the same company and just acted in one drama :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, fgnuva
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds