Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ok Taecyeon (옥택연)

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141691

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2451
journoexpat wrote:
yummiejeu wrote:
I know this is old news, but I didn't get the chance to comment on the photos from the Blue Dragon awards. I noticed in one of his photos of his thumbs tucked in a fist at his side. I then saw the reason why....look like he injured his left thumb. I hope it healed by now.

restmb_jhidxmake1-2.jpeg

Thumb hidden from view

restmb_jhidxmake5.jpeg

Scar on thumb visible

Hi Sis@yummiejeu so good to have you back :) Hope everything's fine and you were able to finish your work way beyond the deadlines :)

So that was the reason why he was making a fist with his hand, he was trying to hide his injured thumb The wound still looked fresh.
Sis@journoexpat, it's good to be back. All that stress... need a dose of Mr. Sunshine once in awhile. ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva, journoexpat

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141692

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
journoexpat wrote:
yummiejeu wrote:
I know, I am way behind and this is old news now. But posting it anyways.

18 Sexy and shirtless Korean hunks to be thankful for this Thanksgiving

84c64f79-3345-492e-9a41-97c70b01ec27.jpg

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful...for hot Korean men!

Whether you spend your Thanksgiving eating delicious food with friends and family or feeding your heart by watching hours and hours of Korean dramas, I'm certain we all can agree that the sexy men of Dramaland are something to be thankful for this holiday season! From So Ji Sub to Kim Woo Bin, there is a hot Korean man out there to melt all our hearts!

Scroll through and check out these sexy, shirtless Korean men who will help to make your holiday a little brighter! There is so much to be thankful for with these gorgeous gods in the world!

(skipped unrelated.....)

17. Ok Taec Yeon

37ebab27-88b0-4ae9-ae44-3108928acdf3.jpg

source : dramafever

Thanks for this article sis :) However, I noticed that dramafever always have this kind of articles only to feature some of their biased stars :huh: But I should not complain as Taec is here. Though I think he deserves a better ranking ( is this ranked by the way?) According to a friend ofmine, Taec was chosen by gym instructors and bodybuilders as having the best abs in Korea and this was based only on the abs photos without seeing the face of the owner of those abs.

He was ranked No. 17 in this article. I agree though about this kind of articles being biased. He did have one of the best abs but I don't know if he still maintain it. He's been so busy I don't think he goes to the gym as often. In TMAD, his arms don't look as toned as the above picture. Either way, he still looks great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141693

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
  • Thank you received: 1768
yummiejeu wrote:
journoexpat wrote:
yummiejeu wrote:
I know this is old news, but I didn't get the chance to comment on the photos from the Blue Dragon awards. I noticed in one of his photos of his thumbs tucked in a fist at his side. I then saw the reason why....look like he injured his left thumb. I hope it healed by now.

restmb_jhidxmake1-2.jpeg

Thumb hidden from view

restmb_jhidxmake5.jpeg

Scar on thumb visible

Hi Sis@yummiejeu so good to have you back :) Hope everything's fine and you were able to finish your work way beyond the deadlines :)

So that was the reason why he was making a fist with his hand, he was trying to hide his injured thumb The wound still looked fresh.
Sis@journoexpat, it's good to be back. All that stress... need a dose of Mr. Sunshine once in awhile. ;)

You got that right sis :) And the Mr. Sunshine moniker is really appropriate :) although Ok Bingu is a name which will always be endeared by the fans :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141694

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
I also noticed that Sis@yummiejeu that Taec's arms are not that toned anymore but I think this is because after he broke his arm and underwent surgery, he was told not to let his arm muscles to be as bulging as before and it has to to do something with the bones ( I am not very sure about this but he talked about it in one of the shows).

But to be honest, I like his body now than before when he was built like a truck and his arms were really muscular ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: avrylle19, fgnuva, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141756

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
I know this is way off topic but this occurred to me.
I always wondered why Shin Hye said Taecyeon is humane in her TMAD interview in her first appearance. She said he was funny, humane, optimistic, a great man. Humane is a odd word to use since this is the definition:
1. Characterized by tenderness, compassion, and sympathy for people and animals, especially for the suffering or distressed: humane treatment of prisoners.
2. acting in a manner that causes the least harm to people or animals:
humane trapping of stray pets.
3. of or relating to humanistic studies.

You gotta remember that this was in her first meeting with him. Usually you say the person is nice or kind. We only found out about his humane side recently when he went to do charity work in Bolivia around November. So I don't know if it was translated wrong/different or they talked about it off camera. Just a thought. :bingo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: avrylle19, fgnuva, journoexpat

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141757

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
yummiejeu wrote:
I always wondered why Shin Hye said Taecyeon is humane in her TMAD interview in her first appearance. She said he was funny, humane, optimistic, a great man. Humane is a odd word to use since this is the definition:
1. Characterized by tenderness, compassion, and sympathy for people and animals, especially for the suffering or distressed: humane treatment of prisoners.

You gotta remember that this was in her first meeting with him. Usually you say the person is nice or kind. We only found out about his humane side recently when he went to do charity work in Bolivia around November. So I don't know if it was translated wrong/different or they talked about it off camera. Just a thought. :bingo:

Hi Sis@yummiejeu, I think she already formed her opinions of Taec even before she guested. Remember when she first entered the farm and talked to LSJ, she said that she was a serious viewer of TMAD, meaning she watched the entire first season. And she knew so much about the show like asking about the old car and that it was true that it was impossible to see the bottom of the cauldron because of the steam (which made Taec turnaround and talked to PD Na to say that she knew more about the program than any of them and then he was abruptly told by PD Na to go back to his chores) Shin hye also knew the names of Pearl, Dia and Jackson, and of course Mingki. Remember she was also worried going to the heart shaped field because she wasn't Go Ara :)

So I think when she described Taec she was already too aware of his love for Mingki and how he treats people by watching TMAD. If i remember it correctly she was too quick to describe him as "humane, funny and optimistic" but became shy to sum up her description of him as a "great man".
The following user(s) said Thank You: avrylle19, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141759

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
Plus ( this is a long shot), perhaps she was aware of the fact that Taec did volunteer work in Tanzania for KOICA, because I know Shin Hye is also involved in lots of charity and volunteer activities just like what she did in Ghana.

But perhaps the other ladies have their own take on why Shin Hye described Taec as "humane" :)
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by journoexpat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, avrylle19, fgnuva, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141761

• yummiejeu
  • Gold Star
journoexpat wrote:
yummiejeu wrote:

Hi Sis@yummiejeu, I think she already formed her opinions of Taec even before she guested. Remember when she first entered the farm and talked to LSJ, she said that she was a serious viewer of TMAD, meaning she watched the entire first season. And she knew so much about the show like asking about the old car and that it was true that it was impossible to see the bottom of the cauldron because of the steam (which made Taec turnaround and talked to PD Na to say that she knew more about the program than any of them and then he was abruptly told by PD Na to go back to his chores) Shin hye also knew the names of Pearl, Dia and Jackson, and of course Mingki. Remember she was also worried going to the heart shaped field because she wasn't Go Ara :)

So I think when she described Taec she was already too aware of his love for Mingki and how he treats people by watching TMAD. If i remember it correctly she was too quick to describe him as "humane, funny and optimistic" but became shy to sum up her description of him as a "great man".

Hi sis@journoexpat, you got a point but still don't fit in. Taec cared for Minki but Minki was not a stray or abused according to definition of humane. He treated Lee Seon Ji with respect and none of the guests nor animals were experiencing suffering or distress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenzzy, klebis, fgnuva

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141763

• journoexpat
  • Expert Star
I think the word "humane" was used to mean that he is kind-hearted or considerate :)

But to be sure about how the word was used to describe Taec, I think the korean word used by Shin Hye during the interview should be determined to see if it is open to different translations :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgnuva, yummiejeu

Ok Taecyeon (옥택연) 8 years 5 months ago #141827

• DOH
  • Gold Star
  • Thank you received: 2795
Sis @fgnuva, sidy, jurnoexpat
Update from Taec

CVjYl79UEAAydq9.jpg

CVjYmgNUYAApDZ_.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: narjess89, avrylle19, klebis, fgnuva, journoexpat, yummiejeu
Time to create page: 0.709 seconds